Nacelle General Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Toy Hound
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Nacelle General Talk

Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:27 pm

Well it’s NYCC and I believe I saw someplace that Nacelle would announce 6 new licenses. Hope there are some great ones in there. Feel free to speculate.
I’d love to see Dinosaucers, Bravestarr, COPS, Visionaries, wouldn’t be upset on smurfs, Will probably end up with snorks.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:51 pm

Wave 2 of Sectaurs.

https://thepopinsider.com/news/nacelle- ... ve-2-news/

Sounds like the first assortment is doing well.
“The overwhelming response to our first wave of Sectaurs really forced our hand to kick the second wave into gear much sooner than we planned to,” explains Nacelle Co. Founder and CEO Brian Volk-Weiss. “As long as wave two does as well as wave one has, we’ll see Dragonflyer, Trancula, Spiderflyer, and some other insect puppets in future waves.”

Sectaurs Wave 2 is set to include Bandor, a previously unreleased figure from the original Sectaurs line. He’s been described as “a slimy thief who is trusted by no one — not even his evil cohorts from the Dark Domain. Savage, unpredictable, and opportunistic, Bandor may align himself with the Dark Domain, but his true loyalty lies only with himself.”

The wave will also include General Spidrax, the hideous leader of the Dark Domain’s armies. The Nacelle Co. says “Armed with a whip coated in lethal poison, Slazor, Skall shield, net, and twin Venguns, General Spidrax presents a serious problem to the Shining Realm in the battle for Symbion. Unlike most Sectaurs, General Spidrax enslaved his animal companion, Spider-Flyer, rather than form a bond with it.”
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:44 pm

How much better would Sectaurs be selling if they were in a modern aesthetic with modern articulation? I’m not buying these since I want something updated and modern.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:54 pm

I'd definitely have preferred that, but if it's working it's working. Plus those are some high prices for what you get, I feel. And living outside of the US is never ideal for niche low order quantity toys from US manufacturers.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:11 pm

I am intrigued by these. I like the look of the unreleased green guy. I do wish these were an updated modern articulated line of figures to occupy my shelf alongside MOTU Classics and Thundercats and Silverhawks Ultimates. Depending on how they scale I may end up kitbashing them with Classics figures to get what I want. I guess we'll see.
yorick_skirata
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:23 am

Ash Talon wrote:How much better would Sectaurs be selling if they were in a modern aesthetic with modern articulation? I’m not buying these since I want something updated and modern.
I also prefer a modern aesthetics and engineering, so I’m not buying these either.

I’m always glad for anyone that does like a particular line, and I hope that this line succeeds enough to bring this I.P. to a point where we can even get some modern version.

But one thing that is intriguing me is their elbow. Are they seamless and articulated, or fixed like the classic one? I was thinking it was fixed, but some pictures makes me think otherwise (for instance Spidrax arm being extended).

Sadly, Zica toys were exactly what I wanted, but in the “wrong scale” for me (although I bought them anyway).
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:36 am

I'm pretty sure they confirmed articulated elbows. Note in the bottom left corner of the pic they mention that the toys shown are the old Coleco ones, so those ones definitely have their fixed elbows. No prototypes for wave 2 yet.
yorick_skirata
Runs Around in Tights

Nacelle General Talk

Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:27 am

Megazarak wrote:I'm pretty sure they confirmed articulated elbows. Note in the bottom left corner of the pic they mention that the toys shown are the old Coleco ones, so those ones definitely have their fixed elbows. No prototypes for wave 2 yet.
True. I didn’t pay enough attention to the note. :p my mistake.

But even the figures shown at NYCC seem either fixed or seamless.

(Images from toyark)

Maybe they are prototypes still missing the elbow articulation.

EDIT: according to their Facebook page the elbows are articulated.
https://fb.watch/g0vTMRmM3d/
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:54 am

I'm surprised there's an audience for this, actually. I really like Sectaurs, myself. But I have zero interest in this, myself. I like the vintage toys because I have nostalgia for those specific toys, not because they're great toys. If you want to play off my nostalgia - sell me the actual thing I owned as a kid OR sell me something that appeals to my modern tastes in action figures but harkens back to the toys I loved as a kid.

This like... actually reproducing a vintage toy but not really thing? I .. do not want that.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”