The "UNOFFICIAL" SUMMER SWAP 2021!! First Reveals on page 4!!!

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: The "UNOFFICIAL" SUMMER SWAP 2021!! First Reveals on page 4!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:21 pm

I had never heard of the character but I knew this was a spot on custom when I saw it. Excellent work on everything here. I like the dark feel of the figure. Even he red isn’t too bold. Excellent work.
SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:18 am

Posting for Tin Rocket Customs due to tech issues

I opened up my FWOOSH package to find Solomon Grundy!!!! Great work elf. Please come forward and claim your work!

Faceless
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:46 am

Glad you liked him, RicNothere ;) . And it arrived quite quickly! doubted about him or another character, but I could do Black Bat without having to get any extra piece, that in pandemic times always can wrong and lead to delays. It seemed interesting and not likely to be released officially, so that made him my choice :) .

I thought about doing the vintage one, but then it would have needed a regular more like skinny body, which I didnt have and would have made him not very interesting.

As it was a simple character, I made him a extra head, as he seemed to be shouting in many images I found :) . Couldn't find an unmasked pic for the life of me, so not unsure if he ever takes off his mask!

GrandmasterPopo
Super Poseable

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:17 pm

SO SICK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grinman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:53 pm

Solomon Grundy was mine. I wish I could've done more/better, but time was not on my side. Hope you like it!Image

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

RicNotHere
Here comes a new challenger!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:14 am

Faceless wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:46 am
Glad you liked him, RicNothere ;) . And it arrived quite quickly! doubted about him or another character, but I could do Black Bat without having to get any extra piece, that in pandemic times always can wrong and lead to delays. It seemed interesting and not likely to be released officially, so that made him my choice :) .

I thought about doing the vintage one, but then it would have needed a regular more like skinny body, which I didnt have and would have made him not very interesting.

As it was a simple character, I made him a extra head, as he seemed to be shouting in many images I found :) . Couldn't find an unmasked pic for the life of me, so not unsure if he ever takes off his mask!

You did great with the character. It looks awesome. I too feel it is a figure that would never get made. Some of my other choices already have figures or, if Hasbro comes out with a second villains wave, might have a figure soon so that was a great pic. Thank you!
carlosdeanda
Customized

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:27 pm

loving all and every reveal this year, I guess I´ll be the last one :(
SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:10 am

carlosdeanda wrote:
There are still 5 reveals left. All figures traveling internationally.
carlosdeanda
Customized

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:11 am

SquallDraven wrote:
carlosdeanda wrote:
There are still 5 reveals left. All figures traveling internationally.
Wheew, hope they arrive well and soon

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Faceless
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:54 pm

Cannot wait for mine! intercontinental shipping is a bit slow. I sent another figure unrelated to this by Fedex, with a promised 2-day delivery, and it's been about two weeks and still nothing!
Customverse-Man
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:39 pm

Time for another reveal!!

Somedays ago (sorry, I was very busy and couldn't find time to properly take pics of him!) I received this dark little gem;

ImageImageImage

Hescamar! for those not knowledgeable with deep Asgardian lore, he is an enemy of Thor. A cool one and with a very special design, nicely executed! the thing I love the most is the cloak (real leather?), it is wired and simply looks fantastic, anyway you pose it. Best wired cloak I've ever had in hand! He is very large and imposing, and the expression of his face is spot on. And he is wonderfully poseable as well. Truly unique. Had to reglue his outer antennas as this kind of things are very hard they arrive intact, but was a one minute job. I love the metal usage there!
RicNotHere
Here comes a new challenger!

Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:44 am

Marnot (Hescamer) was the custom I worked on. Glad to see you received it. It took about a month to get there. I was beginning to think it had gotten lost.
I honestly had never heard of this character and only found a handful of pages across 3 or 4 comic book issues but as I was looking over the list Marnot's design just caught my eye. It was challenging and took me out of my comfort zone but it was a great challenge. I'm really glad you like it. A lot of the features I had to sculpt, paint, or make multiple times to get it to look OK. The cape was one of those. I ended up making 3 fake leather capes. The simpler design won but I did try more complicated looks that didn't work out in the end. Thanks for introducing me to this character. I loved making this custom and I'm glad he ended up in a good home.
Here are some WIP pics. The WIP cape was not the one that made it on the figure.

Marnot Custom

And here is what Marnot looks like in the comic books

carlosdeanda
Customized

Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:26 pm

Just got mine!

I totally knew what it was since I saw the preview images (or at least I hoped so) and I'm loving it!

Just some minor flaws but the figure looks so cool, I'm intrigued on what the base figure is because it looks like nothing I'm familiar with.

I kinda know who the maker is but please step forward!ImageImageImageImage

SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:01 pm

Hey look at that. You weren’t last. Great work everyone! Props to everyone and great work to the rooks as well!! Just 2 reveals left and those should be coming any day soon. There should be no reason why all reveals aren’t done by the time Secret Santa lists are due. Obviously a great reason to finish early and you all did great. Thank you all and keep an eye out for those last 2 reveals.
GrandmasterPopo
Super Poseable

Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:19 pm

carlosdeanda wrote:Just got mine!

I totally knew what it was since I saw the preview images (or at least I hoped so) and I'm loving it!

Just some minor flaws but the figure looks so cool, I'm intrigued on what the base figure is because it looks like nothing I'm familiar with.

I kinda know who the maker is but please step forward!ImageImageImageImage

YES SO GLAD HE MADE IT!
Impulse was from me! Had so much fun making him! Glad you like him Carlos! The base was a figuarts frieza!Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”