Four Horsemen - Figura Obscura

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
SuperWeirdo
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Figura Obscura

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:21 am

Odowan wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:59 am
I wasn't planning on a $120 impulse buy tonight, but wow. This looks fantastic, and will go great on my horror shelf. I'm glad I happened to look here when I did or I'd have never known about it.
You gotta sign up for their email newsletter if you want to be in the know. That’s the only place this figure was announced just yesterday, so we got 1 day notice. Their social media accounts mentioned it after it was already on sale, but the newsletter was the only early heads up. Glad you got one!

https://store-horsemen.myshopify.com/pages/newsletter
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:31 am

Honestly only wanted the horse, but I do love the legend of Sleepy Hollow. He looks great in all the kitbashes, too. And it will only appreciate.

Can't really lose with this set.

Well. My wallet can.
Shoretrooper69
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:51 am

I'm still trying to figure out where that mold line or whatever is coming from above the mouth of the flaming gourd.

It's more distracting than, like, bad. But it's a great figure overall. The bigger variable is what the horse alone aftermarkets for. Some people may want to sell it off and trade up to the more obviously undead Phobus.
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:59 am

Got mine! Finally a new mythic legions figure for me! This set is INCREDIBLE. I have always loved the story, the legend, I remember I watched the Johnny Depp movie when I was a kid and loved it so much. My dad got the mcfarlane set with the horse and the tree. Man I loved that figure, but unfortunately my mom thought it was too dark and twisted and threw it or gave it away lol. Still hurts to this day, but now it'll hurt way less with this amazing piece! I'm planning to build a custom base with some ruins and a tall and twisted tree just like in the movie.

Also love the box art and the reference to the disney short movie. I also grew up watching that so yeah, this figure means a lot to me xd. Gonna have to wait a few months to get it since I ordered it be sent to relatives in the US, but I prefer the wait to have to deal with the terrible customs in my country.
Corn Viper
Super Poseable

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:53 pm

Hopefully we get a regular release version like Krampus. I need more time to spend $120 on one item.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:43 pm

Looks like he's still available for anyone who may have been on the fence.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MrMisterSaturn
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:50 pm

Nebraska wrote:

Around 200 units left. Will probably sell out this morning.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:08 pm

Well there goes my Halloween decoration budget, haha.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:05 pm

Ahhh, heck. I bit the bullet and ordered. Halloween is my favorite time of year, and the HH is one of my favorite spooky characters. The Burton movie is a tradition each year, and I'm even spending Halloween in Sleepy Hollow this year, so I figured why not? It's a beautiful set that may never be offered again. I don't have many Four Horsemen figures- just a few Mythic Legions from way back, but I've always marveled at them. My wallet is hurting, but I'm still happy.
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:02 pm

MrMisterSaturn wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:50 pm
Nebraska wrote:

Around 200 units left. Will probably sell out this morning.
How are you seeing this? I can't find the stock in the code.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:22 pm

Thankfully this finally sold out, so I didn't end up buying one. Hit all the right notes for me, but I don't have room for it right now, so I held out!
Shoretrooper69

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:50 pm

Here's me just realizing the shirts are sold off-site. But a nearly criminal lack of tank tops at Retro Rags.

Now begins my 449 day lookout for Headless Mooseman.

Oh but what if they also made a light armor female Rider? It would obviously have to be a two-pack with some bigass wolf dude. Maybe a repaint of Cosmic Legions's Zeeri, with more present day belt and boots? This, for reference.

Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:48 pm

The FedEx app shows that I have a package coming from Four Horsemen LLC in NJ. It's scheduled to be here Friday!
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:07 pm

I've always wanted a Headless Horseman figure set, and I figured the McF one would be the closest I'd ever come to owning one....but THIS is what I had hoped for! I'm flat broke, but I just decided to add on to the pile of ever-growing debt and get this set. I knew I'd regret it forever if I didn't. I'm skipping A LOT of releases right now, so that softens the blow a bit.

Between Krampus and the Headless Horseman, the 4H guys are really making some of my favorite characters from folklore...so what is next? Will all the Figura Obscura be holiday based? Or will they center more around folklore and classic ghost stories?
Shoretrooper69

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:40 pm

Dullahan is probably a more likely variant to the horseman. But I would have made it more limited and had horseman as the wider retail release.

Skyrim fans would probably take an arrow in the knee for a draugr or two. Should only need a few new parts.

I'm still liking my Red Riding Hood idea. A nice shot of color but not the cheap red plastic kind that Hasbro likes.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”