*OFFICIAL 2021 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA* Check out the teasers!

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
carlosdeanda
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: *OFFICIAL 2021 FWOOSH SECRET SANTA* Check out the teasers!

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:43 am

matchu778 wrote:Got another incoming reveal, this time from one of our new participants, MarvelousFigures. Because he still can’t post on the forum I am posting on his behalf.

“This custom fits right into my Thor collection and I admire the the smart use of parts. The paint job is really detailed, I see the depth and highlights. All the parts fit so well and this looks like Loki totally took over lady Sif. I could definitely see this character design fitting into with the many Loki variants! Thank you so much”

That's a gorgeous Lady Loki!
Wes Crayon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:39 pm

Tell MarvelousFigures I'm glad Lady Loki arrived safely! She was from me -- fairly simple recipe, but I was incredibly pleased with how well everything came together by the end. (I also *really* like the color-shift metallic green paint I used for the costume highlights; I need to find something else to use it on!)

One more pic for the road -- my hope was that even though Hasbro's got the retro-carded reissue of the A-Force figure coming soon, LL would have a place in a collection that acknowledges the multiverse. The pruning wand does not amuse her. :mrgreen:
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:14 pm

I didn't post any comments in a while, so it's finally time for some props from me:
Goblin Queen
Such a cool and sexy demon woman of a custom. I'm sure DG must be SO happy to have her in his collection.

Doc Ock
It's epic. I don't even want to guess how long it took to make the zip tie tentacles :lol: Love how long and nimble they are, and love the sculpted details on the character's costume.

Furiosa
I'm beyond impressed with the subtle paint job on her.

Madame Web
This old lady's never looked so good. How cool is that huge wheel thingie? And that fabric dress? Perfect.

that egg thing
I have no idea what that is but looks cool and LEDs make everything better.

Mulan
That Katey figure was a perfect base for a more realistic Mulan. Props to the maker.

Brainiac
I see some Injustice 2 inspirations here but with an original twist with that MCU armor.

Solid Snake
I'm jealous, I want it.

Red Shadow
Don't know the character but the figure itself is really eye catching.

Head Lopper
I've been fortunate enough to see some progress pics of this murder Santa in our elf group. I haven't read the book but this custom makes me wanna pick it up.

Earthworm Jim
So crisp and clean! The best Jim custom I've seen.

Skurge
That's one big boy, That custom must be over 7" tall, right? There's so much sculpted detail in this guy.

Zombie Mysterio
Blew my mind.

Spacehawk
Another cool figure of a character I don't know anything about.

Lara Croft
Seen her in my elf group, was already impressed with wip pics.

Lionheart
I love everything about this custom.

Rictor
Rictor has never looked cooler. What's with those custom effects? So many wonderful ideas at play here.

Raza the Chained
SICK!

Julie
Beautiful work.

Shadow King
It's freaking haunting. How can you sleep in the same room with this thing? :lol:

Martian Manhunter
Such nice work on a classic design. The sculpting is most impressive.

The Fury
Don't even know what to say. 15/10 custom :drool:

Xorn
That light-up exploding head made my day.

Medusa
I'd be scared to even attempt making something as complicated as her. It was an interesting twist with giving her snake legs instead of snake hair.

Toad
Beat Hasbro to the punch and made it 100% better than they'd be able to.

Cullen Bloodstone
I have to say that I don't really remember Cullen from Avengers Arena, but I've read the comic when it was released years ago. But the custom is insanely great. That paint job!

Lady Loki
A beautiful final reveal - at least so far.
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:43 am

Hey everyone.

As we wind down the event I figured id just give everyone an update on where we are at with this years Secret Santa.

At the moment, we have 1 custom that has arrived at its destination that has yet to be revealed. There are still 2 or 3 customs that have yet to be claimed by their maker. There are 3 customs in transit to different countries. There are 2 people who have yet to finish (one of which has taken on the role of the fill in elf for the participant we had to remove from the event). Once those 2 participants have finished their elf's will ship their figures out and everything will wrap up nicely. Hope to see this wrapped up by end of January.

Also, over the next few weeks ill be reaching out to everyone who participated asking some questions about how you felt the event went this year. We want to make this bigger next year and wed like your feedback before we start planning. So be on the lookout for that and any honest feedback you can provide would be appreciated.

Hope you all had a great holiday and a happy new year! be safe!
ethansuplee
Santa's Little Helper

Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:44 pm

Opticon wrote:Awesome work everyone, so many great reveals. I'm going to follow up the beautiful lady with a figure that will probably haunt my dreams for the foreseeable future...

It's the devil with the yellow eyes (Shadow King) from the Legion tv series! This is amazing, the head sculpt is phenomenal and the tattered coat is so well-done. Not to mention the paint is incredibly smooth...and the eyes. The eyes won't stop staring at me...Image
I love this monster of a figure!

I know who this is from by the name on the package but come forth elf and claim your haunting creation! This is not one I ever expected someone to make so thanks so much! ImageImage
From one of our special guests, Miguel Nash:

The Shadow King was mine! I’m glad Opticon enjoys it and that Shadow King found his place to haunt. Shadow King was a fun custom and made from Frogman, Wildchild and a dash of Arcade. I decided to extend the limbs to get the distorted parasitic look after watching a BTS feature from Legion’s make up artist. The coat is double layered and brought together with Liquid Stitch and tons of Fray Check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ethansuplee
Santa's Little Helper

Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:47 pm

From special guest, Miguel Nash:

I received my SS figure a few days ago and my Elf went above and beyond with this epic Super Mario fig! An awesome double sided display for both Mario world or for Donkey Kong. Awesome sculpt details on this fig and great accessories. I mean a magnetic hat, amazing! A big thank you to my Elf, please step forward!

matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:23 am

I’m posting on behalf of Face Customs (@facecustoms on IG) who is new to the event this year and is unable to post on the forum like most our other new members this year….

“Hi there! I'm the creator of the Cullen bloodstone figure. Super glad you like it! When I received the list, this was the character that jumped out at me, I knew more about his sister Elsa as I'm a massive fan of Nextwave but not much on Cullen. I always like to research new characters and you now have me hooked on Avengers Academy! I wanted to show his powers in transition so made him with the base. Thank you, it was great to do something different and a joy to make.”
Wes Crayon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:37 am

ethansuplee wrote:
I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT KOOPA! :lol: Elf who made it -- you've gotta explain the elongated neck. Like, I was able to find the Papo tortoise you used, and simply that repainted would have been awesome enough, but the elongated neck gives it this wonderfully freaky quality that I just can't explain and don't know the basis for. (Did the Koopa Troopas extend their necks in some games? Is that a thing they do now?) Anyway -- delightful. So very well done. The Goomba and mushroom are also fantastic.
Discogod
prefers hot chicks to Fwooshers

Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:30 pm

Warning! FRAT! :
ethansuplee wrote:
From special guest, Miguel Nash:

I received my SS figure a few days ago and my Elf went above and beyond with this epic Super Mario fig! An awesome double sided display for both Mario world or for Donkey Kong. Awesome sculpt details on this fig and great accessories. I mean a magnetic hat, amazing! A big thank you to my Elf, please step forward!

Mario was mine!

The list I recieved had some great choices, but as a huge Nintendo fan I instantly thought a "real life" Mario would be an interesting choice. He's made from a Frog-Man with a heavily resculpted WWE figure's head. Most of his outfit is sculpted, as is his hat which attached to his head with tiny magnets.
I wanted to add some accessories to show Mario's various games and settled on a 2-sided base, Donkey Kong-themed on one side and Super Mario Bros. on the other. This was made from styrene sheet and foamboard. The barrel is a wooden doll's house accessory, the hammer was sculpted and cast and the oil barrel is made from a candy container - there's a flickering LED in there to simulate fire.
The Goomba and Super Mushroom were sculpted in Apoxie, and the Koopa is a Papo tortoise with the neck lengthened to look a bit more like the SMB1 sprite.
I had so much fun making this - I just kept thinking of more and more I wanted to include, and if not for the deadline I'd probably be still working on it!
Wes Crayon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:39 am

DG!!!! I should've known -- you excel at amazing pack-ins and minifigs (still love that Purple Tentacle). Long-necked Koopa is genius and love.
Omegaprimus
Super Poseable

Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:19 am

Another outstanding year for SS reveals. U guys raised the bar yet again. Well done all!!!
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:03 am

Hey everyone. There’s 2 figures still in transit (damn you international shipping speeds!), and 2 who are not finished. Both should be finished up in the next 10 days or so hopefully.

But today, I have a new reveal from one of our new participants of the event, AAgent who received his figure yesterday. Since he can’t post (being new), I offered to post it up for him. Here’s what he had to say…

“I’ve always wanted a Jigsaw figure since I was a kid, never cared for the super cartoony look he sometimes has in the comics but man what my elf has done here was amazing, gave me a removable bloody apron, full metal axe, a machine gun, hammer and of course a knife. That’s not even including the swapable arms. Which if you know me, I love the option of that. The real money is the face sculpt, really love the scarring on him. I couldn’t be happier to have a Jigsaw in my collection, I’m gonna have a lot of fun posing him with Frank
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:44 pm

Glad that it arrived and you like it, my friend. Here's a bunch of pics from me:
newcollector
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:49 pm

Great job on that Jigsaw!! Lots of cool display options and that head sculpt is perfect for a “MCU-style” Jigsaw.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:12 am

Ok I can finally share that i got this RE4 inspired Leon Kennedy.

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”