The "UNOFFICIAL" SUMMER SWAP 2021!! First teasers on page 3!!

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

The "UNOFFICIAL" SUMMER SWAP 2021!! First teasers on page 3!!

Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:53 am

Welcome to the 2021 Fwoosh "Unofficial" Summer Swap!

Summer Swap is an event where customizers make and send gifts to other customizers, and receive customs gifts in return. Simple concept, loads of fun. Some rules have changed this year so pretty please with sugar on top be sure to read through everything!

Deadlines
*Sign-ups close on 2/26/2021. Please sign up by commenting in this thread and (optional) include your instagram user name (if you have one)
*Wishlists are due to me (Squall_Draven) on 2/28 11:59 PM. I will do my damnedest to get them out shortly after. The faster you get me a list, the faster you get one back!!
*Checkpoint Will be April15th 2021 (check in with me to show progress, pics required for first timers)
*Deadline for completion of custom gift is June 1st 2021
*Deadline for shipping is June 8th 2021
*Missed deadlines WILL result in removal from the event and all future events. Secret Santa starts in August, we don't need to complicate things for Ethan and besides just don't be that person!!

Event Rules & Guidelines
*Do not show images/teases of your Summer Swap project to anyone other than me. If we have a large turnout I may assign Helper groups and in that case you will be allowed to share with them.
*Do not discuss your wishlist or custom project with anyone other than me. Once again If we have a large turnout I may assign Helper groups and in that case you will be allowed to share with them.
*Personal attacks, hate, and list Bashing will not be tolerated. Acceptable: Oh man this list is difficult! Unacceptable: This list sucks! Why in the hell would anyone want that!!
*Event is open to all skill levels but you are expected to put the work in no matter what level you are at. Don’t make something that you can’t call your best work.
*Shipping can often be international, so do not participate if you can’t ship internationally. We had 6 countries involved last year. Please list your custom as a "gift" and cost being around $5 U.S.D. This helps others with customs and import costs.
*Official scale/style of the event is 6” current Hasbro Marvel Legends, any other base not specified by your recipient will be rejected by me and If I am seeing your custom for the first time in April you are going to have some major catching up to do. Seriously nobody wants a WWE basic figure......other than me......

Wishlist Rules
*Minimum of 5 characters (no maximum)
*Minimum of 4 comic book characters (Basic character designs are less intimidating for some)
*Minimum of 1 male and 1 female character
*Minimum of 2 human/humanoid characters
*Lists can not contain only realistic characters (no one wants to make something off of a list that only contains film actor likenesses for example)
*Organizer reserves the right to ask for list revisions if not appropriate for the event
*Specific styles/parts/costumes may be requested but keep in mind that requests are not guarantees

Guidelines for Reveals
*All recipients must post a photo of the gift they receive in this thread upon receipt
*Customizer elves may then step forward and say “Hey, I made that!” (Claim their work)
*This thread is not for critiques, appreciation posts only in regards to the reveals
*Please post on Instagram after reveals have been done on the fwoosh and use the hashtag #thefwooshsummerswap2021 and remember to tag your recipient/ creator if they have an account

Most Importantly...

Have some fun and go figure!!

2021 participants
Carlos de Anda
Tok3n Customs
The Gonard
RicNotHere
GrandmasterPopo
BigFudge726
Faceless
Customverse_Man
TinRocketCustoms
Grinman
SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights

Re: The "UNOFFICIAL" SUMMER SWAP 2021!!

Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:05 am

Hey Hey Hey!!! It is that time of year again! Once again I will regrettably not be participating again this year (backed up on commissions and you gotta make those cathartic figures for yourself). Everything went off pretty much without a problem last year. Once again I am very passionate about everyone finishing on time and hitting deadlines. Life changing events, acceptable. No excuse, not acceptable. I am a pretty good dude and I must stress and hold accountability! Do right by your fellow customizers. We will have some new blood this year so hopefully we can mix it up a bit. Please hit me up with any questions (Honestly easier to contact me on instagram @squall_dravenz seriously my ancient phone no like the fwoosh website). Thank you all!! If you have any financial issues getting base figures/parts or with shipping please don't hesitate to reach out to me. That shouldn't deter you and I have the means to help out. Cool?? Can't wait to see the turnout. I hope we hit 20 participants this year. I heard through the grapevine (fwoosh private messaging system) that we may have someone coming out of retirement............
carlosdeanda
Super Poseable

Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:58 am

You know I'm in!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

TOK3N_CUSTOMS
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:17 pm

Count me in

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

carlosdeanda
Super Poseable

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:55 am

SquallDraven wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:05 am
Hey Hey Hey!!! It is that time of year again! Once again I will regrettably not be participating again this year (backed up on commissions and you gotta make those cathartic figures for yourself). Everything went off pretty much without a problem last year. Once again I am very passionate about everyone finishing on time and hitting deadlines. Life changing events, acceptable. No excuse, not acceptable. I am a pretty good dude and I must stress and hold accountability! Do right by your fellow customizers. We will have some new blood this year so hopefully we can mix it up a bit. Please hit me up with any questions (Honestly easier to contact me on instagram @squall_dravenz seriously my ancient phone no like the fwoosh website). Thank you all!! If you have any financial issues getting base figures/parts or with shipping please don't hesitate to reach out to me. That shouldn't deter you and I have the means to help out. Cool?? Can't wait to see the turnout. I hope we hit 20 participants this year. I heard through the grapevine (fwoosh private messaging system) that we may have someone coming out of retirement............
damn, it´s bad to read you aren´t participating :(
RicNotHere
Here comes a new challenger!

Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:27 am

I would like to participate 🙋‍♂️
@ricsactionfigurechopshop
TheGonard
I wish I had super powers

Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:02 pm

Im in! my IG is: Gonard_custom
SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights

Re: The

Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:13 pm

carlosdeanda wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:58 am
You know I'm in!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk
:twisted: Marca diablo is in the house!! Glad to have you back again good sir!!
SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights

Re: The

Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:15 pm

TOK3N_CUSTOMS wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:17 pm
Count me in

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That's what I'm talking about right there!! Super stoked to have you back again my friend!!
SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:17 pm

TheGonard wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:02 pm
Im in! my IG is: Gonard_custom
The Gonard cometh..... :lol:

Thanks for throwing your name in the hat!! We should have a couple newcomers, I don't think their posts are showing yet!!
SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:20 pm

carlosdeanda wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:55 am

damn, it´s bad to read you aren´t participating :(
Regrettably yes but I appreciate you!!
SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:46 pm

RicNotHere wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:27 am
I would like to participate 🙋‍♂️
@ricsactionfigurechopshop
Great to have you here!! Come on in, the water is fine!!! :D
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:12 am

I have to pass this year, sorry guys. But I'll keep an eye out on the reveals for sure.
GrandmasterPopo
Super Poseable

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:36 pm

Count me in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigFudge726
Here comes a new challenger!

Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:29 am