MARVEL SELECT - Apocalypse (p. 215)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Scarlet Witch

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:05 pm

lefthook wrote:Just let the big fig be the Crimson Dynamo we need!
That would be awesome. Hopefully by Mayshelf. I love his sculpts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:49 pm

How great would it have been if MS were producing this level quality action figure 15 years ago when they started?!
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:02 pm

Their character selection was cool but the articulation not as much
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:48 pm

heinousjoe wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:49 pm
How great would it have been if MS were producing this level quality action figure 15 years ago when they started?!
15 years ago, NO ONE was producing figures that were nailing it on ALL levels: sculpt, paint, articulation, value. Sure, I'd love to have gotten figures of Wolverine, Cyclops, Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Beast, Storm, Nightcrawler, Thor, Black Cat, Elektra, Daredevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Thing, among others, all at the current level. But the line has evolved, technology has evolved, etc.
franky4fingers
Supports Digits

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:19 am

VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:22 am

They still have a lot of figures to make of famous characters,but they already did a lot
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:23 am

franky4fingers wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:19 am
So it's him
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:27 am

It’s Diamond Select or Marvel Select, not Apocalypse Select. Unless they are allowing Apocalypse to branch off into making his own line to make the world a better one.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:38 am

Apocalypse is gonna be off the rails bonkers amazing, I'm sure. I can already envision the pearly metallic blue paint job.

Just a shame that, as another big character's debut is approaching, DST is no doubt gonna remain dead set on the swivel hinge knee engineering and bring down another design a few pegs for no reason. It's not been a great joint and has held back some of their best figures from being flawless. My Titanium Man has spinning meat legs and poor stability because of it, my Silver Centurion has barely 90 degree knee range because of it... and for what? Neither character benefited from the engineering. Both times, the joint was redundant because the figure already had ankle and thigh swivels. They get set in these bad engineering directions and just keep doubling down for years and years despite people telling them to do otherwise.

I know, I know... "wait and see, maybe they won't."
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:14 am

Good point, but as long as the figure doesn't have those hips, I'll be happy.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:15 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:14 am
Good point, but as long as the figure doesn't have those hips, I'll be happy.
Yeah... yeah. I mean... yeah. Yes. Those hips marred some otherwise stellar releases. The knees are just really grinding my gears now, though. Two back to back purchases of mine were lessened because of those knees and I'm just left wondering why they're even over-engineering this stuff.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:39 am

Right now I’m telling myself I don’t need this, but if MS reveal a load of swappable machine arms, my resistance could well crumble. Providing I can sell the recent BAF for enough to cover the swap, I don’t mind the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:38 am

jimbles wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:38 am
Apocalypse is gonna be off the rails bonkers amazing, I'm sure. I can already envision the pearly metallic blue paint job.

Just a shame that, as another big character's debut is approaching, DST is no doubt gonna remain dead set on the swivel hinge knee engineering and bring down another design a few pegs for no reason. It's not been a great joint and has held back some of their best figures from being flawless. My Titanium Man has spinning meat legs and poor stability because of it, my Silver Centurion has barely 90 degree knee range because of it... and for what? Neither character benefited from the engineering. Both times, the joint was redundant because the figure already had ankle and thigh swivels. They get set in these bad engineering directions and just keep doubling down for years and years despite people telling them to do otherwise.

I know, I know... "wait and see, maybe they won't."
Pretty sure most big Selects don't have those knees. Or DCUC hips. Just look at Hulk who was released the same year as TM.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:02 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:38 am
Pretty sure most big Selects don't have those knees. Or DCUC hips. Just look at Hulk who was released the same year as TM.
It's a mix. Hulkbuster and the previously mentioned TM have the knees. Several Hulks (I think all MCU ones except nano gauntlet? I don't own Ragnarok) have the DCUC hips, same as Destroyer. And modern Thanos, Beast, Venom, and Carnage, though their bigness could be debatable. Seems like release for release, odds are the big(ger) characters have at least one of those afflictions these past few years. In the line's entire 20 year run, probably not most. But in modern times, it's definitely most.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:13 pm

I know Select-only collectors resent it, but these scalably-large characters MUST be a huge win for Diamond since Legends collectors buy them as well. Apocalypse may be the most perfect character for cross-line buyers since his size is entirely variable.

Hasbro's biggest failing for shape-changing characters like him, Sinister, Mr. Fantastic, etc is the lack of shape-changing accessories, so yea, if Diamond fills that gap I'm all in. I'm also all-in for accessory-laden versions of the other shape changers particularly if they give me the stretchy Reed Hasbro has for whatever reason abandoned even though they've done it in the now-distant past.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”