Power Con 2022

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Power Con 2022

Mon May 16, 2022 6:51 pm

While some folks might not enjoy the venue change for this year’s Power Con, it works great for me because it’s now about 6 minutes down the road. So I’ll finally be attending my first major con!

I had a question for any Power Con veterans: is a 3 day pass worth it?

Prices are cut until the end of the month and a 3 day pass isn’t a bad price at all, but would I even need one? Would just going on a Friday or Saturday be good enough to get the full experience?
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Re: Power Con 2022

Mon May 16, 2022 7:11 pm

Thats awesome for you. Still waiting for my first Toy and Comic Con. The dates never seem to work with my schedule.

Post lots of Pics!
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 7:23 pm

I'm really looking forward to this as well being a central Ohio resident. I know it's unlikely Mattel will be here and there won't be exclusives, but NECA is a pretty exciting addition to the lineup. Not to mention the Four Horsemen and Tweeterhead. It would be great if Mondo is there to showcase their 1/6 line.
Boy Wonder

Tue May 17, 2022 1:19 am

I’m sure it’s purely coincidental but it’s fitting that Columbus has Power Con since we have a statue of Conan himself right outside the convention center

PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 9:38 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:51 pm
While some folks might not enjoy the venue change for this year’s Power Con, it works great for me because it’s now about 6 minutes down the road. So I’ll finally be attending my first major con!

I had a question for any Power Con veterans: is a 3 day pass worth it?

Prices are cut until the end of the month and a 3 day pass isn’t a bad price at all, but would I even need one? Would just going on a Friday or Saturday be good enough to get the full experience?
I've gone twice to the show in Anaheim (definitely not going this year as there is very little that could entice me to Ohio) but in my experience the multi-day pass was worth it. Of course the last time I went - in 2019 - the show was pretty laser focused on Masters of the Universe, but the content in the meeting halls was awesome and worth while each day and there was plenty to see on the show room floor as well. This year it sounds like the show has a much broader focus and is veering away sharply from it's MOTU centered past, so I guess it will depend on what presenters they have and how that lines up with your particular fandom interests.
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 20, 2022 2:25 pm

I'm kinda sad that MOTU/POP is no longer the focus. Though I suppose expanding the focus welcomes different people in...
xTIMMYxCOREx
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:04 pm

DisneyBoy wrote:I'm kinda sad that MOTU/POP is no longer the focus. Though I suppose expanding the focus welcomes different people in...
A few years back they made Power-Con about MOTU, ThunderCats, TMNT etc. it went pretty well that year. I expect this will be pretty cool. Totally weird going to ohio. Never thought I would set foot in that state but CA is horrendous these days. Also Mattel’s lack of participation last year was a total insult.
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:27 pm

I've got a friend in Columbus, so I won't have to pay for a hotel room. I'm looking forward to it. It's been years since I've been to a big toy con.
xTIMMYxCOREx

Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:16 am

I’m excited to go to the last remaining York Steakhouse while I’m there. Going to bring back memories of being a kid in the 80s. I’ll probably bring a few action figures just like I did in 1983.
Boy Wonder

Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:17 pm

xTIMMYxCOREx wrote:
I’m excited to go to the last remaining York Steakhouse while I’m there. Going to bring back memories of being a kid in the 80s. I’ll probably bring a few action figures just like I did in 1983.
Lol, I’m not old enough to remember the heyday of York, but I assure you the inside of that place looks like it hasn’t been updated since 1977 (nor would I want it to be).

First time I went there a few years ago I was greeted by an employee refilling the A1 bottles using a giant tub of Costco steak sauce. That’s when I knew I was home.
xTIMMYxCOREx

Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:16 am

Boy Wonder wrote:
xTIMMYxCOREx wrote:
Lol, I’m not old enough to remember the heyday of York, but I assure you the inside of that place looks like it hasn’t been updated since 1977 (nor would I want it to be).

First time I went there a few years ago I was greeted by an employee refilling the A1 bottles using a giant tub of Costco steak sauce. That’s when I knew I was home.
Perfect. Just the horribleness I want!

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”