getting rid of smoke smell on mezco figure

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

getting rid of smoke smell on mezco figure

Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:40 am

best way to remove cigar/cigarette smoke from mezco fig? i usually don't mind but its pretty strong. any ideas?
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Re: getting rid of smoke smell on mezco figure

Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:54 pm

Not sure if this'll work for Mezco what with the cloth and all, but in the past I've given figures from eBay a soak in vinegar+bleach and that did the trick.
lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:36 pm

Thanks for the input CTVampSlayer. Dont think ill soak it.

Aired it out, and the smell is not as strong anymore. Maybe ill attack it with some febreeze! Bats should smell like a lavander right?
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:55 am

This might sound stupid but use ozone. It is used to remove smells from duct work.
allfigurative
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:27 am

Stick it in a tupperware container, pour a pile of baking soda next to it, put the lid on, and then store it away for a couple of weeks. My Miles reeked when I got him, and after a few weeks in the box with the soda, the smell was gone. Baking soda is pretty magical stuff.
yorick_skirata
HULK SMASH!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:47 am

This might be a stupid question, but this only happens if the figures were exposed in a room with frequent smoking, right?

I only buy new and sealed figures (mostly from reputable online stores) due to my severe anxiety (diagnosed, not the “quirky” collector’s OCD).

Sorry if it is stupid, I got worried about buying figures that someone might have smoked near and that somehow the smell got to it.
lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:13 am

yorick, i think so. i dont smoke. i think if you stay within your standard then you should be ok.

fly4v, is what you're referring to is the generator? i might give allfigurative's baking soda suggestion a try.

theres only a faint hint of smoke smell on it so its not as bothersome but all in all, thanks for all the input guys

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”