Official Toys on Sale Thread

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Thu May 06, 2021 11:50 pm

Aw.

It looks like it IS targeted.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bashbash99
CROM!

Fri May 07, 2021 9:02 am

The nimrod 3-pack is on sale for $60. I know it’s been marked down lower than that in the past, but still, not a bad deal for anyone still looking for this set
maczero
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 07, 2021 11:26 am

Took advantage of the offer last night. Ordered Civil Warrior, a WWE figure and a storage cart for my figures.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 12:45 pm

Man, I'm sick of targeted ads. I never get them from Ebay, Best Buy or Target. Probably other stores I'm signed up at that I never see as well.
maczero
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 07, 2021 2:45 pm

Mr potatohead wrote:
Man, I'm sick of targeted ads. I never get them from Ebay, Best Buy or Target. Probably other stores I'm signed up at that I never see as well.
I'm curious to discover who these ads target (no pun intended). For example, I got the offer from Target. Here's my profile: I'm a red card holder. I shop there every couple of months and spend $20 to $100 a visit. Usually, I'm motivated to shop there because of a sale. I also have the app on my phone.

I wonder if retailers look at customers like me and recognize that I'm engaged enough with them to keep an eye on their promotions but I'm not loyal enough to do all my shopping with them therefore they offer promos like this to keep me coming back.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 4:22 pm

maczero wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:45 pm
Mr potatohead wrote:
I'm curious to discover who these ads target (no pun intended). For example, I got the offer from Target. Here's my profile: I'm a red card holder. I shop there every couple of months and spend $20 to $100 a visit. Usually, I'm motivated to shop there because of a sale. I also have the app on my phone.

I wonder if retailers look at customers like me and recognize that I'm engaged enough with them to keep an eye on their promotions but I'm not loyal enough to do all my shopping with them therefore they offer promos like this to keep me coming back.
On another forum I'm a member there were literally dozens of people contributing info to try to isolate Best Buy's targeting and there was absolutely no coherent reasoning whatsoever.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 4:43 pm

I have two online Target accounts. The one I use very frequently (every week or other week) didn't get the $15 off $50 offer. The other account (I've only used a couple of times) got the offer. I think offers/coupons are often sent to accounts which aren't used very often as a way to drag you back into doing business with a store. I had the same thing happen with ebay coupons. If you haven't purchased anything off ebay in a while, you're more likely to get one of those coupons.
pakledjim
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 2:49 pm

Just saw a sign at Walgreens ML are 2 for the price of one.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 2:55 pm

pakledjim wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:49 pm
Just saw a sign at Walgreens ML are 2 for the price of one.

That's the deepest sale I've ever seen from them on Legends if it's at all widespread. If you searched on Marvel Legends on their site it showed the last BOGO sale as applying to my preferred Walgreens store, but I'm not seeing this sale noted on their web site so it may be limited to specific stores or regions.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:05 pm

Too bad the only legends my local store has is a single Emma with a torn box.
Foolkiller
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:15 pm

Too bad all the local Walgreens have no legends on the shelves

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:24 pm

If it's a company-wide sale it almost feels like they're trying to get rid of Legends entirely.

But then again I thought that back in late 2019 when they had an even deeper sale on Black Series figures; they all got marked down to $7.99 at the time. But that wasn't the end of Black Series at Walgreens, so who knows what their plan is for Legends. Maybe this is a way of clearing out stock before they buy a bunch of new waves. Image
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Sun May 09, 2021 5:26 pm

Disney Store has a $20 off orders of $100 plus free shipping. As of writing this they have MODOK and the updated Marvel Select Carnage and Venom figures in stock.
Bashbash99
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:56 pm

BILLIUM wrote:
Disney Store has a $20 off orders of $100 plus free shipping. As of writing this they have MODOK and the updated Marvel Select Carnage and Venom figures in stock.
For Star Wars collectors they have Jaxxon, Shirtless Maul, Luke, and Carnor as well.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 8:48 pm

BILLIUM wrote:
Unless something wacky is going on in my end, a cart of $100 worth of Marvel or Star Wars figures won't activate the code, but random backpacks and shirts will.

Valid code, with what appears to be bullshit restrictions that invalidate it from being useful. So basically, a typical DS online coupon.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”