Super7 Lemmy!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Super7 Lemmy!

Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:21 pm

https://super7.com/products/motorhead-u ... gure-lemmy

'Course, it's another pre-order for something we won't see for a full year and that takes some of the shine off it.
I didn't really care for their previous music figures, but this Lemmy looks absolutely fantastic. And it's Lemmy. I'm gonna have to get it, I think.

The_Kilted_Fett
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Re: Super7 Lemmy!

Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:40 pm

HELL YEAH!!!
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:47 pm

Like most music Ultimates so far, I'm in for two of these. The optional heads are pretty great this time around!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:41 pm

I might have to grab him to pose with a HHH figure.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:51 am

Hard to pass this up. The king diamond looked cool but Im not a huge fan.

Id love to see;
Sid vicious
Dave vanian
Crimson ghost
Danzig (misfits, samhain, solo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bgiles73
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:44 am

I agree with preordering two and that’s exactly what I did. Lemmy is definitely one I couldn’t pass on. Misfits and Danzig also would be great. I sure hope Cliff Burton gets an Ultimate figure too! I hope Ronnie James Dio get his due too!
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:04 pm

Dio would be fantastic! And Ozzy should have been made already. I know there's some kind of licensing issues there though as they solicited a Bark At The Moon reaction years ago, and it got concelled.

Rob Halford would make for a cool figure too with his studded leather and all. Make him a ultra-ultimate and include a harley for him to ride up on stage!
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:01 pm

bgiles73 wrote:
I agree with preordering two and that’s exactly what I did. Lemmy is definitely one I couldn’t pass on. Misfits and Danzig also would be great. I sure hope Cliff Burton gets an Ultimate figure too! I hope Ronnie James Dio get his due too!
Danzig was yapping away at a meet and greet earlier this year and said figures of his likeness are coming from Super7, but he didn't say under what product umbrella (Ultimates or ReAction). He specifically mentioned there's going to a "Barbarian Danzig" which leads me to believe it's ReAction if there's going to be multiple iterations. Hopefully we find out in time for Halloween or something.
KnightDamien

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:36 am

Misfit wrote:
bgiles73 wrote:
Danzig was yapping away at a meet and greet earlier this year and said figures of his likeness are coming from Super7, but he didn't say under what product umbrella (Ultimates or ReAction). He specifically mentioned there's going to a "Barbarian Danzig" which leads me to believe it's ReAction if there's going to be multiple iterations. Hopefully we find out in time for Halloween or something.
Are there any brands that have proved exclusive to ReAction? Seems like everything they're doing there, they're also doing in Ultimates. We got the ReAction Lemmy a ways back, right?
I'd love a Danzig Ultimates. Shit, give me a Henry Rollins too.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:55 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:36 am
Misfit wrote:
bgiles73 wrote:
Are there any brands that have proved exclusive to ReAction? Seems like everything they're doing there, they're also doing in Ultimates. We got the ReAction Lemmy a ways back, right?
I'd love a Danzig Ultimates. Shit, give me a Henry Rollins too.
There are certainly plenty of musicians who have only received the ReAction treatment thus far. As far as brands, it depends on how you define "brand." They have Who Framed Roger Rabbit? ReAction figures and a generic Disney Ultimates line, so I don't know if that counts. I doubt we'll see an Ultimates Stupid Weasel though, but certainly they seem to view the big licenses as a way to make money in both ReAction and Ultimates. In the case of Danzig specifically, despite being a toy collector himself, he's always been resistant to figures of himself. Thus far, there has only been very stylized vinyl figures from Medicom. Randy from NECA has apparently approached him multiple times and he always turns him down which makes me wonder if he's opposed to a realistic interpretation. ReAction may be what he wants since he'll probably just look like his character model from Aqua Teen Hunger Force for the rest of time.
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Misfit wrote:
bgiles73 wrote:
Oh interesting! Wonder if 'barbarian' will just be how theyre going to brand his late 80s-90s look or if the figure will have actual barbarian elements...which might sound silly but would be totally appropriate considering the Verotik publishing stuff he was doing during the 90s.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:21 pm

I would assume actual "barbarian" elements, whatever that includes. There's no shortage of artwork of Danzig with giant swords and stuff out there like the below cover from Decibel:

dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:37 pm

That actually seem like it would make for a fun figure.......but, it should come with a 2nd head wearing the horned skull like the cover on the demonsweatlive EP and a 3rd head from the skullman shirt. Extra points if there were somehow sly references to Crystar and cat litter lol.
KnightDamien

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:28 am

Misfit wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:55 pm

There are certainly plenty of musicians who have only received the ReAction treatment thus far. As far as brands, it depends on how you define "brand." They have Who Framed Roger Rabbit? ReAction figures and a generic Disney Ultimates line, so I don't know if that counts. I doubt we'll see an Ultimates Stupid Weasel though, but certainly they seem to view the big licenses as a way to make money in both ReAction and Ultimates. In the case of Danzig specifically, despite being a toy collector himself, he's always been resistant to figures of himself. Thus far, there has only been very stylized vinyl figures from Medicom. Randy from NECA has apparently approached him multiple times and he always turns him down which makes me wonder if he's opposed to a realistic interpretation. ReAction may be what he wants since he'll probably just look like his character model from Aqua Teen Hunger Force for the rest of time.
I didn't realize there were so many things in ReAction that haven't been in Ultimates. But that is why I framed it as a question; I really just don't follow ReAction at all and my only knowledge of what exists in that expression is what I can actually remember seeing and sticks out in my mind.

I'm still hoping that Danzig ends up as an Ultimate. It's possible that S7 was able to convince him to do it even though he initially didn't like the idea. Like NECA/Judith Hoag did with Elias Koteas.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:48 pm

I'm hoping for Ultimates as well of Danzig. I think early 90s Danzig would make the best figure, but it would definitely be cool to get a Walk Among Us Glenn, Jerry, and Doyle. I'm surprised we have yet to see an Ultimates Fiend or Jerry at this point, but maybe it's Super7 that only wants to do that if they can get the other guys onboard.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”