*OFFICIAL 2021 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA* Check out the teasers!

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
ethansuplee
Santa's Little Helper
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:49 am

Hey folks!

We are oh so verrrrrry close to wrapping up the 2021 Secret Santa event (no pun intended), but while we await these final reveals please head on over to the Summer Swap sign ups!

Something exciting and different to mention is that SquallDraven, matchu778, and yours truly are all now pitching in on both the summer and winter swap events. Even more exciting is that we are moving the events over to Instagram starting with Summer Swap 2022. Most exciting of all is that the event will now be known as the Legendary Secret Summer Swap in the summer, and the Legendary Secret Santa Swap in the winter!

We hope that so many of you will sign up, there’s no reason the Summer Swap can’t be just as big of an event as Secret Santa!

Please go and follow our new Instagram page here:

https://instagram.com/legendarysecretsw ... =copy_link

You can also see the official Summer Swap Fwoosh post here, which will lead you back to the Instagram page:

2022 Legendary secret summer swap
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Toodles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Customverse-Man
Faster than a speeding bullet

Re: *OFFICIAL 2021 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA* Check out the teasers!

Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:10 am

Sorry for the lateness posting!! was rather busy.

I got late my custom, but gosh what custom! wait was totally worth it!

I got this huge figure;

ImageImage

He is Hyalt from DC, for those not omnisciently knowledgeable in the DC Universe :) . Wonderfully obscure as I like them :P , he is the forger of the New Gods. The customizer did an awesome job, using a sort of BAF figure which is huge, depicting awesomely his modern version, and more amazing than anything else, making an authentic fire light on his chest! the light reaches until his head too :P . Even more awesome, it has a flickering effect like a candle, like if his fire was burning! I can only take my hat off to such customizing prowess. Even more considering the circumstances of the elf, and I wish you all the best ;) .

Hope with this reveal soon the event can be happily wrapped up :) .
grinman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:29 am

hey, wow.. finally arrived after 2 months in transit. I'm glad it made it safely and not completely destroyed. I was worried.

I hope you're enjoying Hyalt! your list was... obscure! i immediately gravitated to Hyalt because of the idea to include an led (my first time working with them). apparently there were a few of us using them this year!

The base body is all Thanos with a Dormammu head. the most difficult part was figuring out the battery housing. and for those that can't tell, there's a button on the underside of the backpack that activates the flickering LEDs. they draw a bit more voltage, hence the bigger battery, but I couldn't go without them! there's one in the torso and one up in the neck (oh, I used a ghostrider neck because it was clear, orange, and a ball peg. then it was just lots of sculpt and glueing parts.

Thanks for your patience and I really hope it was worth it.

Merry Valentmas!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Customverse-Man

Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:13 pm

Glorious :) . Many thanks again. His light flickering effect is hypnotizing 8) , can't stop staring at him!. Oh and great to include a spare battery, Hasbro, you can learn about this!
grinman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:04 am

Got my figure! wowee!! this Captain Marvel is a real beaut!! thanks so much, Elf!! ImageImageImageImage

TOK3N_CUSTOMS
HULK SMASH!

Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:14 pm

grinman wrote:Got my figure! wowee!! this Captain Marvel is a real beaut!! thanks so much, Elf!! ImageImageImageImage

Captain Marvel was done by me, glad you like her dude Image
Here are a few WIP shots and an inhand image ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:07 am

Captain marvel looks great dude. You did a great job on her. Huge thanks to token (and all of the others who offered) for stepping in and taking on Grinman’s list after we had to remove a participant back in December.
VADtoys
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:17 am

That paint job is so clean!
TOK3N_CUSTOMS
HULK SMASH!

Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:29 pm

Well look what came in the mail today. Zorro wasn't on my original list but I have to say I love this figure. The sculpt work here is top notch. Elf come forward and claim your workImageImage

matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:04 am

That looks great Token! I thought it looked pretty bad ass when I initially saw it.

As an update, we’re down to the last 2 reveals. Hopefully the last person to finish is just about wrapped up and can get it on the road so the final finished particpant can send his out!

Sorry to all those who have been patiently waiting.

As a side note, Legendary Summer Swap signups closed last night and we have a record number participating in the event. I believe we finished up with 22 or 23 participants which is so awesome!

For those of you who care to follow along with that swap, we’ve moved it off of the Fwoosh and onto Instagram. Simply follow @legendarysecretswap and the hashtag #ls3customs2022 to keep up with all the action over there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheGonard

Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:45 pm

TOK3N_CUSTOMS wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:29 pm
Well look what came in the mail today. Zorro wasn't on my original list but I have to say I love this figure. The sculpt work here is top notch. Elf come forward and claim your workImageImage

That was me! sorry for the heckin late claim haha
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 05, 2022 11:16 pm

Woo, finally going to be wrapping up 2021’s Secret Santa over the next week.

Today I received a message from one of our special guests, Trevor Zammit from Neca and I think he was blown away by what he received. Here is what he had to say…

“Haramesh! What!?! You've got to be kidding. My jaw hit the floor when I opened the box. A couple years ago I just threw Haramesh onto my list as a joke. Never in a million years did I think someone would be crazy enough to make it. But I always loved this design from the MOTU mini comics. He's such a cool, weird, creepy looking demon guy.

The sculpt is insane! I'm still kind of in shock looking at it. My elf did an incredible job. It's is a beast. So much detail in the anatomy and all the little hair and fur bits are so good. The paint job is fantastic. Many thanks to the creator, he has the power!"

SquallDraven
Runs Around in Tights

Mon May 09, 2022 4:23 am

It was I who constructed this mess of BAF parts. I will be posting my video diary over the next few days. Trevor, I am so stoked that you like him and that you were surprised to see that I went with him. Like usual I try to challenge myself every year and this was nothing short of that.
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 11:45 pm

It’s finally here… the last reveal of the 2021 Fwoosh Secret Santa. Unfortunately, the receiver is having difficulties getting onto the forums so I am posting on his behalf.

This message is from Captain Snikt (@captainsnikt)

“I finally received my secret Santa, and what a piece. Cylla from the 90s Wolverine run. What a slick and professional finish to this sexy cyborg custom. I’m really impressed. And so worth the wait”

We’ll let the owner come forth and claim their work, but this officially concludes the 2021 Fwoosh Secret Santa.

The Summer Swap is currently closing in on deadline date and has moved away from the forum and over to Instagram. Follow the account @legendarysecretswap and/or the hashtag #l3customs2022 on Instagram to keep up with the reveals. They’ll likely start in about a 3-4 weeks. Draven is still hosting it but we’ve merged the two events (Summer Swap and Secret Santa) into one account to have one central place to host the reveals.

Thank you to all customizers who participated this year and again a special thanks to Token customs for stepping in and making a second figure to cover for our participant who ghosted us.

Hope to see you all again for Secret Santa 2022!
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 20, 2022 2:38 pm

Hyalt looks so cool for a character I never heard of. And the light in his chest flickers too?

You guys are talented!!

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”