MARVEL SELECT - Apocalypse (p. 215)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Scarlet Witch

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:40 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:14 am
Good point, but as long as the figure doesn't have those hips, I'll be happy.
Yeah those hips are just horrible.

About the only character/figure I've found them to be worth the use for is destroyer and that's mainly for aesthetic reasons, but even then they just aren't functional as I don't need destroyer to do splits.

Those hips should be stricken from existence.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:10 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:13 pm
I know Select-only collectors resent it, but these scalably-large characters MUST be a huge win for Diamond since Legends collectors buy them as well.
Nobody resents you (or anyone else) for supplementing Legends with Selects.

It's been already mentioned a few times before. The only timere there's some resentment from us towards Legends collectors is when you guys come into this thread to wishlist future ML waves around a Select figure or someone asks DST to ONLY make big fig characters, treating MS as a ML sub line.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:58 pm

I think even Diamond Select don't care when people buy their products to put with Hasbro

Because they are still buying

Win win scenario
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:04 pm

Jesse Falcon is a incredibly smart individual for marketing purposes as he handles the marvel product licensing.

He said it was He who asked the Disney store to produce the ironman armory at a height that doubles for legends. So it could appeal to both collectors.

I have no doubt that Titanium Man and the Iron Man legends wave were originally scheduled to come out around the same time for zero reason either.

He knows legends collectors will use select figures to fill out their collections as well. Its just good buisness and makes a piece more profitable to appeal to everyone.

So there's nothing wrong with legends collectors wanting to request big figures via select

I hope select gives us a big ole Sassquatch eventually, I love the legends one, but he's not big enough

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MarvelLegendsMan
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:52 pm

So when are we supposed to actually see Apocalypse, because I'm really excited!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:58 pm

Considering they've slowly been showing things from their NYCC panel (where Apocalypse was featured), it should be any day now. Zach also said we'll a new big fig this week, and Apocalypse is probably it.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:00 pm

"Near future"

"This week"
PharOOO
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:06 pm

If this Apocalypse looks anything like Apocalypse II from the original ToyBiz series, I'll be counting down each day until that epic figure will be released.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:11 pm

VictorD10010 wrote:
"Near future"

"This week"
See below. You even had a post right above it.
MSWord wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:17 pm
100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:59 am
Before a piss fest starts I'm not saying anything else other than MS should do more of these type figures. I'm not saying they should do less of something else. Just that they excell at these bigger characters and they should do more. That's it.
Announcing a new big fig this week.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:12 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:04 pm
He knows legends collectors will use select figures to fill out their collections as well. Its just good buisness and makes a piece more profitable to appeal to everyone.
Ah. Yes, makes sense. So what you're saying is, since he knew Diamond Select was going to make a Human Torch, he told Hasbro to grossly oversize their Thing body mold for the purposes of Select collectors. And since MS Rogue and Psylocke came out in such quick succession to the (again) grossly over-sized ML Beast, he must've called the Hasbro crew and said to take one for the team and ensure those cross-pollination sales were up, up, UP! The independence and decision making of a company means nothing when you can pad the sales of another billion dollar business that is your competition!

Is there any way to make the :rolleyes: emoticon bigger and more obnoxiously obvious? Just kinda curious, not at all related to this conversation.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:27 pm

I doubt Jesse Falcon is telling anyone to make DST toys compatible with Hasbro ones. Certainly, DST has watched sales trends of their product to see if oversized figures sell better than normal sized ones. Maybe Jesse shares info between the lines, so they're not making the same exact figure at the same exact time. Large characters in the larger MS line will sometimes just naturally work with ML as well. Just the nature of oversized characters. They just happen to work with both lines.

I do agree with Jimbles about the ball-knees on Silver Centurion Iron Man. They're terrible. Swivel/hinge elbows and knees tend to give less than 90 degree bend. Not a fan of them in general (they work fine on Mega Construx and some GI Joe figures). I'd much prefer straight hinge knees. Especially when SC IM also has swivel thighs, shins, and ankles. Swivels at the knees are just redundant and unnecessary and in SC IM's case work against the knee hinge itself. So yeah...no more hinge/swivel knees please.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:28 pm

Megazarak wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:11 pm
VictorD10010 wrote:
"Near future"

"This week"
See below. You even had a post right above it.
MSWord wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:17 pm
100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:59 am
Before a piss fest starts I'm not saying anything else other than MS should do more of these type figures. I'm not saying they should do less of something else. Just that they excell at these bigger characters and they should do more. That's it.
Announcing a new big fig this week.
I saw that

But it's because in one image posted yesterday it says "near future"
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:38 pm

No one is telling us to make our figs compatible with ML except some of you guys. Sometimes there are character embargoes due to movies and licensing and such, so we CAN'T make a figure at a certain time, but that is rare. We did not produce Titanium Man to coincide with anything except Silver Centurion Iron Man.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:41 pm

I think is just coincidence
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:50 pm

MSWord wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:38 pm
No one is telling us to make our figs compatible with ML except some of you guys. Sometimes there are character embargoes due to movies and licensing and such, so we CAN'T make a figure at a certain time, but that is rare. We did not produce Titanium Man to coincide with anything except Silver Centurion Iron Man.
Well based on things ive seen Jesse say.. he at times can suggest who you make, timing, and ultimately OK's it or not.

Not saying he's telling you MAKE THIS or MAKE THIS, THIS SIZE.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics