Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
darkmoon766
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:53 pm

NorrinRadd wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:41 am
Found them at Walmart in Chapel Hill today.

This particular Sue will do for me, even with the sloppy chest paint. Her hair is seated a bit higher and farther back on her right side than most versions of this iteration I’ve seen. Seems to work to the sculpt/paint’s advantage.

Try adjusting the hair placement a little more...

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fantastic Four Legends (speculation)

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:44 pm

Had to take Terrax out to get High Evolutionary and Psycho-Man in the FF villains display. Super Skrull will probably be the next to go, when several of his friends show up and there’s no room for a bunch of Skrull foot soldiers. Any attempt to do the Frightful Four will result in some serious shuffling.

FlexionDynamo
Avengers Assemble

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:39 pm

I need that Watcher. I keep searching for one at retail...
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:44 pm

I would argue despite Kang's connection to the FF he really belongs in an Avengers display if you're looking for more space. I'd consider Terrax more a FF villain than High Evolutionary. Of course its all good bc the display looks great.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:57 pm

DerRabbi wrote:I would argue despite Kang's connection to the FF he really belongs in an Avengers display if you're looking for more space. I'd consider Terrax more a FF villain than High Evolutionary. Of course its all good bc the display looks great.
Thanks! I have Kang in with the Avengers villains too, but I try not to double up on everyone. Terrax got pulled because of the inevitable relocation to be with the rest of the heralds with Galactus on top of the shelves.

My top shelf is all 90’s, because it seems to be the biggest grouping for each team, or ancillary teams like Alpha Flight, New Warriors, Excalibur, etc. who had the same looks across more than one decade. As nostalgic as the new FF is for the 90’s cardbacks, I’d consider them more 80’s looks. I really want Ben with the helmet from when Wolverine cut up his face. I can live if that’s the only 90’s figure we get (assuming we don’t get the ridiculous IW costume); he can be joined by the Ronan wave Reed, and the powered up Torch and IW from this wave.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:52 am

I regret painting my Ronan wave Reed to the more classic Silver Age look. It never really worked; that plastic didn't take paint well and I ended up just destroying the figure. Not sure what I'm doing with the Byrne costume ones. My preferred look is classic Silver Age; I like the others too, but I'm not sure I need three versions of the FF. Four versions when the inevitable Future Foundation ones come out. I suppose I'll put a lab coat Reed in the corner of my FF shelf with maybe some Kirby looking tech in his hands and the inevitable SheHulk FF costume; and leave the classics at the center of the display. Obviously may shift this Johnny to that display but I redecoed the old Walgreens Johnny to work pretty well there already. Didn't have the skill to do the black lines on him but everything else worked. If I use this one I'm going to have to add some yellow accents into the flames or it doesn't look right to me.
souled4
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:34 pm

Without redressing the Four is there much chance of an all villains wave or is this series 1 and done?
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:49 pm

They could repaint the Walgreens Torch with a new head and added staff for a Firelord pretty easily. The rest of the figures that were in the original line would likely need some fairly extensive new tooling. Characters like Triton, Gorgon, Blastaar (granted we have an available head and arms, but his torso and legs would need to be new), Mole Man and the like. So I'm sure they COULD do additional waves, I don't know that they will.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:02 pm

Hopefully they keep them going by Fan Channel releases. I agree that FF waves seem burdened by giving four slots to the team, so their extensive roster of villains and supporting characters is hard to get out there. Plus Spider-Man is the only line to get back to back full retro wave releases.

I think the same challenge is there for the MCU guardians. I wonder if the James Gunn controversy may have affected the big picture plans to when they were going release GOTG3 compared to Love and Thunder. I’m sure the Hasbro team would have loved being able to mix one or two Guardians into the Thor wave.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:22 pm

Pulse finally charged me for flame-off Johnny, after sending out the early ship notice on November 16th.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:33 pm

Andru wrote:
Pulse finally charged me for flame-off Johnny, after sending out the early ship notice on November 16th.

Me too, I think. But it could be Sue, although I ordered two of her so I doubt it since I only got charged for one figure. Odd that they're charging for one but not the other, but hey, Pulse seems to prefer shipping out one figure at a time for whatever reason. :?
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:40 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:33 pm
Andru wrote:

Me too, I think. But it could be Sue, although I ordered two of her so I doubt it since I only got charged for one figure. Odd that they're charging for one but not the other, but hey, Pulse seems to prefer shipping out one figure at a time for whatever reason. :?
It's definitely Johnny.

Can no longer cancel him on my order page, plus he is now listed as in-stock.
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:57 am

I was charged for Johnny today as well, though it doesn’t seem like there’s been any actual shipping movement.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:26 am

I, too, was charged for Johnny today.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dek
Customized

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:36 am

(sigh)...I wasn't charged...

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”