McF Wonder Woman Mod Idea

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
Fly4v
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

McF Wonder Woman Mod Idea

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:48 am

I have seen the thigh cut mod on the McF Spawn and turning the MS Rogue into a MS sized Rogue.

Has anyone seen a shortened McF Wonder Woman mod?
I think removing the leg, cutting the thigh (like the Spawn mod) and then cutting down the top of now amputated leg would make the figure scale better next to Superman.

Photo-shopped the figure in the center.

She is a nice figure but needs to fit better with the rest of the line.
Yes, her legs are long but I think she is better than what some of the reviews say and some of the pictures really don't help highlight the great sculpt.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Re: McF Wonder Woman Mod Idea

Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:48 pm

I kind of did what you are talking about. What I did was popped the legs. Inside the leg you will see a smaller hole where the joint pegs in set inside a larger hole where to accommodate the leg ratchets out for the splits. So I drilled the hole for the peg deeper. Then with a larger bit, I drilled the upper hole deeper. Then I carved away at the top of the leg and the inner leg so it would piece back together better.

It did shorten her, but unfortunately she's still a hair taller than Superman as she currently stands. I need to go back and give her another go.

One thing I will note is that I kind of messed up when I trimmed the top of the legs. I recommend going slow on this part and regularly check and see how it looks. I took off a little too much and now the skirt doesn't entirely hide the cut. So you see her leg end and it isn't hidden by the skirt anymore. This problem will go away once I shorten her some more, I just haven't gone back and fixed her yet.
Fly4v
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:50 pm

Maverick, Thanks for the information.
Sounds like the top down mod would be good with a table top sander and then use of a polishing wheel.
When you go back for the leg adjustments her can we see some photos?

I have yet to cut up my figure.
Been waiting to see what the Mohawk Wonder Woman's upper legs look like.
I am hoping they are good for a pop and swap.
Fly4v
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:09 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:52 pm
The lines in the background help show the size difference.

Maverick did a great job on his mod posted in the McF thread. I hope to do the same.

Best part his is a finished physical figure not just a photo-shopped image. :twisted:
maverick10126

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:48 pm

Thanks for the post over here. I'll pop the legs off the stock and modified WW to show how I did this in more detail. I still need to sand the upper parts of the legs a bit more where it's hidden under the skirt.
Fly4v
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:37 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:48 pm
Thanks for the post over here. I'll pop the legs off the stock and modified WW to show how I did this in more detail. I still need to sand the upper parts of the legs a bit more where it's hidden under the skirt.
Just giving credit where credit is due.
Besides I love a perfect looking custom.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:15 am

Neat. I wonder how much work it'd take to give her a pair of more muscular thighs from a WWE figure.
maverick10126

Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:12 pm

I'd rather put the work into a standard comic WW at this point. I'm happy enough with her for fitting in with the upcoming SCJL figures. I really want a clear picture of Todd's WW to see if parts can be combined with the Last Knight WW for a normal WW.

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”