Four Horsemen - Figura Obscura

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Shoretrooper69
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Figura Obscura

Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:07 pm

Yeah of course Santa is real. He's grandfather.

And when he died when I was six, the spirit of Christmas kind of left with him, too. Feels like that trope of standing out in the cold looking in through the window. Wondering what we'd talk about if I could just knock to be let in and have one more hour to talk to him. To just hear him.

I never dared to ruin the story for others. Not even the worst people I've met. Santa doesn't need to be a specific person; people can be disappointing. No, let Santa be the kindness and warmth you know to exist in the world because you were fortunate enough to have felt it, and then share that feeling with everyone. Unconditional.

It's what I know he would have wanted in me, and in doing so I do right by him.
Stormbreaker1
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:03 pm

Shoretrooper69 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:07 pm
Yeah of course Santa is real. He's grandfather.

And when he died when I was six, the spirit of Christmas kind of left with him, too. Feels like that trope of standing out in the cold looking in through the window. Wondering what we'd talk about if I could just knock to be let in and have one more hour to talk to him. To just hear him.

I never dared to ruin the story for others. Not even the worst people I've met. Santa doesn't need to be a specific person; people can be disappointing. No, let Santa be the kindness and warmth you know to exist in the world because you were fortunate enough to have felt it, and then share that feeling with everyone. Unconditional.

It's what I know he would have wanted in me, and in doing so I do right by him.
:D
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:43 am

Those were some beautiful stories everyone! Thank you for sharing them.
bigbayblue
Super Poseable

Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:06 am

Well, Santa arrived already. It looks just like the pictures. Mine had sone quality control issues, the most glaring being that the tip of the belt was sliced off at the factory, so it can't be closed.

I've never needed customer support from them before. Hopefully getting a replacement belt will be easy.

Also, a word of warning: that horn is extremely fragile. A smaill piece was broken before I opened the package, and in getting it out of the package I ruined it completely.
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble

Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:09 am

Ordered at 9:01AM 12/3 and mine hasn't even shipped yet.
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:43 am

Mine just began shipping this afternoon. I ordered mine with the second batch, just as they were available again.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:05 am

My solo figure from the first batch shipped shipped first and the all-in figure from the second batch shipped the next day. So knows what’s driving the shipping? Maybe furthest from 4H first to help ensure everyone has them for Christmas?
ExhaustedJedi
I wish I had super powers

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:31 am

My Father Christmas figure arrived earlier today. I live west of Baltimore, so I don't usually have long to wait once they ship from NJ. I'll be opening up the box in a few min here.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:42 am

ExhaustedJedi wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:31 am
My Father Christmas figure arrived earlier today. I live west of Baltimore, so I don't usually have long to wait once they ship from NJ. I'll be opening up the box in a few min here.
Man, mine could have gone out in the same batch as yours and been here today.

As it is no news on mine yet.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:22 am

I was an inquisitive child, so I would leave questions for Santa along with the milk and cookies. (I know, as if the guy didn't have enough to do.) My parents, proud early internet adopters, would print out replies to my questions. Unfortunately, they also printed out answers to their own questions on a near-daily basis. I was able to connect the dots from there. Like a few others, the ridiculousness of the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy didn't help.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:48 am

I think younger siblings believe in Santa for less time. Certainly if they have older cousins. That was my case; large Italian family. I remember the feeling of believing but have no memories of actively believing. Prob around age 6 or so. Kid culture in the 70s could be brutal. A few years later I remember finding Santa presents in my parents closet. They realized I’d found them and returned them. Opening presents and never getting that Cylon Warrior was rough. Taught me not to snoop though.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:12 pm

That certainly tracks. I was 9 when my mom came clean about Santa, though I don't think I had been an active believer for a couple of years, but until it's finally confirmed I probably would leave out a shred of hope. When she did tell me it was with the caveat of "Don't tell your little sister." Naturally, I told her right away because kids don't keep secrets about the adult world from each other. My own kids are 7 and 6 so they're probably in the doubting the stage at this point. My daughter implies she's a pretty firm believer, but I don't know if she's doing that because she knows it's what we want to hear. My son doesn't say much on the topic which tells me he probably doubts the big man's existence and it wouldn't surprise me if he's already encountered kids at school who have figured it out. Either way, I'll be a little sad when it's all over.

I got my shipping confirmation late last night. Wouldn't you know, when I placed the order there was just one day over the next two weeks I would have preferred it not arrive, and right now it's scheduled to arrive on that day. I'm supposed to take my family up to my parents' house to stay over and go on a tree hunt the next day, so now I'll have to wait around until the postman comes by or ask my neighbor to grab it. I definitely don't want to leave a package sitting out all night. I'm hoping I'll get lucky and USPS will deliver it in the morning as they'll do that with packages around this time of year. The evening delivery is usually well past 6.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:36 pm

Love this figure.

The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:02 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:36 pm
Love this figure.

Mine is out for delivery, according to FedEx, so I'm hoping he shows up around lunch time so I can run home and open him.

Your shot here is great! What did you use for your snow base? I painted up a bunch of pink foam, but I dig the way yours turned out.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:06 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:02 pm
Your shot here is great! What did you use for your snow base? I painted up a bunch of pink foam, but I dig the way yours turned out.
It comes from an old Santa Claus is Comin To Town figure set: http://www.timeandspacetoys.com/saclcototowi.html

It also has a really cool bare tree (you can see it in the link), but I substituted in some Xmas trees from Michaels.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”