3d Printing

Ask your How to Questions here. Wanna know what paints to use? Wanna know what's better: Super Sculpey or Apoxie? Wanna know about Super Glue vs Elmers? Have a WIP that you are working on? Then post here.
RedRobinCustoms
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

3d Printing

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:18 am

My brother and I are going halfsies on a 3d printer. Any tips? Best STL file websites? I am looking for a decent Joker head STL file.
FlexionDynamo
Super Poseable

Re: 3d Printing

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:06 pm

I can't answer any of those questions, BUT I just finished building my MK3S+ Sunday and got two desk built yesterday.

Guess we are in this together!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:45 am

We have another 3D printing topic on the second page of this forum.

It doesn't have any info on any STL files (yet), but a few people chimed in with info and tips for the OP of that thread.
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=93682
Magnuz
Tyrant

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:01 pm

I put alot of what i know in the other thread, but STL files i guess i didn't think to talk about. My go to is ThingiVerse, it has a large community of free shared files, mostly original creations or adapted/enhanced files by different people. Usually with options to donate to creators etc, but i generally just focus on free files. They offer various degree's of quality in the file, wether its good photos, variety in the files themselves, or details on how to print them with settings info etc.

Other options i know of are stuff like MyMiniFactory which as the name suggests is primarily focused on minatures for things like D&D and Warhammer style stuff, but it also is a primarily pay for files type site so i don't go there much. Everything i've printed pretty much has come from thingiverse. There's also digging into users and finding they have their own sites and offer more files usually for small fees, so if you find something you like look into the user and see what else they offer if they have a separate store etc.

As for things like a joker head, assuming you mean for figures, don't go out expecting to find awesome free sculpts easily available. Thingiverse will have a few files that are joker or joker related like busts or statues maybe heads you could try to use depending on how you printed it, but if you want something of a real quality, you'll usually end up having to buy files from bigger makers. Usually that is also busts or statues which you could scale down. Most files i've found relating to collectibles or comics etc are either minatures or statues/busts, almost nothing for action figures. Even diorama stuff i've tried to look into are mostly made for minature scales.

Return to “Custom Shop Talk”