Gurren Lagann resurgence - GSC, Bandai, Buzzmod, CCS...

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Gurren Lagann resurgence - GSC, Bandai, Buzzmod, CCS...

Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:53 am

Looks like there's a bunch of renewed interest in Gurren Lagann this year for the 15th anniversary.

Any GL fans on here excited about all the new product? Beginning with the CCS Toys Gurren Lagann, which was followed recently by the Lazengann.

Then we had various Goodsmile products, like the Moderoid GL, Nendo Simon and Kamina, and the Pupup Parades of Simon, Kamina, and Yoko.

Then we have this month releasing the Infinite Combining Gurren-Dan-Lagann from GSC:

The Sentinel Riobot transforming Gurren Lagann next month (first time we've seen a GL that transforms between Gurren and Lagann and GL):

Now we got a Soul of Chogokin version coming probably next year (this one also appears to have transforming gimmick):

And now Buzzmod is making character figures, starting with Kamina, and later Yoko:

So hype!

And for some GL adjacent stuff, we have these coming in the SoC line as well!
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Gurren Lagann resurgence - GSC, Bandai, Buzzmod, CCS...

Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:42 pm

Buzzmod Kamina went up for PO last night.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:04 pm

Are these stores missing a decimal placement when I look at those prices?

3 grand to 7 grand Canadian?
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:02 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:04 pm
Are these stores missing a decimal placement when I look at those prices?

3 grand to 7 grand Canadian?
What stores? Maybe you are seeing the prices in yen?

The most expensive items up there are the ccs bots at around 300 USD, unless the SOC ends up being more than that.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:53 pm

Hobby-Genki, for one. I'll have to get back to you. Overjoyed to be wrong on this, but 11,890 Chinese Yuan =2,215.11 Canadian Dollar when I converted.
Odowan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:59 pm

As someone who recently got into Gunpla, are there similar style kits for GL? I'd definitely be down for some of those.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

If you are referring to Kamina, the 11,000 whatever is Japanese Yen, not Chinese Yuan, and I converted, it's around 115 CAD.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:01 pm

Odowan wrote:
As someone who recently got into Gunpla, are there similar style kits for GL? I'd definitely be down for some of those.
Yes, in fact! I forgot to include them, but Sentinel did release 3 model kits in a brand new line called Plaiobot. They have release the Gurren Lagann, Lazengann, and Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann. There is a reissue of the GL and Lazengann coming out soon.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:25 am

Odowan wrote:
These are the Plaiobot model kits:

Odowan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:13 am

citysushi wrote:
Odowan wrote:
Yes, in fact! I forgot to include them, but Sentinel did release 3 model kits in a brand new line called Plaiobot. They have release the Gurren Lagann, Lazengann, and Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann. There is a reissue of the GL and Lazengann coming out soon.
Thank you! I'm going to have to hunt them down. Gurren Lagann was the first Mecha Anime I really got in to, and those look stellar.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:51 am

Odowan wrote:
citysushi wrote:
Odowan wrote:
Thank you! I'm going to have to hunt them down. Gurren Lagann was the first Mecha Anime I really got in to, and those look stellar.
I checked, Amiami has the SGGL in stock, and it's heavily discounted! NOTE: That one is a pretty large kit, though, so shipping might be high.
Odowan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:07 am

citysushi wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:51 am
Odowan wrote:
citysushi wrote:

I checked, Amiami has the SGGL in stock, and it's heavily discounted! NOTE: That one is a pretty large kit, though, so shipping might be high.
Thanks! I checked it in comparison to US places that have it in stock, and even with shipping from Japan, it's still considerably cheaper. Part of that is likely how strong the dollar is compared to yen right now. I can be patient and wait for the slow, cheap method.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:52 am

Goodsmile needs to reissue the Yoko Nendoroid for the 3rd time so I can actually purchase it this time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:54 am

Nebraska wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:52 am
Goodsmile needs to reissue the Yoko Nendoroid for the 3rd time so I can actually purchase it this time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It's terrible, best ask for a new version rather than a reissue.

I also forgot to mention that GSC also has some cutesy little figurines coming out of some GL characters, but that was something that didn't really interest me, so I didn't bother including it.

Oh, BTW, looks like the GSC Infinite Combining GL came out in Japan today.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:30 pm

citysushi wrote:
If you are referring to Kamina, the 11,000 whatever is Japanese Yen, not Chinese Yuan, and I converted, it's around 115 CAD.
That makes more sense, thanks!

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”