One:Twelve Garage

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: One:Twelve Garage

Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:15 am

Wow. The cajones on these guys. They are at it again. They stole our money, and now they want more.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/od ... escription

DO NOT SUPPORT THESE SCAMMERS!
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:52 pm

InanimateObjects wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:15 am
Wow. The cajones on these guys. They are at it again. They stole our money, and now they want more.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/od ... escription

DO NOT SUPPORT THESE SCAMMERS!
Update to myself. The "1:12 Chop Shop/Oddfrog" people reached out to me to assure me they are NOT the same as "OneTwelve Garage." They only did design work for OneTwelve Garage, and they too were scammed.

I'm sure that's true, but much of their language on the Kickstarter is very similar to that used by the previous scammers. I remain wary. I won't be backing the KS. Been burned too often. If it's legitimate I wish them the best of luck. But if they want to avoid confusion, they need to further separate themselves from their previous partners.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:24 pm

I've been following these guys for some time. I think one of their missteps is choosing a name very similar to a company they were associated with that winded up being a scam. I mean "1:12 Garage" and "1:12 Chop Shop" are way too close in my opinion.

That said, I do want to support these guys so I'll do so by opening a proper thread for them.

https://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=95222
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:56 pm

maczero wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:24 pm
I've been following these guys for some time. I think one of their missteps is choosing a name very similar to a company they were associated with that winded up being a scam. I mean "1:12 Garage" and "1:12 Chop Shop" are way too close in my opinion.

That said, I do want to support these guys so I'll do so by opening a proper thread for them.
I said as much directly to the Oddfrog people. Their name, their product, their slogan, the language they use, it's all very similar to OneTwelve Garage. Enough so that anyone who ross references the two in a simple Google search gets a lot of results tying the two together. I know they are a different group, and were scammed like the rest of us, but the results are enough to give one pause before committing $185+. I'm sure they have emotional attachment to the name Oddfrog, maybe a financial one too, but the smart thing would have been to completely change all terminology that could lead back to OneTwelve Garage.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:04 am

Can't speak to their trustability, but this is all I need to know it's not a car for me.
nah.jpg
nah.jpg (75.24 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:17 am

TFitz wrote: Can't speak to their trustability, but this is all I need to know it's not a car for me.
nah.jpg
Yeaaaah. Not sure who would look at that and say it's perfect for 6" figures unless the plan is to have it empty-seated in the background somewhere.
I'll also be really surprised if there's even a market for this. A Charger -without- all the flames and stuff is kind of the exact opposite of what, I expect, most people wanted from the HasLab. In fact, I saw 'just drop all the non-flamed stuff and lower the price' pretty often. What I don't recall seeing was 'if only this was cheaper and in no way an actual Ghost Rider vehicle, I'd love it.' Not saying NO ONE wants that. Just don't think it's the same or more than the people that wanted an actual GR vehicle.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:04 am

KnightDamien wrote:
TFitz wrote: Can't speak to their trustability, but this is all I need to know it's not a car for me.

nah.jpg
Yeaaaah. Not sure who would look at that and say it's perfect for 6" figures unless the plan is to have it empty-seated in the background somewhere.
I'll also be really surprised if there's even a market for this. A Charger -without- all the flames and stuff is kind of the exact opposite of what, I expect, most people wanted from the HasLab. In fact, I saw 'just drop all the non-flamed stuff and lower the price' pretty often. What I don't recall seeing was 'if only this was cheaper and in no way an actual Ghost Rider vehicle, I'd love it.' Not saying NO ONE wants that. Just don't think it's the same or more than the people that wanted an actual GR vehicle.
That's a 7 inch figure. Kinda bugs me that they would use it in a promo image because it gives people the wrong impression.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the tiers is fiery effects to pull in the GR fans. As for the demand for 1/12 vehicles, I'd say it's there. They really enhance toy shoots. In my case, I like to use them in elaborate displays. Right now I've got the Punisher surrounded by a bunch of baddies on motorcycles.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:48 am

maczero wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:04 am
KnightDamien wrote:

nah.jpg
That's a 7 inch figure. Kinda bugs me that they would use it in a promo image because it gives people the wrong impression.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the tiers is fiery effects to pull in the GR fans. As for the demand for 1/12 vehicles, I'd say it's there. They really enhance toy shoots. In my case, I like to use them in elaborate displays. Right now I've got the Punisher surrounded by a bunch of baddies on motorcycles.
That spidey in the back seat looks like the shf infinity war version (1/12), it’s 143mm (or 5 5/8”). The domestic 6” lines should fit in that no problem.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:16 am

maczero wrote: That's a 7 inch figure. Kinda bugs me that they would use it in a promo image because it gives people the wrong impression.
That's not Pizza Spidey?
I'm not a big Spider-Man guy, but that was the figure I thought it was, even after a pretty hard look.

maczero wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if one of the tiers is fiery effects to pull in the GR fans. As for the demand for 1/12 vehicles, I'd say it's there. They really enhance toy shoots. In my case, I like to use them in elaborate displays. Right now I've got the Punisher surrounded by a bunch of baddies on motorcycles.
Time will tell. But 'the demand is there' and 'a dozen people use them in action figure photography' are definitely a world apart. When you take away the -most- attractive elements of the HasLab piece, I have a hard time feeling like that will equal -more- sales, even if the price is significantly lower. It isn't the thing most people seemed to actually want. In fact, it's the thing that most people seemed more than happy to sacrifice to make the price better on the thing they actually wanted.

Definitely not saying NO ONE wants this. Just not sure if the amount of people that want a generic muscle car that's probably still under-scaled for their action figures is the same as the amount of people that will need to want one for it to actually get made. And I don't mean that as a slight against the creator or that I hope it fails or any of that.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:32 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:16 am
Time will tell. But 'the demand is there' and 'a dozen people use them in action figure photography' are definitely a world apart.
Well, Mattel has put out large vehicles (a little bigger than 1/12) every year for the past three years as part of their WWE line. These are mass retail offerings so it's definitely not a tiny niche. The only issue is are people willing to pay boutique toy line prices for vehicles.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:47 am

What Spidey is that in the front passenger?

That's the original Gwen in the driver's side?

Edit: it's the Revoltech Gwen. Doesn't bode well for size.

Re: Mattel WWE vehicles, those are oversized and have playset action features. I'm of the mind just because instagrammers use Bratz cars and Wrestling trucks that it doesn't mean it looks good with what they're shooting.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:59 pm

The revo spider-Gwen is 6 ¼ “

The rest of the images would probably help. For instance that Spidey in the front seat is 7.5”
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:01 pm

Oh, apparently if you slide the hips forward on that 7.5” spidey

InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:08 pm

I'm 90% sure that larger Spidey is a bootleg that floats around eBay. I have one. He's 7". More in line with McFarlane's (not really) BTAS figures. It's an odd choice to go with.

To be fair, that photo is one of several. Most of the photos show 6" figures fitting in the car just fine. This one photo was simply meant to convey how a 7" figure fits. Which, apparently, is not well.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:26 pm

They really should have skipped that one for the pictures, it does them no favors.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”