*OFFICIAL 2020 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA THREAD* (Sign Ups Have Ended)

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: *OFFICIAL 2020 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA THREAD* (Sign Ups Have Ended)

Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:19 pm

I'm loving all of the reveals on this page so much, literally all of them look perfect to my eyes. Bravo to the elves and recipients.

I just got mine but I want to wait with opening it until my girlfriend gets back home, so I'll post pics in a few hours. I know who it's from, though, that person has received a custom from me in the past :)
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Okay, so I got this really cool Shocker and I'm for real blown away with the details here. I considered making one myself because I never expected anyone would actually decide to make Shocker (who is one of my favorite Marvel bad guys) but if I did, I'd be too lazy to sculpt all of that netting on him.

I'm really, really, really happy with this gift.
carlosdeanda
Super Poseable

Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:59 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:Okay, so I got this really cool Shocker and I'm for real blown away with the details here. I considered making one myself because I never expected anyone would actually decide to make Shocker (who is one of my favorite Marvel bad guys) but if I did, I'd be too lazy to sculpt all of that netting on him.

I'm really, really, really happy with this gift.
Well, Shocker was me!

I gotta confess I started something totally different, I was making Moon Knight but when you revealed the one you got on the summer swap I had to rearrange what I had done.

How did I know? I can assume you are one of the few ,if not the only one, that ask for 7-inch, Marvel Select, DC Direct scale characters, lol

It was really fun to do, making the square pattern was hard, had to repeat some parts a couple of times.

So glad you liked him and you got it on time!

I love the Warblade you gave me a couple of years ago! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:46 pm

That shocker looks awesome. He’s one of my fav baddies too (I have a thing for the b squad what can I say). Great work Carlos! You did a great job with him (love the use of the effects too!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlosdeanda
Super Poseable

Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:28 am

matchu778 wrote:That shocker looks awesome. He’s one of my fav baddies too (I have a thing for the b squad what can I say). Great work Carlos! You did a great job with him (love the use of the effects too!)

Thanx so much :)

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

StrandedCustoms
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:59 am

Reveal incoming!

I received this Phoenix Five Cyclops from my Elf. The head was custom sculpted and a fine addition to a stellar use of the Armored Daredevil body. It is crazy to see how different they look when standing next to each other.

My favorite part is the back design, which is a unique interpretation from what I can tell. I really like how it seems to incorporate some of Corsair's design elements.

Come forward and claim your work! :-)

StrandedCustoms

Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:20 am

Sorry for the double post, but I also need to claim Eye Guy! I knew immediately that the list I got was Gonard's. Because of that, Eye Guy (even though I have no experience with Ben 10) was the obvious choice. You can see here a bit of my process. This dude was insane. I had a lot of fun sculpting musculature, but I also had a hell of a time getting it all to frankenstein together.

Enjoy the WIP shots and I'm glad he is off to an owner who can appreciate the character.

DuzMachines84
I wish I had super powers

Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:30 am

Ok I took forever to settle in and open up the pile of boxes I had building up while I was out of town, but I opened up my SS box and its Street Angel!

Imagel ,
DuzMachines84

Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:46 am

Well, as promised here's a break down of my SS custom, BoneBreaker;
I used a super cheap tank toy as a base. It took a ton of effort to get it to stick to the paint/primer. But after a bunch of trial and error and sanding and experimenting, I got it to work. I used a combination of parts from vintage MOTU and TMNT, and a bit of fodder parts and styrene. The body used is a Marvel Legends Nuke with a cast of the mohawk from ML punker Storm. The shades were the toughest part to figure out; I tried making them out of some paper clips and plastic and I just couldn't get them to work right. Finally, I was able to get some styrene to bend with some blow-drying. Did a little sanding and they fit perfectly! I made an alternate damaged head, I didn't find any reference for BB ever having a metal terminator skull under his head, but I thought it'd be cool as an alternate head, so don't bite my head off about it not being comic accurate haha.
Bonebreaker was super fun to make and a nice break from my regular work!
Image Image
Faceless
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:37 pm

Behold, the might of X-Terna;

I got her just before Christmas, so the timing was perfect :) . Gladly overlooked by the customs tax office as she was marked as 50$! I was blown away by the tremendous paint quality, so sleek and perfect. Her hair mane is wonderfully made, so it is completely poseable and bendable without problems, even if it is painted on! delightful to look at her, one of the most astonishing finishings I've seen. I am afraid my pictures don't do her justice, but I imagine the elf took better ones. X-Men cartoon is surely popular, there always a few on the Secret Santa :P . One of those characters I wouldn't have known how to tackle. Show yourself, elfmaster of customizing :P .

Anyway, for me, I am ready for the Summer Swap :O .

Is there much people left waiting for theirs now?
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:23 am

Wow that looks really clean! That’s a great gift! Congrats!
I am still waiting for mine. Hopefully it arrives sooner than later.

TheGonard

Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:14 pm

I made the Jesse Sanchez Street Angel figure!
The base was made using a mix of black series Jyn and ANH Leia.
I have a full tutorial breakdown of it on my IG: Gonard_custom
TOK3N_CUSTOMS

Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:21 pm

Faceless wrote:Behold, the might of X-Terna;

I got her just before Christmas, so the timing was perfect :) . Gladly overlooked by the customs tax office as she was marked as 50$! I was blown away by the tremendous paint quality, so sleek and perfect. Her hair mane is wonderfully made, so it is completely poseable and bendable without problems, even if it is painted on! delightful to look at her, one of the most astonishing finishings I've seen. I am afraid my pictures don't do her justice, but I imagine the elf took better ones. X-Men cartoon is surely popular, there always a few on the Secret Santa Image . One of those characters I wouldn't have known how to tackle. Show yourself, elfmaster of customizing Image .

Anyway, for me, I am ready for the Summer Swap :O .

Is there much people left waiting for theirs now?
X-Terna was done by me
Glad you like her dude ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

battlemonkey
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:50 pm

the quality of work (as always) is so high, i may just bow out in the coming years. Great work as always everyone. great to see this hobby reaching such a level or craftsmanship.
battlemonkey
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:16 am

When im making a custom for Secret Santa, i completely forget that i'll get an amazing one of a kind custom in return...
enter:
Etrigan the Demon!

note the amazing posable cape

Group photo, 5 years in:

always re-energized for next year. Hope my SS enjoys my figure as much as i do this ETRIGAN!

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”