*OFFICIAL 2021 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA* Check out the teasers!

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
zelu1984
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: *OFFICIAL 2021 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA* Check out the teasers!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:19 pm

I got my figure yesterday and I love it!

It was a double surprise cause I actually forgot I put Lara Croft on my list :P

She is looking fantastic so thank you very much to the elf for a awesome figure and the note! She will be joining her Tomb Raider sisters on my shelf!

TOK3N_CUSTOMS
HULK SMASH!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:31 pm

More awesome reveals. You guys are killing it this year

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

carlosdeanda
Customized

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:55 pm

Hey, I made Lara Croft!

First off, did I miss read my list? I just checked again and Tomb Raider Legends- Lara is there!

Anyway, there's something funny about this one because when I was looking for visual reference and other's take on Lara, Zelu's one popped and served as inspiration, then I found out it was for him!

And man, you're one of my Female Figure customizing heroes, your work is so clean and motivating, I'm glad you are liking her.

Well here are some of my pictures ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zelu1984

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:27 pm

carlosdeanda wrote:
Hey, I made Lara Croft!

First off, did I miss read my list? I just checked again and Tomb Raider Legends- Lara is there!

Anyway, there's something funny about this one because when I was looking for visual reference and other's take on Lara, Zelu's one popped and served as inspiration, then I found out it was for him!

And man, you're one of my Female Figure customizing heroes, your work is so clean and motivating, I'm glad you are liking her.

Awww thank you bud! :))) Yes, she was on the list, I just forgot that she was haha
newcollector
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:38 pm

That Lara Croft figure looks great. Nice job!
carlosdeanda
Customized

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:20 pm

zelu1984 wrote:
carlosdeanda wrote:
Hey, I made Lara Croft!

Awww thank you bud! :))) Yes, she was on the list, I just forgot that she was haha
Ahh right, what I miss read was the comment, lol, it was too early in the morning XD
carlosdeanda
Customized

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:23 pm

newcollector wrote:That Lara Croft figure looks great. Nice job!
Thanx! I'm honored
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:51 pm

That Lara Croft is looking awesome! Another awesome reveal!!

Speaking of reveals, got another one to share. This time from one of our new participants from this year, FaceCustoms. Unfortunately he was having issues with being able to post so I’m once again doing it on his behalf. Check out what he had to say below…

“My secret santa arrived and wow! She is awesome!

I was hoping to have another British character for my UK shelf and lionheart here will fit in perfectly.

The choice of Beetle body is perfect and really compliments the lionheart costume design.

The line work is executed really well and the colours really pop with the red, white and blue motif.

I love how her sword of might can attach to a peg hole on her back and looks awesome when posed.

All in all really well thought out custom and a great suprise 

Thank you!”

I’ve got a few more teasers to post tonight so be on the lookout for that!
SecretIdentity24/7
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:28 am

Wow, I haven't posted on TheFwoosh in *so* long - nothing like the Secret Santa to bring me back! Thanks to Matchu and the whole gang for putting this together, and to the folks who participated!

I just got my figure in the mail, and am so excited to have another Krakoan on the shelf - Rictor!

I'm so excited to finally have the entire Excalibur team represented in my display!

Happy Secret Santa season to all!
newcollector
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:00 pm

Both of those latest reveals looks amazing. Great jobs on Lionheart and Rictor.
Faceless
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:27 pm

So many reveals! the level keeps getting higher and higher!

I highlight that Lady Ock, very nicely executed, the old man with beard, I don't know him but is very impressive. That Madame Web brings me memories of the cartoon... the lighted chair is awesome!

I reveal myself as the creator of Spacehawk ;) . The list was familiar.. as it was the last I got from the Summer Swap :) . Instantaneously I saw Spacehawk as my choice, such a cool character I never heard about! I think it is my favourite character I've done for a custom swap, and I have done quite a few! mysterious, different, stylish. Anyway, I researched to see how I could make him more special, and so made him with two heads, and two weapons, the one that he usually uses and a special one, which apparently he uses against larger monsters.

I am very glad you liked him and arrived on time ;) . Now I will have to make another one, this time for myself :P.

P.S: I didn't see that image! so apparently, he also used red gloves :P .

Here are my pictures;

ImageImageImage

Plus, I got in the mail about a week ago my custom! luckily it escaped the vicious hands of the customs tax office :P . Mind blowing! he is Raza the Chained, from Hearthstone (Warcraft Universe). There must be a thousands ways of tackling him, but the one chosen by the customizer is simply amazing! he is full of clear, translucent poseable chains! I love translucid things, and these are wonderful. They seem 3d printed? amazing as how they are clear, yet perfectly entwined and poseable, and solid as well. The base figure also puzzles me, did you use Skelegod? Show yourself, oh great elf!

ImageImageImageImage
ottocon
I wish I had super powers

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:21 pm

I have been waiting since around 1996 for this social worker action figure to hang out with my reality jumping, purple pajamaed, giant footed, homeless Br'er Lappin, THE MAXX! Though, my original McFarland figure is somewhere in a box in my basement... Good thing this figure came with a diorama including one of the more "cartoony" looking versions of The Maxx from the book. It even lights up!

This figure is a thing of beauty. From the insanely detailed and delicate sculpt, to the crazy detailed paint (look at those eyes and "pants" ), the engineering on those denim garter straps were a real surprise. They are attached to the thighs and run up under the belt unattached at the top and move freely. Such a great idea! I really can't say enough about this figure.

Sorry it took a minute to post since I got the figure, but I wanted to do it right.

Elf! Where you at!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:56 pm

Man, I've been busy and missed so many reveals.

Solid Snake is very... solid. :lol: By that I mean I only know the character by seeing him online, and I instantly knew who it was, so well done!

Same for the Legends style Mulan. I figured that who it was meant to be right away. Love it!

Never heard of, or have seen Red Shadows, so all I can say is it is a cool looking figure.

Head Lopper is another character I've never seen or heard of, but he looks excellent! Very bad-ass.

Earthworm Jim looks like he walked right out of a comic page. Factory well done. Love the paint work in his large eye.

Skurge!! Why hasn't Hasbro made this guy yet??? Done perfectly! Kudos!

Zombie Mysterio is gross. And I mean that in the best possible way! Super-cool!

Add Spacehawk to the list of characters I don't know at all. Glad RicNotHere not a character he was really wanting.

Lara Croft looks perfect! Good job making her assets noticeable, without making them ridiculous.

The line work and paint apps on Captain Britain (is that the right name) is stunning. I wish my eyes were good enough to do that kind of work.

Richtor looks amazing. Love the paint apps on him as well. Extremely well done.

Julie Winters... :o :o :o :o Yeah, no offense to anyone, but this is the big winner so far. Holy. Crap! She looks perfect, and the huge Maxx to go with her. Just... WOW!!

So much cool stuff!! Everyone needs to take a bow!
zelu1984

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 pm

ottocon wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:21 pm
I have been waiting since around 1996 for this social worker action figure to hang out with my reality jumping, purple pajamaed, giant footed, homeless Br'er Lappin, THE MAXX! Though, my original McFarland figure is somewhere in a box in my basement... Good thing this figure came with a diorama including one of the more "cartoony" looking versions of The Maxx from the book. It even lights up!

This figure is a thing of beauty. From the insanely detailed and delicate sculpt, to the crazy detailed paint (look at those eyes and "pants" ), the engineering on those denim garter straps were a real surprise. They are attached to the thighs and run up under the belt unattached at the top and move freely. Such a great idea! I really can't say enough about this figure.

Sorry it took a minute to post since I got the figure, but I wanted to do it right.

Elf! Where you at!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julie and the Maxx are my creation and I'm glad you like it :D

Originally I only made Julie but I felt like there was something missing so I sculpted Maxx in zBrush and got him printed in parts. Sadly it was the 1st time I was doing a hallow print and the uncured resin inside melted all the parts and I almost gave up on it... Instead of making full-size Maxx to go with her I decided to try to make some sort of diorama.

The back parts were completely messed up so I glued him into the wall and I had to find a way to hide all issues so I made the clouds and came up with a story... Before they went together to the "Savage Lands" Maxx came to Julie in her dream to give her the spear so they can go there together lol

Here are some more shots

Opticon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:44 am

Awesome work everyone, so many great reveals. I'm going to follow up the beautiful lady with a figure that will probably haunt my dreams for the foreseeable future...

It's the devil with the yellow eyes (Shadow King) from the Legion tv series! This is amazing, the head sculpt is phenomenal and the tattered coat is so well-done. Not to mention the paint is incredibly smooth...and the eyes. The eyes won't stop staring at me...Image
I love this monster of a figure!

I know who this is from by the name on the package but come forth elf and claim your haunting creation! This is not one I ever expected someone to make so thanks so much! ImageImage

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”