One:Twelve Garage

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: One:Twelve Garage

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:44 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:16 am
maczero wrote: That's a 7 inch figure. Kinda bugs me that they would use it in a promo image because it gives people the wrong impression.
That's not Pizza Spidey?
I'm not a big Spider-Man guy, but that was the figure I thought it was, even after a pretty hard look.

maczero wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if one of the tiers is fiery effects to pull in the GR fans. As for the demand for 1/12 vehicles, I'd say it's there. They really enhance toy shoots. In my case, I like to use them in elaborate displays. Right now I've got the Punisher surrounded by a bunch of baddies on motorcycles.
Time will tell. But 'the demand is there' and 'a dozen people use them in action figure photography' are definitely a world apart. When you take away the -most- attractive elements of the HasLab piece, I have a hard time feeling like that will equal -more- sales, even if the price is significantly lower. It isn't the thing most people seemed to actually want. In fact, it's the thing that most people seemed more than happy to sacrifice to make the price better on the thing they actually wanted.

Definitely not saying NO ONE wants this. Just not sure if the amount of people that want a generic muscle car that's probably still under-scaled for their action figures is the same as the amount of people that will need to want one for it to actually get made. And I don't mean that as a slight against the creator or that I hope it fails or any of that.

Honestly, I was interested in the Haslab for the base car itself, without any of the flourishes or figures, and could have paid less for just that.

Does it mean I back this? I'm unsure at the moment, but I'll keep an eye on it.
Archrivals
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:16 pm

The car looks awesome even for the price IMO. I just don't trust start ups anymore unless it proxies through something reputable.

I've been burned by GTP/Space Walls and I feel this has no chance of reaching that funding goal honestly.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:50 pm

I can't believe Gwen is that tall, she's been scrunched up on my shelf so long.

Much better picture spread.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:00 pm

Archrivals wrote:
The car looks awesome even for the price IMO. I just don't trust start ups anymore unless it proxies through something reputable.

I've been burned by GTP/Space Walls and I feel this has no chance of reaching that funding goal honestly.
If this doesn't work out for them, then maybe a partnership with BBTS is another way for this to happen. It lends credibility to the project and it'll help them reach a larger audience.
Archrivals
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:20 pm

maczero wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:00 pm
Archrivals wrote:

If this doesn't work out for them, then maybe a partnership with BBTS is another way for this to happen. It lends credibility to the project and it'll help them reach a larger audience.
That would work for me. I like the stuff BBTS is releasing like Naughty Santa and the Monster Force.

If they were involved in this I would back it without a second thought.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:18 am

Well I've backed for two cars. So far the kickstarter has raised close to $28k in less than a week with less than 100 backers. They need to raise $720k to go into production. I really want these cars but I'm kind of iffy on them reaching the goal.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:45 am

I highly doubt this KS will reach the $700k funding goal, so any worries about the person running the campaign are moot.
Dash.underscore
I wish I had super powers

Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:03 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:45 am
I highly doubt this KS will reach the $700k funding goal, so any worries about the person running the campaign are moot.
Yeah for one car at $185 they have to sell around 4000 units to fund. Where was the Haslab at the end, 4500? I think their chances are very slim between the funding goal and being an unknown company with ties to another company that made off with peoples money.

It’s too bad, this would scratch the itch I have for 1/12 vehicles.
sephiroth61787
CROM!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:08 pm

This makes me wish the Haslab didn't fail. Also doesn't seem like Hasbro was asking too, too much either when this is what 3rd parties are asking just for the vehicle.
thewyldman
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:45 pm

sephiroth61787 wrote:
This makes me wish the Haslab didn't fail. Also doesn't seem like Hasbro was asking too, too much either when this is what 3rd parties are asking just for the vehicle.
It’s almost like a lot of the loudest personalities in the toy industry don’t actually understand production costs
Archrivals
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:00 pm

sephiroth61787 wrote:
I'm ok with Haslab failing. Right or wrong, the perceived value just wasn't there. I just wish the Odd Frog KS had a more reliable channel to release this product. I want that Bandito, but start up's are not my thing currently.
sephiroth61787
CROM!

Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:29 pm

thewyldman wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:45 pm
sephiroth61787 wrote:
It’s almost like a lot of the loudest personalities in the toy industry don’t actually understand production costs
Exactly.
Archrivals wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:00 pm
sephiroth61787 wrote:
I'm ok with Haslab failing. Right or wrong, the perceived value just wasn't there. I just wish the Odd Frog KS had a more reliable channel to release this product. I want that Bandito, but start up's are not my thing currently.
I think this is fine if people really want a Charger. Haslab looked better though.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:12 pm

As of today, only 102 backers with a total of $28,834 pledged. They still have a month to go but it's extremely unlikely that they get to $720,000 by that time.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:26 am

I was big-time rooting for the Haslab Hellcharger so this is something I’m interested in, but I’m not sold just yet. Ramen Toy has shown some digital renders of their take on the vehicle (including flame effects) and I’m hoping they get a proto out soon.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”