Need ideas for leper queen mask

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Need ideas for leper queen mask

Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:12 am

So has anyone else realized lady jaye would make for a great leper queen?

I have everything I need to pull this off but the masked head. Anyone got any ideas?
User avatar
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2290
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:37 am

Re: Need ideas for leper queen mask

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:39 am

Good call!

I didn’t even know who Leper Queen was but then googled snd saw the Clayton Crain art and you’re so right.

What about a Jocasta head with the hairpiece removed?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3144
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Re: Need ideas for leper queen mask

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:11 am

I was unfamiliar with this character as well, and did a search on her. I’d offer the suggestion of Madame Masque, if you can find one.
Or possibly a Kabuki action figure. (Not sure if it would scale properly, as I don’t own one myself)
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Need ideas for leper queen mask

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:44 am

kailryu wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:39 am
Good call!

I didn’t even know who Leper Queen was but then googled snd saw the Clayton Crain art and you’re so right.

What about a Jocasta head with the hairpiece removed?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! That's what I was looking for, something I hadn't thought of yet.
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Need ideas for leper queen mask

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:49 am

DetectiveHoag wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:11 am
I was unfamiliar with this character as well, and did a search on her. I’d offer the suggestion of Madame Masque, if you can find one.
Or possibly a Kabuki action figure. (Not sure if it would scale properly, as I don’t own one myself)
Thanks man! The Kabuki face mask is on the table as I have the one from that line that had scud and Maxx. But I had not thought of madame masque and I'm leaning towards her since I do have an extra of her and it's really the most fitting I can think of so far.
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 22636
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: Need ideas for leper queen mask

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:39 am

I bought that figure just to check out the articulation. This is a perfect call on what to do with her now.
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Need ideas for leper queen mask

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:28 am

Yeah man most of the work is already done. Unfortunately with me customs tend to take me a long time, this will probably be in the works for a yr.

Only time I have is on the weekend and I have to go to my storage and locate parts.

If only I didn't have to work...
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Need ideas for leper queen mask

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:41 pm

TFitz wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:39 am
I bought that figure just to check out the articulation. This is a perfect call on what to do with her now.
Hey if you're considering this. I just opened up my lady jaye to see what I'm in for and to my surprise with a little work sculpting and sanding lady jayes' head could potentially be used for this.

Because her hair is removable her face almost looks like a mask.

Still tinkering and weighing my options here.
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 22636
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: Need ideas for leper queen mask

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:23 pm

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:41 pm
TFitz wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:39 am
I bought that figure just to check out the articulation. This is a perfect call on what to do with her now.
Hey if you're considering this. I just opened up my lady jaye to see what I'm in for and to my surprise with a little work sculpting and sanding lady jayes' head could potentially be used for this.

Because her hair is removable her face almost looks like a mask.

Still tinkering and weighing my options here.
and she wears a hat part of the time. I'm def. doing this. Gonna mess up her skin with my dremel and paint appropriately. Should be a simple custom.

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”