*OFFICIAL 2020 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA THREAD* (Sign Ups Have Ended)

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
masterpiece
I wish I had super powers
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: *OFFICIAL 2020 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA THREAD* (Sign Ups Have Ended)

Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:33 am

sorry it took me a bit to post this awesome custom up. i got her early last month. its Marrow and she has a bunch of accessories. thanx to the creator for all the effort he put into this custom.

TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:17 pm

So Cyber Six was from me. I know I took more pictures of her hair and closeup of her face, but damn it I can find them. She's got the weird tuft of hair on the back of her head (like many anime characters have) and hair over her 1 eye at certain angles.

Since I don't do Manga, I literally only knew 1 character from my recipients list. Not a complaint, just didn't know them. I was piecing out Stain from My Hero Academia but then a couple weeks after this started, McFarlane put one out.
Cybersix.png
Cybersix.png (90.96 KiB) Viewed 10914 times
cyber six.jpg
cyber six.jpg (87 KiB) Viewed 10914 times
carlosdeanda
Super Poseable

Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:07 pm

loving almost all the reveals!

we are on the half of the reveals, aren´t we?

its´s 10 days before Christmas, hope everyone gets their presents by then
carlosdeanda
Super Poseable

Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:29 pm

And this just came in!

I'm totally in love with this Kaitlyn Fairchild! i think I spotted her in the previews and hoped it was for me!

The painting is so awesome, so smooth, the face is pretty cool, I think it may be sculpted from scratch?

I even made an unboxing video that I'll be uploading as soon as I know who's the maker!

Please elf, show yourself so I can thank you!

ImageImageImage

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Discogod
prefers hot chicks to Fwooshers

Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:39 pm

Fairchild was mine! So glad she got there safely and that you like her! I was gonna get some more pics, but yours are so much better than mine that I probably won't bother... It's a pretty simple recipe - Scream torso & arms, Thundra legs (to get the exaggerated J. Scott Campbell look) with a cast of a McFarlane Danger Girl head. I converted the hips to true balljoints 'cause Thundra's hips are shite and added a double barbell joint for the neck.

I'm not gonna lie, I had a really tough time making this figure - in fact, I chose what I thought would be the easiest figure to make. I've been dealing with a prolapsed disc in my back for the last year which has been causing nerve damage down my arms, and combined with my exisiting disability meant that I was having to work one-handed for much of this - although I still think she turned out ok!
carlosdeanda
Super Poseable

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Discogod wrote:Fairchild was mine! So glad she got there safely and that you like her! I was gonna get some more pics, but yours are so much better than mine that I probably won't bother... It's a pretty simple recipe - Scream torso & arms, Thundra legs (to get the exaggerated J. Scott Campbell look) with a cast of a McFarlane Danger Girl head. I converted the hips to true balljoints 'cause Thundra's hips are shite and added a double barbell joint for the neck.

I'm not gonna lie, I had a really tough time making this figure - in fact, I chose what I thought would be the easiest figure to make. I've been dealing with a prolapsed disc in my back for the last year which has been causing nerve damage down my arms, and combined with my exisiting disability meant that I was having to work one-handed for much of this - although I still think she turned out ok!
I think you totally nailed it, and now that I know the health trouble you are having, I appreciate the present even more.

Would love to see some WIP pics if you have them and I'm sending you a PM regarding your social media links so I can give you credit!

Again, thanx so much, I envy no one!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Grasshopperis
Avengers Assemble

Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:31 pm

Marrow was mine! I was really happy with how she turned out and super glad to find her on my list! Definitely the kind of weird mutant lady that I love to make!

carlosdeanda
Super Poseable

Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:25 pm

sorry if it feels like Spam but I made a video unboxing fo the Fairchild figure, hope you guys like it (sorry for my bad english in advance!(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbY6By5 ... DiabloToys
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:21 am

Wow I’ve missed a lot.
Some really great reveals. That he man is pretty dope looking. Some nice sculpt in that armor.

Karai I’m not familiar with but looks pretty dope.

Diggin on that toad as well. Nicely executed.

That marrow is just perfect. No surprise it came from pymparticles.

And fairchild turned out wonderfully. Great head choice!

Can’t wait for more and mine whenever it arrives. Stay safe everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDCdiesel
Dremel Samurai

Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:37 am

carlosdeanda wrote:
sorry if it feels like Spam but I made a video unboxing fo the Fairchild figure, hope you guys like it (sorry for my bad english in advance!(

Good video! No worries, your English isn't that bad. Awesome Fairchild, you were lucky to receive her, she's in my top 3 favs for this year!
carlosdeanda
Super Poseable

Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:16 pm

BDCdiesel wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:37 am
carlosdeanda wrote:

Good video! No worries, your English isn't that bad. Awesome Fairchild, you were lucky to receive her, she's in my top 3 favs for this year!

thanx so much, I kinda know how to read and write in English but my pronunciation is not as good :D

and yeah, I think I hit the jackpot with this one ;D
Faceless
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:18 pm

Great reveals ;) . That Marrow is close to perfection, and that Fairchild is very professionally looking, you did another great job, discogod, and more considering the difficulties you had to endure.

Here hoping mine will arrive by christmas!!
TheGonard
I wish I had super powers

Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:28 pm

I got my Secret Santa in!!!
Special shout out to my Santa, he freaking killed this Ben 10 custom of his alien Eye Guy!
My Santa full on sculpted everything and gave Eye Guy a magnetic chest eye which can be replaces with a tendril eye.
In the last pic, I have included my new custom with the other aliens (and Ben) that I have made so far.
Thank you again to my Santa! This figure really reignited my customizing flame and I hope create more figures myself.
Also if you're interested in seeing more pics of my other aliens, my customs IG is: Gonard_custom
Faceless
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:46 pm

That is indeed a very unique custom :) . Love to see appreciation for Ben 10! one of the best customs I've seen so far, considering the difficulty and how well it has been pulled off.
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:42 pm

I don’t know anything about ben10 but there’s some serious love put into that figure. Great build, great sculpt super smooth paint apps. Looks really dope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”