Bring on the Bad Guys wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Bring on the Bad Guys wave

Wed May 12, 2021 12:00 pm

Very excited for Lady D. :)

And I’m very glad I’ve held onto my Dormammu baf. I’m not inclined to pick up the new one. It just pales in comparison and I don’t really want or need two Dormammu.

tenor gif whatsapp
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 12:10 pm

Yep...whoever changed those head flame colors from the BAF, the original prototype, or even the early comic art this figure is based upon for these non-contrasting colors needs a chiding. Image
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 12:19 pm

Yes, that's the one thing I envy the BAF head for - that yellow flame colour is exactly what this version needed to make it perfect. I'm hoping that some of the red can be stripped off with acetone, or that I can paint over in yellow. Looking at the images above though, it does seem that the heads share a sculpt, albeit with the black bits stuck on top for the new version. Might be scope for some creative swapping and repainting, but I'll wait on some in hand reviews for confirmation.

Goes to show it takes all sorts though - I never had any need for the BAF Dormammu with all that fussy armour, but this version is exactly what I was hoping for, and I'm beyond excited to finally own it.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 12:40 pm

Yeah, even though the head/flame contrast isn’t as strong in the production figure vs. the initial image Hasbro shared, it’s a way better figure. Much more classic and iconic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 3:15 pm

Someone needs to get these in hand to see if swapping hair on the Arcade heads is feasible.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 3:15 pm

I was contemplating the same thing. I think I would prefer the evil grin with the classic hair.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 pm

Yeah, mad grin/short hair would be my preferred combo too - I’m sure someone will get on the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 3:42 pm

JPC wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:25 am
Someone mentioned Deathstrike’s legs being a match for AoA Kitty. I Googled and yep - that’s exactly what Hasbro intends to do, and made these shorter to match Kitty better.

Which sucks that they prioritized a one-off look for a side character over a villain’s iconic look - and likely only shot.
If it’s any consolation, this is actually Lady D’s second shot. That might slightly improve her chances at another figure, but in your defense, it could be a long wait.
MLNUT
CROM!

Wed May 12, 2021 5:20 pm

Man I hope the Dormammu head can be easily fixed or swapped with the BAF head.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 5:24 pm

DetectiveHoag wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:42 pm
JPC wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:25 am
Someone mentioned Deathstrike’s legs being a match for AoA Kitty. I Googled and yep - that’s exactly what Hasbro intends to do, and made these shorter to match Kitty better.

Which sucks that they prioritized a one-off look for a side character over a villain’s iconic look - and likely only shot.
If it’s any consolation, this is actually Lady D’s second shot. That might slightly improve her chances at another figure, but in your defense, it could be a long wait.
Obviously Toy Biz made her, but I wasn't counting a figure from 18 years ago? And one that I never even picked up because she was that ugly.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Wed May 12, 2021 6:26 pm

Aww cockie doodie poopie, I ordered a case from DS and those two are from the solids. Guess I'm waiting a bit longer!
mattmurdog
CROM!

Wed May 12, 2021 7:00 pm

Does anyone think the Red Skull body would have been great for Black Tom rather than the one they used?
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 am

The old Dormammu figure is cool, but this is an all-powerful demon in purple pajamas. You can't beat that.
WickedFrontier
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu May 13, 2021 12:54 pm

Jackpot!! The whole wave arrived at my store today. I plan on getting Dormammu, Red Skull and a third one today, but I haven't decided who that third one will be. Any suggestions?
Scarletspyder
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu May 13, 2021 12:59 pm

WickedFrontier wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:54 pm
Jackpot!! The whole wave arrived at my store today. I plan on getting Dormammu, Red Skull and a third one today, but I haven't decided who that third one will be. Any suggestions?
What store did they show up in? You’re in Spain correct?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”