Hiya Toys Judge Dredd action figure line

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
piggyv01
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hiya Toys Judge Dredd action figure line

Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:59 pm

They've just shown their 1/12 Rambo and it looks excellent. Great value too. Makes me wish I gave a shit about Rambo. If the Dredd figures are anything like that, we're in for a treat (if you like fabric clothing).
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:37 pm

Man, about three weeks ago I bought threezero Rambo loose parts because I just wanted the forest look with poncho and I preferred jointed arms. Saved about $60, but I may have held off on a 1/6 version
Nik
CROM!

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:41 pm

BBTS sez Dredd and Death are both hitting the ol' PoL soon! Yahoo! Definitely happy for those 2 to be hitting first. I still have 55 or so days left on my oldest item in the pile, but I may ship early just to play with these!
Nik
CROM!

Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:57 am

Dredd and Death are in stock at BBTS right now, y'all! Got em in my PoL, and unfortunately I have to wait to ship it because I also got an email that my pre-order of Metal Slug pullback vehicles is coming soon. Gah! I can't wait!
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:10 pm

Nik wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:57 am
Dredd and Death are in stock at BBTS right now, y'all! Got em in my PoL, and unfortunately I have to wait to ship it because I also got an email that my pre-order of Metal Slug pullback vehicles is coming soon. Gah! I can't wait!
My pair dropped as well, and were the trigger telling me to ship even tho I've only gotten about half of what they've told me is incoming. Eleven items is enough for now, assuming they actually get it in the mail soon.
Nik
CROM!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:49 pm

According to BBTS, Fear, Fire, Mortis and Judge Giant are hitting my PoL soon! I still haven't shipped cuz the Metal Slug cars just hit yesterday, so I guess I'll be waiting a bit longer. Excited for when I do ship, then I'll have 6 figures in this line coming all at once, but I'm gonna have to slowly open them over the course of a week so I give them all their due.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:41 pm

Hope Anderson is in their wake.
AdrienVeidt

Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:15 pm

Got Dredd and Death last Fri and am greatly enjoying them - but Death is by far the better figure. He's pretty much flawless, even with the ball-peg wrists Hiya uses that I absolutely cannot stand. They've seemingly increased the ball size so hands can grip it better so it's not such an issue with these two as it's been for me with some of the Xenos and Preds.

Dredd suffers from his big-ass shoulder pads interfering with his arm movement, which I think is pretty typical for Dredd figures overall due to not making the eagle wings individual chain links and the overall ridiculousness of their design from the comics. Death's pads work better here simply for being less massive.

I'm quite eager now for the remaining Dark Judges and Anderson (I'm getting her with the bike to give to Dredd); but don't have any connection to Giant. Caligula straight-up looks like crap, imho. That's just not a good character design. And I simply hate Hershey's hairstyle on women. Bowl-cuts are hideous in general, and part of why HeMan never worked for me, either.
Nik
CROM!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:47 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:15 pm
Got Dredd and Death last Fri and am greatly enjoying them - but Death is by far the better figure. He's pretty much flawless, even with the ball-peg wrists Hiya uses that I absolutely cannot stand. They've seemingly increased the ball size so hands can grip it better so it's not such an issue with these two as it's been for me with some of the Xenos and Preds.

Dredd suffers from his big-ass shoulder pads interfering with his arm movement, which I think is pretty typical for Dredd figures overall due to not making the eagle wings individual chain links and the overall ridiculousness of their design from the comics. Death's pads work better here simply for being less massive.

I'm quite eager now for the remaining Dark Judges and Anderson (I'm getting her with the bike to give to Dredd); but don't have any connection to Giant. Caligula straight-up looks like crap, imho. That's just not a good character design. And I simply hate Hershey's hairstyle on women. Bowl-cuts are hideous in general, and part of why HeMan never worked for me, either.
What a great idea that I just stole. Cancelled my Dredd with Lawmaster and my Anderson pre-order and ordered the Anderson/Bike combo instead. I was gonna end up with 2 Dredds, and I don't need 2 Dredds. Thanks!
AdrienVeidt

Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:18 pm

In an honorable culture, a man owes his life to the man that saves it. I saved you money, so...
Revox
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:41 am

lmao at the uncultured buffoonery of confusing a classy bob with a bowl cut, Louise Brooks must be doing 9000rpm right now. Simply disgraceful!

Hoping we see something on the planned 6" versions soon as well. Would also be up for 2012 film versions if they can nab the rights, the more sensible shoulder pads might help the articulation issues of the comic ones, plus Anderson looked impossibly cool in that flick.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:02 am

2012 movie figures is like my Silent Hill. In my restless dreams I see that line...
DaThing
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:39 pm

Are they ever going to reveal their 1:12 Dredd figures?
AdrienVeidt

Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:48 pm

Revox wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:41 am
lmao at the uncultured buffoonery of confusing a classy bob with a bowl cut, Louise Brooks must be doing 9000rpm right now. Simply disgraceful!
I agree, it is disgraceful to ruin a woman's looks with those hard ungodly angles.
AdrienVeidt

Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:11 pm

"Listen up, space pervert; Armed Naturism is *three* misdemeanors here in MegaCity One. LIFE IN SOLITARY!"

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”