MARVEL SELECT - Silver Centurion comes out 06.09

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: DST HQ
Posts: 1796
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Thu May 06, 2021 4:49 pm

I'm seeing a release date of late June. Not sure how the current backlog at the Los Angeles ports will affect that. I look forward to getting one in hand, too, and to see everyone's shots.
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8677
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Thu May 06, 2021 5:34 pm

MSWord wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:49 pm
I'm seeing a release date of late June. Not sure how the current backlog at the Los Angeles ports will affect that. I look forward to getting one in hand, too, and to see everyone's shots.
Would love to see some of your pictures whenever you get your hands on one!
Jacguitarist
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:11 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Thu May 06, 2021 6:06 pm

MSWord wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:49 pm
I'm seeing a release date of late June. Not sure how the current backlog at the Los Angeles ports will affect that. I look forward to getting one in hand, too, and to see everyone's shots.
Thanks for the update, MSWord! Greatly appreciate it!

I'm particularly excited for that Boris Bullski head because it looked so badass and expressive!
MLNUT
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 pm

Thanks Zack!
User avatar
Black Arbor
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:01 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Sat May 08, 2021 7:03 pm

So with all the rumors about No Way Home being a multiverse movie, I hope DST can tackle the one Spidey they didn't get a crack at making!
User avatar
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7062
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:05 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Tue May 11, 2021 6:37 am

If any of you were interested, Brian put the Face Off Hulk heads up at his store.

https://onyxphoenixproductions.ecrater. ... heads?sp=1

I went with the smaller versions myself.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

User avatar
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:04 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Tue May 11, 2021 12:38 pm

Man, if I was more confident I could match the face paint to the figure I'd bite
Jacguitarist
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:11 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Tue May 11, 2021 1:31 pm

GUTS_2010 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:37 am
If any of you were interested, Brian put the Face Off Hulk heads up at his store.

https://onyxphoenixproductions.ecrater. ... heads?sp=1

I went with the smaller versions myself.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk
These look excellent! The Face-Off heads are still my favorite sculpts for Hulk, so to get them to match the excellent Select Hulk is a dream come true,

Thanks for sharing dude!
User avatar
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7062
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:05 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 pm

heinousjoe wrote:Man, if I was more confident I could match the face paint to the figure I'd bite
Let me know if you do end up getting any. My friend is doing mine for me and I'll ask him if he'll make a note of the paint match.
Jacguitarist wrote:
GUTS_2010 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:37 am
If any of you were interested, Brian put the Face Off Hulk heads up at his store.

https://onyxphoenixproductions.ecrater. ... heads?sp=1

I went with the smaller versions myself.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk
These look excellent! The Face-Off heads are still my favorite sculpts for Hulk, so to get them to match the excellent Select Hulk is a dream come true,

Thanks for sharing dude!
You're welcome, glad to pass the info along! I do love the stock head Hulk comes with, but I don't think you can really beat the Face Off Hulk heads for a Classic Savage Hulk.

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

User avatar
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5565
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Wed May 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Gotta get my hands on T-Man! Sounds like he could hit around the same times has the Iron Man wave, which would be really awesome!
User avatar
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:04 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Wed May 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:00 pm
Gotta get my hands on T-Man! Sounds like he could hit around the same times has the Iron Man wave, which would be really awesome!
Did they announce a release date?
User avatar
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader
Location: I'm with Iron Man.
Posts: 19220
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Wed May 12, 2021 7:40 pm

MSWord said Titanium Man had a release date of late June, but he also mentioned that there is a shipping backlog at the Port of LA, which could impact things.

I want to see more pictures of Titanium Man. How he does look fully assembled correctly, and how does the articulation work. Hope he’s got some poseability. Titanium Man is a hand to hand brawler.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
la6689
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1428
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:28 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Wed May 12, 2021 7:42 pm

heinousjoe wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:31 pm
Stark Resilient wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:00 pm
Gotta get my hands on T-Man! Sounds like he could hit around the same times has the Iron Man wave, which would be really awesome!
Did they announce a release date?
Diamond says June 30th.

fingers crossed his legs are fixed when he does come out. I'm a broken record about it, I know. But that's a potentially big issue to address.
User avatar
Arise Serpentor
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 993
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Thu May 13, 2021 2:59 pm

The way they're doing their Frodo is how I wish they'd do an Iceman...


Image


Maybe just add a tad light blue paint for highlights.
User avatar
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:04 am

Re: MARVEL SELECT - Falcon Cap and Winter Soldier

Thu May 13, 2021 5:13 pm

Iceman is one of those weird characters that's hard to paint correctly
I don't think the retro iceman was right, he came out more silver looking. The juggernaut wave one wasn't bad
I think the best, paint wise, was the xmen classics iceman. He had a nice frosty look.
I don't think pure translucent is the way to go

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”