Marvel Legends Deluxe MODOK

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe MODOK

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:58 pm

RoyalCollector wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:21 pm
Anybody else gonna mention it. :?
What I do?

Edit: oh wait, is it that he’s missing his control handle thingy?! Yeah, MODOK doesn’t have that in the show and I like his expressive wavy hands better anyway so I just popped it off and stuck it his back with other parts, it’s not missing or anything. So if that’s what it is :? Don’t worry about, if it’s not… seriously what I do?!
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Dr Baghead wrote:
RoyalCollector wrote:
What I do?

Edit: oh wait, is it that he’s missing his control handle thingy?! Yeah, MODOK doesn’t have that in the show and I like his expressive wavy hands better anyway so I just popped it off and stuck it his back with other parts, it’s not missing or anything. So if that’s what it is :? Don’t worry about, if it’s not… seriously what I do?!
You had pure comedic gold expect for it wasn't stop motion with music and sound. :shock:
Fright Zone
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:06 am

I love, love, love this figure. MODOK is my favourite villain and he’s just so good in hand.
I’ve always loved the TB version but this beats it hands down. It has a much better shape.
I never really realised it before but the bottom part of the BaF is way too big, he’d look better without it. And the face is too square.

I think this might be might favourite ever Legend.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:58 pm

Dr Baghead wrote:
RoyalCollector wrote:
What I do?

Robo used your MODOK idea in the latest Fwoosh weekly. Thought it was abit [email protected]#$ that he didn't credit you, but if you're cool with it.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:30 am

Wait, seriously?
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:00 am

Just got my M.O.D.O.K... what a fun, weird and lovably bizarre figure. Really big bang for your buck, I got it for only $17 out-of-pocket after an Amazon sale and a gift card but even at 45-50, it feels like a BAF with better paint and more accessories so I can't imagine feeling let down.

I'm planning a repaint to modernize it a bit to fit with my other customs but he is just SUCH a well made release and he caught my eye back when he was announced and I am SO glad I didn't ultimately pass on him. I clearly would have been missing out. The face shading is perfect, the sculpt is perfect and the potato-head shape and storage ability makes him hard to put down. Love the little Kirbyisms thrown in and the swappable faces add SO much.

I'm not really a comic figure collector barring a few small exceptions and M.O D.O.K is the PERFECT exception. He's by far the weirdest figure I own and I love it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:03 pm

RoyalCollector wrote:
Dr Baghead wrote:
RoyalCollector wrote:
What I do?

Robo used your MODOK idea in the latest Fwoosh weekly. Thought it was abit [email protected]#$ that he didn't credit you, but if you're cool with it.
MODOK has a new tv show in which he has expressive eyes and eyebrows. Both of them are trying to make the figure look like he does on that show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:15 pm

I did wonder as I watched Robo's MODOK review if he was inspired by Baghead's pics since he posted them a few days before Robo included the same simple mod in his review, but yea, the same idea could easily occur to anyone who had seen the show. Either way it should all be good, anyone who posts any customs or mods here shouldn't be surprised if other action figure fans borrow them--that's a part of the point of sharing them in a forum.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:30 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:03 pm
RoyalCollector wrote:
Dr Baghead wrote:

What I do?

MODOK has a new tv show in which he has expressive eyes and eyebrows. Both of them are trying to make the figure look like he does on that show.

It's the exact idea and process used, which was at the time on the most recent MODOK thread page, on the Fwoosh forums, then being showcased on the Fwoosh youtube channel. It's not a giant leap to say it's where the inspiration came from. I've even had a quick look through some social media's and in the multitude of MODOK related posts, none are showcasing the same modded method. I don't think it'd take much at all to say "This great idea comes from Dr Baghead on the Fwoosh!" to your tens of thousands of weekly viewers. But that would just be me, clearly.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:30 pm

Oh, ok. I have no idea who made that reference to the show first. I assumed that they both liked the show a lot. I just thought maybe you didn’t know it was from a show, but it sounds like you do know. So don’t mind me. I actually haven’t seen the show myself besides the trailer. Looked amusing but perhaps rather violent?

Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:50 pm

Nah, not violent, not even super raunchy. It’s not something I enjoy enough to sit and binge, but I’ve been enjoying it enough to watch an episode every couple of days.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Marvel Legends Deluxe MODOK

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:36 am

For what it’s worth, I don’t care Robo didn’t credit me… and yeah, I do think he used my idea since he doesn’t put eyebrows on any other characters in little plays, so weird it was MODOK after I did it.

I laughed when I saw the video and said to my wife (who designed Minotaur the Duck’s head and has NEVER been credited by the Four Horsemen once, sooooo yeah, MODOK eyebrows ain’t even a blip compared to other lack of crediting in my house) “HA! Now everyone’s gonna do my eyebrow mod and say ‘Just like Robo!’”

And that’s really all that matters, as long as more craft foam eyebrows are glued to more MODOKs the world is a better place, I can be a forgotten part of that legacy as long as everyone can look at their MODOKs and say “just like the midbudget direct to streaming series!!!”

Plus, It doesn’t help my personal brand to be “the MODOK eyebrows guy” (I draw adult comics, under a very slightly different name, the last thing I need to be associated with by thousands of people is a giant leering head voiced by Paton Oswald, that’s what you call a real “mood killer”)

RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:12 pm

You're very humble! It was a great idea that really transforms the whole look of the figure.
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:46 pm

Dr Baghead wrote:For what it’s worth, I don’t care Robo didn’t credit me… and yeah, I do think he used my idea since he doesn’t put eyebrows on any other characters in little plays, so weird it was MODOK after I did it.

I laughed when I saw the video and said to my wife (who designed Minotaur the Duck’s head and has NEVER been credited by the Four Horsemen once, sooooo yeah, MODOK eyebrows ain’t even a blip compared to other lack of crediting in my house) “HA! Now everyone’s gonna do my eyebrow mod and say ‘Just like Robo!’”

And that’s really all that matters, as long as more craft foam eyebrows are glued to more MODOKs the world is a better place, I can be a forgotten part of that legacy as long as everyone can look at their MODOKs and say “just like the midbudget direct to streaming series!!!”

Plus, It doesn’t help my personal brand to be “the MODOK eyebrows guy” (I draw adult comics, under a very slightly different name, the last thing I need to be associated with by thousands of people is a giant leering head voiced by Paton Oswald, that’s what you call a real “mood killer”)

Your adult content username better be Dr Vaghead.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:03 pm

:lol:

That’s it. Someone close the thread.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”