Hiya Toys Judge Dredd action figure line

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hiya Toys Judge Dredd action figure line

Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:31 am

Anderson and Hershey, though.
Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:26 am

Great news! I definitely hope for Hershey and Anderson soon.. Surprised they're not earlier in the lineup.
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:02 am

Picked up a Hiya Xeno earlier this year, and it didn't make me go nuts and start buying hella Hiya stuff like I kinda hoped it both would and wouldn't, though I am definitely going to get Robocop and The Predator, eventually.

But these? I am take all them. The sausage-finger scale is my favorite scale in action figures, so I'm somewhat less excited for the 1/12ers, but I'm sure I'll get JD, at least. My Pops is a huge Judge Dredd fan, I grew up reading 2000AD every week thanks to him, so I'm gonna buy him every 6 inch figure they make. He's gonna love 2022. Hell, dude loves the Stallone movie for cripes' sake! Glad to have next year's Xmas/Bday sewed up.

Speaking of the movies, if they give us figures from Dredd, I'll be happy as a pig in shit. I adore that movie, and would go absolute bananas over Karl Urban Dredd, Ma-Ma, Anderson and anybody else they wanna make.

Awesome news!
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:51 am

This is great news. Love Judge Dredd. I've got a small Dredd figure display in my toy room and I'm happy to hear I'll be able to add to it. Really hoping Judge Fire will be released, as I passed on the Dark Judges from ThreeA when I knew they weren't going to give us the complete set.
Storm of the Vale
CROM!

Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:47 pm

Nik wrote:

Speaking of the movies, if they give us figures from Dredd, I'll be happy as a pig in shit. I adore that movie, and would go absolute bananas over Karl Urban Dredd, Ma-Ma, Anderson and anybody else they wanna make.

Awesome news!
Dredd & Anderson would be an instant pre-order for me if they ever made those in 1/12, I don't often buy movie figures, but those 2 were so good & faithful to the source material, I'd be super happy to get those characters in figure form.

I'm sure they're going to get around to making comic Anderson, so I can't wait for that too.

Not to mention other characters like the Angel Gang (mainly Mean Machine), Rico Dredd, Tempest, Hershey, ABC Warriors & Chopper & that's just to name a few.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:13 pm

I’ll most likely buy all the Dredd figures in the 1:18 line except any needless variants.

My hope is the line does well enough for them to pursue other 2000ad stuff. Ive always wanted Nemesis the Warlock figures especially!

AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:28 pm

Nik wrote:
Picked up a Hiya Xeno earlier this year, and it didn't make me go nuts and start buying hella Hiya stuff like I kinda hoped it both would and wouldn't, though I am definitely going to get Robocop and The Predator, eventually.
How early in the year? You may have gotten one of the original versions that are very lackluster to the new versions. Are there metal pins in the ankles and elbows or are they injection joints?
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:30 pm

I've been begging for a 1/12th scale Judge Dredd as that is one of the few must haves left in my collection!

I am so excited for this that I will probably buy the 3.75 figures to show support! I did buy the Hiya Injustice figures and thought they turned out nicely!
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:29 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Nik wrote:
How early in the year? You may have gotten one of the original versions that are very lackluster to the new versions. Are there metal pins in the ankles and elbows or are they injection joints?
Must have been the original version, cuz there was no metal pins, and that was one of my complaints, the gummy joints. Glad to hear about the upgrades, I will DEFINITELY be buying some Predator and Robocop stuff knowing that, thanks!
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:16 pm

Nik wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:29 pm
AdrienVeidt wrote:
Nik wrote:
Must have been the original version, cuz there was no metal pins, and that was one of my complaints, the gummy joints. Glad to hear about the upgrades, I will DEFINITELY be buying some Predator and Robocop stuff knowing that, thanks!
This is the Xeno I got:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/127721

The Wolf Pred I got:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/124303

I honestly can't remember if the packaging made the different runs apparent or not.

The only issue I flat-out dislike about Hiya figures are the wrist joints, which are simple pop'em balls. They don't have the 'hold' I prefer and I've been replacing them with Maraduer Task Force spares, esp with RoboCop. I don't see that I have any options for these two aliens, tho.

And I see I mis-spoke above. The pins should be evident in the *knees* and elbows.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:18 am

No Judge Fire still!
Joda
Avengers Assemble

Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:31 pm

Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:34 pm

Got my order in! Too bad Judge Death wasn't put up too, but Im sure he'll come soon enough.
wraith1701
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:34 pm

I’m on the fence with these, but give me a solid 6” Karl Urban Dredd & you’ve got my money.
Joda
Avengers Assemble

Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:04 pm

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”