Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Left Field
Veteran Slugger
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:55 pm

Dorkside just sent me a sales notice and top of the list is retro FF set for less than $120 and great price on singles.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:42 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:02 am
New arms, legs and feet. A thin trench coat overlay on the existing Thing chest. New head with hat. Pretty easy to pull off that look for Ben. The Toybiz 90s Thing in the trench coat was a gate way toy that got me back into collecting. In the mid 90s just the idea that they'd do such a classic deep cut sort of look. Market wasn't the same back then the way it is now.
You know the only way Hasbro will do trenchcoat Ben is if they can find a way to fit him inside the Nick Fury/Gambit coat...
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:52 pm

Madcap1 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:39 am
For the rock detail on my retro Ben I bought a gundam marker 3-pack on Amazon for 8 bucks — black, gray, and brown — and used the brown on Ben. And the gray on High Evolutionary. Both significantly upgrade the figure imo, and are nearly idiot proof.
This. They're super useful for adding just a little pop to figures. I used the grey on Skullbuster's cyborg parts, for example, which I thought looked very "plastic"-y before I touched them up. I also use them to color things like buttons or small straps that otherwise get overlooked during factory painting. They're super easy to use, and they definitely add a bit of depth to figures like Thing.
darkmoon766
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:10 am

RoyalCollector wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:54 pm
I would have been happier with the darker blue they showed in the digital render for Johnny.
I would rather have had them all light blue but all of them matching is more important. It seems like johnny is a lighter blue than sue and reed. So need to use another reed body for johnny. The white shape on the neck will match better that way as well.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:34 am

darkmoon766 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:10 am
RoyalCollector wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:54 pm
I would have been happier with the darker blue they showed in the digital render for Johnny.
I would rather have had them all light blue but all of them matching is more important. It seems like johnny is a lighter blue than sue and reed. So need to use another reed body for johnny. The white shape on the neck will match better that way as well.
I meant as he was the first shown in the team and the initial indication of the upcoming color palette, I'd have rather they all were the darker blue. They changed it during production.

Preferences, preferences.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:35 am

JPC wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:42 pm

You know the only way Hasbro will do trenchcoat Ben is if they can find a way to fit him inside the Nick Fury/Gambit coat...
We need a LOL button here.
saintguillotine
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:06 am

Just got the powered up Sue via a Chinese seller. She's cool. I like it a lot. Actually really like the headsculpt and the shape of the hair.

Flamed on Johnny is due soon and with walgreens Ben itll be good to have 3/4 of the team. Wish I hadn't snoozed on walgreens Reed though.

Sent from my STK-L22 using Tapatalk

Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:20 am

darkmoon766 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:28 pm
Neil Magnum wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:59 am
I tried the Retro Sue hair on a Dazzler head. It's not a straight swap, have to take off the headband, shave down the head to fit inside the hair. Its hard to find the right placement and it not looking like helmet hair. But I do like how the face is with this hair though.

That is incredible. How hard was it to take off the headband?
Not too hard if you've used a dremel and done some sanding. I don't have a real steady hand and I was able to take it off. And with the Retro hair, it does a good job covering at least one side of the forehead.

To get the hair to fit better, I wrapped those plastic wraps that sometimes used in the packages around the hair to form over the head.

NeoZeRo35
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:47 am

september_death wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:32 pm
I think this set is pretty 80’s. I definitely want a 90’s masked Thing at a minimum. You can argue the rest of the team is fine with the powered up Storm siblings from this set. (I’d take a tactical vest Reed, but can live with this version too).
Again, I'd be a sucker even for these ridiculous costumes, pouches, jackets, and guns for all. Oh the 90s were a fun time in comics :lol:
darkmoon766
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:13 am

Neil Magnum wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:20 am
darkmoon766 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:28 pm
Neil Magnum wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:59 am
I tried the Retro Sue hair on a Dazzler head. It's not a straight swap, have to take off the headband, shave down the head to fit inside the hair. Its hard to find the right placement and it not looking like helmet hair. But I do like how the face is with this hair though.

That is incredible. How hard was it to take off the headband?
Not too hard if you've used a dremel and done some sanding. I don't have a real steady hand and I was able to take it off. And with the Retro hair, it does a good job covering at least one side of the forehead.

To get the hair to fit better, I wrapped those plastic wraps that sometimes used in the packages around the hair to form over the head.

Thanks for the tips!
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:28 pm

My Johnny has left the building.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:45 pm

My Human Torch from Hasbro is scheduled for delivery today. I ordered the entire FF wave from Pulse though and this is the only one fulfilling. Disappointing since the FF wave seems to be available literally everywhere else already.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:47 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:45 pm
My Human Torch from Hasbro is scheduled for delivery today. I ordered the entire FF wave from Pulse though and this is the only one fulfilling. Disappointing since the FF wave seems to be available literally everywhere else already.
I just got shipping notice about Torch this morning. I gave up on my Pulse preorder for the main wave, though - Dorkside has these guys STEEPLY discounted, so why wait even longer when there's a chance to pay 17 bucks instead of 23 and get them in a few days instead of a few months.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Along with Diablo, Wizard, Trapster, Crystal, Karnak, Lockjaw, Gorgon, Triton, Maximus the Mad, Puppet Master, Red Ghost, Mad Thinker, Awesome Android, Malice, Sharon Ventura (Ms. Marvel version) and Trench coat Thing, I want this figure:

Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:49 pm

I knew I’d need a pretty blond head at some point…

Dagger hair on a Mockingbird head. I like some of the others I’ve seen here better, but for something that was ready to go and popped right on after a few seconds with the Dremel, I’ll take it. It might have even gone on if I had just heated it, but it was going to be super tight.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”