A few questions...

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: A few questions...

Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:59 am

Kailryu's right: Mezco's Heroes Niki figure had hoop earrings that I pulled off and saved to add to my Buffy Kendra figure, but they would NOT stay glued on. That whole run of figures has had serious plastic degradation issues.

I actually have a headless Willow from that same series that is super sticky and oily next to me right now because I just can't put her in the trash, even though there is no use for that oily, nasty body. I don't think I've EVER thrown away a figure!
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:00 pm

I thought this was just my figure that started to disintegrate, never realised it was a common problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Professor
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:40 pm

Thanks for the ideas on the earrings. I am currently swamped with work and ran into some larger issues on that project so it has been slow going.

Thinking ahead to my next project. How compatible are Legends and Black series figures. There seems to be a major size issue for one of my projects (Magneto's unmasked head on an Imperial Officer body) the thing is massively large for the body. My hope is this is that instance and not a major scale issue.

I was hoping to use the Netflix Elektra body with arms from a Black series Rey. I have yet to source those pieces and decided to ask prior to sourcing them in case there are issues again.
Professor
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:04 am

I was wondering if someone would mind giving me some details on adding magnets to my Spider-man figures. I swear there was a tutorial on FigureRealm but I cannot locate anything. I imagine you get magnets and glue them into the peg holes and it is that simple. I do not know details though. What magnets, glue, etc. work the best.

Thanks again for any input you may have!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:25 am

Professor wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:40 pm
Thanks for the ideas on the earrings. I am currently swamped with work and ran into some larger issues on that project so it has been slow going.

Thinking ahead to my next project. How compatible are Legends and Black series figures. There seems to be a major size issue for one of my projects (Magneto's unmasked head on an Imperial Officer body) the thing is massively large for the body. My hope is this is that instance and not a major scale issue.

I was hoping to use the Netflix Elektra body with arms from a Black series Rey. I have yet to source those pieces and decided to ask prior to sourcing them in case there are issues again.
In general, the comic ML figures are much bigger than SWBS figures, but the MCU/Netflix MLs are a little smaller, so they might be compatible. I know the BS figures scale with the Hasbro Ghost Busters well, because I took an extra Tarkin head and threw it on an extra Ray I got when Amazon had mistakenly listed a single figure as a wave (for the price of a single figure) and I jumped on the off chance of cheap fodder.
Professor
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:27 pm

That is exciting news, thank you for the response SalemCrow. I managed to snag a Rey from eBay for $1.00. It is the Starkiller base one and I was mainly scoring this one for the base pieces but figured sourcing this arms at the same time would work. Now to score a Netflix Elektra, granted the price on this has increased significantly since I last looked. I might be able to use Claire Temple as a base instead.
Professor
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:02 pm

Can arms from the Marvel Legends teen girl body be removed by just boiling and popping? Or do you need to crack the torso?
Professor
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 11, 2021 1:01 am

I am hoping to solicit some ideas as I embark on yet another new custom project. I have so many pans in the fire...

I am hoping to make Gamora in her recent comic look (I will try to include an image below). I have got some good pieces in mind but am coming up short on the upper torso. Any suggestions compatible with current Legends would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions for her head would be appreciated as well. That I don't imagine will be as hard as something close to that armor on her torso.
Fly4v
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue May 11, 2021 5:55 am

Arms on the female teen torsos have been boil and pop up to this point.

First thing that came to mind was the recent Omega Sentinel but you will need white arms and the shoulder sockets maybe kind of wide from those robot arms.

Second is the Endgame Valkyrie.

As a last ditch, there is always Dagger for a white upper torso.

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”