Mezco / soft goods customizing tutorials / resources?

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mezco / soft goods customizing tutorials / resources?

Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:10 pm

Does anyone know of any websites, youtube vids, or forums that have tutorials for creating / altering soft goods for Mezco figures?
SuperSoldier
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Mezco / soft goods customizing tutorials / resources?

Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:42 am

It's probably just the same techniques as regular hand-sewing, but on a smaller scale. There are a variety of sewing tutorials on youtube. Start at the beginning with threading the needle and how to start and end a stitch, believe it or not there's a specific way to do it. :o For the most part seams and stitches are not meant to be seen, so clothes are sewn inside out and then inverted. Another technique to look up is the invisible seam (ladder stitch) technique when it's not possible to flip it inside out.

There are some things to think about that wouldn't normally be considered because of scale. Paper sewing patterns would normally be pinned to the cloth but little pinholes in the cloth are definitely more apparent at smaller scales. An alternative is to tape down the pattern instead.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:41 am

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a look! I'm surprised how little info there is for this out there.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:39 am

Searching on YouTube for custom clothing for Mezco One:12 figures returned these results.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... 12+figures

Looks like there are at least a few on how to make clothing.
DarkKnight
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:24 am

What’s the best way to remove the belts (specifically the supreme knight Batman) thinking of doing a swap but I don’t know if I want it to be permanent yet

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”