Mixing ML and Star Wars Black parts?

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
deylinarr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mixing ML and Star Wars Black parts?

Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:56 pm

First, I have very little customizing skill but I’m trying, so be gentle …..

I have the SW Poe Dameron jacket and arms and would like to use them on a ML body to make a civilian. I’ve cracked a few Legends but never a SW fig, are the arms compatible without modification?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
pulpy fiction
Runs Around in Tights

Re: Mixing ML and Star Wars Black parts?

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:12 pm

Okay, so most star wars black series are a heat and pop situation to get those arms out, and a lot of marvel legends have to have their torso's cracked to get to the arms. If they have a butterfly joint you may be able to heat and pop to fit the black series arms in. If they are a bit small to fit, I've used hot glue to tighten and secure them ( i used vasolene on the pegs to make sure they didn't stick to the glue as well). If you don't have a butterfly joint situation on the marvel legend, it might not sit and stay in the socket because they will be too small. You might have to fasten something to the end of the peg, so it sits in the well and doesn't fall out of the socket.
Here's an example below:
The orange ones on the left are more like the star wars ones, the are just a pop in peg. The blue ones on the right are what the non butterfly M.L. joints are like. You will see a "plug" that holds it in place in the joint instead of the S.W. black peg that uses friction. Like I was saying, you may need to make something to serve as these "plugs" for your black series arm pegs.
I hope this made sense, and is some help to you.
deylinarr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Mixing ML and Star Wars Black parts?

Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:03 am

Great stuff, thanks!

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”