Four Horsemen - Figura Obscura

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Figura Obscura

Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:49 am

I know what the surprices are. THEY'RE AWESOME!! GORGEOUS! And they add a lot of value to the figure! It actually made me really glad I was able to order one!

Man I was dying to know, hahaha!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:08 am

Spoiler tag that news and share.
He-Man
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:38 am

I’m guessing whatever is in the sack negates some of the criticism that this is too tame. That might make some people mad if this were to sell out before it leaks what the gifts are. Though with how many are apparently left that’s probably not going to happen.

We’ll see!
Xnbach
Super Poseable

Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:32 am

So far we have had one Samhain and two Yule figures for Obscura, I wonder if they are all going to be holiday figures? Like maybe a Cupid of some sort for Valentines, a Leprechaun for St. Patrick’s, a Green Man for May Day? Or are they going to veer more folklore and not necessarily tie it in to holidays, maybe give us a Baba Yaga or a werewolf or something like that?
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:57 am

Well I was told not to share it, but I guess it'll be your personal choice to click the spoiler button.

Warning! You will spoil the contents of Santa's gift for you! Don't click if you wanna be surprised when you get the figure!

Here're the photos:
Spoiler! :

Two new knight heads, apparently they are 1.0 compatible. They look so sweet!!
If the 4H see this, please don't hate me! I'll erase the post if you want :D

Oh, if anybody wants to discuss it, please type in spoiler mode-thingy, so to not spoil the surprise for anyone else!
Shoretrooper69
Super Poseable

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:05 am

Spoiler! :
Maybe not the type of thing to sell me on buying more Father Christmas figures, but now I like the idea of a separate accessory set even more. Funny how in a line adjacent to a lot of swords and sorcery, it's the frickin faux-plush dog that's tempting me to double dip the most.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:35 am

I LOVE this guy. Got my order in within 2 minutes of him going up Saturday morning.

A couple other local Fwooshers were interested in the figure before the reveal, but ended up passing.

The shorter bearded sculpt reminds me of the Santa that's in the "Rise of the Guardians" animated movie with Hugh Jackman as the Easter Bunny.

Now I want a large bellied, jacked armed figure I can turn into that version. I also need some of his Yetis.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:56 am

Hmm, can’t really say the spoiler is doing much for me personally but I imagine many people will be pleased. I kind of feel the presents they did reveal in the photos would have been better surprises and the spoiler should have been what was revealed instead as I can see how the spoiler would drive up more sales.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:41 am

Cool surprises! Glad I bought 2.

You really get a lot of bang for the buck with this figure after seeing those.

Nice work 4H. More value = More sales
yorick_skirata
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:05 am

Buttmunch wrote:Hmm, can’t really say the spoiler is doing much for me personally but I imagine many people will be pleased. I kind of feel the presents they did reveal in the photos would have been better surprises and the spoiler should have been what was revealed instead as I can see how the spoiler would drive up more sales.
I feel the same way.

I was already quite happy with it. I preordered mine on the 1st sale, in the first few minutes.
So I hadn’t even noticed there was some surprise items.

Then when I read about the surprises, it created some new expectations. The aforementioned spoilers items are underwhelming for me. Although I do believe a lot of people will like it.

I’m not disappointed, because I was already more than satisfied with the figure and known accessories. The surprises just don’t add anything for me.
yorick_skirata
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:12 am

Not sure how long will it last, but there is 1 Alder (the moose) available at BBTS atm.
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:33 pm

yorick_skirata wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:12 am
Not sure how long will it last, but there is 1 Alder (the moose) available at BBTS atm.
It's gone now, so... Not long.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:51 pm

It will have a loving home.
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:33 pm

I personally am thrilled with this release. I LOVE that they did a traditional St Nicholas/Father Christmas, instead of some monster take on the character. I'm also really glad they didn't go with a modern "fat" Santa...we're getting that from Fresh Monkey Fiction as it is. I've long wanted the trim, wizened old man who is featured in so many different cultures. All this is missing for my ideal Nicholas is a Mitre (any of you customizers out there gonna do a Mitre for ol' Nick?), and maybe his crosier (though the staff here is pretty close to the traditional crosier from folklore).

I'm really impressed that they managed to make this take versatile enough that he could fit into many different culture's versions of "Santa". He is instantly recognizable to almost anyone who comes from any country with a St Nicholas/Father Christmas/Father Frost/Santa tradition. I'm excited to have him on my shelf, keeping his Krampus entourage in check as they head out to separate out the naughty from the nice.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:44 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:33 pm
I personally am thrilled with this release. I LOVE that they did a traditional St Nicholas/Father Christmas, instead of some monster take on the character. I'm also really glad they didn't go with a modern "fat" Santa...we're getting that from Fresh Monkey Fiction as it is. I've long wanted the trim, wizened old man who is featured in so many different cultures. All this is missing for my ideal Nicholas is a Mitre (any of you customizers out there gonna do a Mitre for ol' Nick?), and maybe his crosier (though the staff here is pretty close to the traditional crosier from folklore).

I'm really impressed that they managed to make this take versatile enough that he could fit into many different culture's versions of "Santa". He is instantly recognizable to almost anyone who comes from any country with a St Nicholas/Father Christmas/Father Frost/Santa tradition. I'm excited to have him on my shelf, keeping his Krampus entourage in check as they head out to separate out the naughty from the nice.
+1 to all of this

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”