MARVEL SELECT - Red Hulk (p. 275)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Disney Exclusive Hawkeye repaint (p. 236)

Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:37 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:37 am
To slightly change the topic. I've finally bought Ghost Rider, after years of not being sure whether I wanted to spend money on it or not. The figure itself is basically what I expected - a very old MS with no useful articulation and a heckin' beautiful headsculpt. I love this hair and the windswept hair effect on the flame so so much. But the thing I like even more? The base. It's so big and surprisingly dynamic, especially the hand bursting out of rock and one of the others grasping at your figure's foot. Such a cool little piece.

Money more or less well spent.
Minimates look even cooler with the base!

I repainted my ghost rider in black and did a light orange/yellow/red dry brush on his shoulders/upper torso to simulate the flame reflecting off his leather
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:23 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:To slightly change the topic. I've finally bought Ghost Rider, after years of not being sure whether I wanted to spend money on it or not. The figure itself is basically what I expected - a very old MS with no useful articulation and a heckin' beautiful headsculpt. I love this hair and the windswept hair effect on the flame so so much. But the thing I like even more? The base. It's so big and surprisingly dynamic, especially the hand bursting out of rock and one of the others grasping at your figure's foot. Such a cool little piece.

Money more or less well spent.
I broke off the bottom of the base and put a light in it. And use it for blackheartImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:31 pm

Sounds like a really cool idea, the light. I want to make a custom Mephisto at some point and have him stand on the base.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:48 pm

Finally some MS related questions
Aaron F.

Any chances of getting a Marvel Select Scarlet Spider(Kaine Parker)or Silk? As much as I love the amount of Peter Parker you guys have added to my collection I need more spider people! Also are there plans for more Star Wars figures like the Darth Maul and Boba Fett we got?

DSTChuck: I do love some Spidey stuff, so you never know, but the next several Marvel Select figures are not Spidey-related. And the next Star Wars figure is the Stormtrooper, available on shopdisney.com now! More are coming!

Liam K.

Will we be getting more marvel select mcu movie figures this year? And any more from Spider-Man no way home?

DSTChuck: The only figure we will be releasing for No Way Home is the Disney exclusive figure.
https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/blog/ ... C7KxOFiLko
ktjj1020
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:05 pm

Omg..just one for nwh?? Really disappointed

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:12 pm

Yeah, I think they've chosen to make the least exciting figure possible out of NWH.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:02 pm

On the topic of bases: I really miss DST's big bases. They were SO useful in displays and often why I bought the product in the first place. Captain Marvel's fire, all of the Avengers Compound walls, Doc Strange's window, the Phoenix Firebird, and so many more. I use the Chitauri/Hawkeye railings.

I'm sad those got budget cut, for the most part.
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:06 pm

jimbles wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:44 am
So a $5 increase is not arbitrary, it's necessary
...are you suggesting that the standard release are also going to increase to $35 MSRP? Is this the new Marvel Select cost going forward?
As far as I know, we are keeping our price at $29.99.
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:56 pm

MagnusPrimal wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:31 pm
Doesn’t Disney own the Disney Store? Or am I missing something here? And Disney owns Marvel?
Are you seriously telling me Disney doesn’t get exactly what they want from Marvel Select?
I'm honestly not sure who owns the Disney Store at this point -- their HQ are in Florida -- but it's not like we're contractually required to sell them toys.

But, sure, if ShopDisney wants a specific character, and they're willing to pay for it, be it a new sculpt, a repaint, etc. (usually depends on quantity/timing) then they get what they want. We aren't going to turn down an opportunity to A. make a new figure/character we wouldn't otherwise be allowed to make, and B. sell as many in one fell swoop as we would to a variety of retailers through Diamond Comic Distributors. Like I said, it's good for everybody, including collectors.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:59 pm

MSWord wrote:
Cool, cool, cool. That eases a worry I was having.

MSWord wrote:
Disney does not own the Disney Store, it's a licensed operation since 2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Store

The wiki link says that Disney Store is owned by Disney Consumer Products since 2008 though :?:

Wikipedia wrote:Hoop Retail, the Children's Place subsidiary operating the Disney Stores, announced on March 20, 2008, that they were in talks to sell the Disney Store brand back to The Walt Disney Company. Hoop Retail filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in March. On May 1, 2008, 231 Disney Stores in North America once again became the property of Disney, operating under the Disney Consumer Products arm. James Fielding was named president of Disney Stores Worldwide
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:28 pm

jimbles wrote:
MSWord wrote:
Cool, cool, cool. That eases a worry I was having.

MSWord wrote:
Disney does not own the Disney Store, it's a licensed operation since 2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Store

The wiki link says that Disney Store is owned by Disney Consumer Products since 2008 though :?:

Wikipedia wrote:Hoop Retail, the Children's Place subsidiary operating the Disney Stores, announced on March 20, 2008, that they were in talks to sell the Disney Store brand back to The Walt Disney Company. Hoop Retail filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in March. On May 1, 2008, 231 Disney Stores in North America once again became the property of Disney, operating under the Disney Consumer Products arm. James Fielding was named president of Disney Stores Worldwide
The point is Disney doesn't tell DST that they have to give Disney Store certain exclusives.

We are not DST customers. All toy companies sell their product to retailers. We then buy from those retailers. We are customers of the retailer, the retailer is the customer of DST.

So, as MSWord said, if Disney Store wants to pay DST to make a figure, DST is going to go ahead and do it. They can make the same, if not more, money selling to Disney Store as they can soliciting to various retailers. It's easier for DST and it gets more figures in the line. It isn't because Disney makes DST do it, though.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:59 am

Alright, another blast from the past for me because I've bought Beast (for a custom). Holy carp, this figure is tht definition of toys looking much better in hand than they do in pictures. Looking at this guy online I've always seen him as just a tall and lanky interpretation of Hank but dang, does he deliver a much better impression once bought. I love everything on this figure, from sculpt to proportions and paint. Well, ok, maybe the only thing I don't like is the very basic and cartoony sculpt on his shorts. And while I do like the head quite a bit, I'd like there to be an alternate calm expression, or even a cat head (as I much prefer cat Beast over ape Beast). Even the articulation here is surprisingly good, although limited in places. And while I do have ML Hank in my display because I prefer his more funtional articulation and bulkier physique (plus the old TB cat head fits on that body), I'll actually have regrets once I disassemble and customize MS Beast.

Such a great looking figure.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:59 am
Alright, another blast from the past for me because I've bought Beast (for a custom). Holy carp, this figure is tht definition of toys looking much better in hand than they do in pictures.
It's one of those unfortunate figures that just couldn't hit the right features in the right way to appeal to collectors. I think the biggest killer was the DCUC hips, because that was at the high point of people being very vocal in rejecting that style of engineering, and for it to come on a figure that REQUIRES enhanced movement... it became a near impossible thing to pitch. Didn't stand a chance, and was derided and rejected right out of the gate. But honestly, the proportions are great for a Perez Beast, other than hands that are 10-20% too small.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:34 pm

I'm really liking this figure. Two last pics before I pull him apart.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:24 pm

Price increase and making this an exclusive. :lol:

I wish all exclusive figures were this well done. :rolleyes:

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”