MARVEL SELECT - Apocalypse (p. 215)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Apocalypse (p. 215)

Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:44 pm

I believe Chuck said at the panel that they're looking at a height of 8.5 inches.

I don't recall ever saying what alternate parts it would come with, but we are definitely looking at, and have designed, interchangeable parts. It will all depend on cost which are included.

I like Bart Sears (I love the COPS line), but I think Apocalypse's physique is a little distorted in that sketch, and I do not think the sculpt will skew in that direction, sorry.

Oh, and no BAFs allowed in MS. I believe it needs to fit in the Select packaging, as well.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:16 pm

MSWord wrote:
I believe Chuck said at the panel that they're looking at a height of 8.5 inches.
Sounds perfect, I don't need Apocalypse to be tbr biggest guy on the shelf.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:21 pm

He's the biggest guy on my shelf!

So glad I finally bought the Toy Biz BAF last year. :)
OhmaTime
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:38 pm

YESSS.

I always regretted selling the Hasbro BAF, and while I like my AoA Apocalypse, I really want a more "mainstream" version.

As long as the articulation is decent, day 1 pre-order.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:46 am

So basically it's looking like an ideal non-humongous Apocalypse. If you drown out the silver accents and make them more blue tinted, it's straight up a classic X-Factor Apoc down to the smallest details.

chen11237
I wish I had super powers

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:48 am

MSWord wrote:

I don't recall ever saying what alternate parts it would come with, but we are definitely looking at, and have designed, interchangeable parts. It will all depend on cost which are included.

I like Bart Sears (I love the COPS line), but I think Apocalypse's physique is a little distorted in that sketch, and I do not think the sculpt will skew in that direction, sorry.

Oh, and no BAFs allowed in MS. I believe it needs to fit in the Select packaging, as well.
Good to hear that there wouldn't be BAF in MS,because I think the BAF may cause that the signle figure with less accessories.Does the MS line give up the base?
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:38 am

chen11237 wrote:
Does the MS line give up the base?
We have not given up on bases, but if it is a big figure or has a pack-in figure then we usually don't do a base. Human Torch has a base, but most of the other recent figures (Falcon, SC IM, Wanda) just have a lot of parts. I think we'll see more bases in the future.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:32 am

“Immortal” Hulk and Titanium Man have been some of my favorite toy purchases in the last year or two. Hopefully the final sculpt/articulation treatment on Apocalypse ends up pretty similar to how Hulk’s was done.

All that Bart Sears control art for the 5” Toybiz X-Men line really looks odd to me. Kinda weird since it translated to some of my favorite figures in the line. That 10” deluxe edition Apocalypse was top notch.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:40 am

If this MARVEL SELECT Apocalypse as good as “Immortal” Hulk or Titanium Man I will buy it without hesitation. Love Apocalypse design, so I hope he is more bright blue. That Legends BAF figure needs replacement anyway. Cool figure, but there was always something missing in it.

I hope he doesn't have that dcuc stile crotch though...
chen11237
I wish I had super powers

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:54 pm

MSWord wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:38 am
chen11237 wrote:
Does the MS line give up the base?
We have not given up on bases, but if it is a big figure or has a pack-in figure then we usually don't do a base. Human Torch has a base, but most of the other recent figures (Falcon, SC IM, Wanda) just have a lot of parts. I think we'll see more bases in the future.
Wonderful,looking forward to more figures with base in the future.And do we have any chances to get a new Doctor Octopus of MS in the next year?
FlexionDynamo
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:08 pm

I must be at a sweet spot in my collection, all these new reveals are for characters I don't have and didn't want to spend $$$ on the secondary market.

I'm in for a MS Apocalypse to fit right in with my ML Display!
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:10 pm

Bases are cool
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:34 pm

There's almost a 0% chance that I'll use any base. The one notable exception is the X-Mansion gates, which I overpaid for on eBay a few years ago. I'd much rather have extra accessories.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:45 pm

I don't see the bigger figures coming with that many accessories
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:57 pm

There are bases I'm more inclined to use, like the aforementioned school gates (I got two Marvel Girls for under $10 at a hobby shop that was closing), and the Avengers HQ walls from the MCU figures because they are a floor and a wall and don't take up so much space, but they DO add to the display visuals. The Danger Room bases are the best in terms of that, providing dynamic scenes thanks to some of the machinery and traps. If the base has a lot to do with their powers, I use it also, despite the real estate it takes up. I'm using the base for the new Human Torch. I'm using the Silver Surfer base (honestly it's the best thing about that figure).

Other bases I take out once in a while for photos, like the Emma Frost base, or the awesome Black Cat base (wall and floor with opening window). It's almost if the bases took up 40% of the importance of the contents of the package back then. It wasn't so much about the figures, but how they displayed with the base, which is why they had such little articulation back then. They were closer to statues/dioramas in the earliest days of MS. I'm glad gears have shifted though, and that articulation has become more of a priority.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”