Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Re: Naughty or Nice Collection - 6" Holiday Action Figures

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:19 pm

Why no Hanukkah Harry!? What does a pirate Santa even represent?
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:38 pm

TENIME_art wrote:Well, sh**, missed the Mythic Legions Krampus. :| The link just 404s now. Any chance on BBTS putting him up?

Also, I'd totally be in for that Jack Frost if the blues were reversed. Dark clothes, light skin. As is, it just looks weird.
I remembered ML Krampus at 8:45 the night he went up, and he was already sold out. Figured that was the universe telling me I didn't need it.
Though it was pointed out in Minday Fwoosh Live that it seems like more than half the Krampuses sold went straight to eBay.

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:47 pm

Guardianmonkey wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:19 pm
Why no Hanukkah Harry!? What does a pirate Santa even represent?
I believe it represents a missed opportunity.

In all seriousness though, a lot of these choices are a bit questionable.

I also worry about FMF taking on waaaaaay more than they can chew. I know this is safer since it's through BBTS, and FMF has a decent reputation, but they have like 100 figures they've pre-ordered this year.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:50 pm

Maybe they've learned their business model from Super7. Solicit way more than you can possibly make and let the chips fall where they may.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:07 pm

ODBJBG wrote:

I also worry about FMF taking on waaaaaay more than they can chew. I know this is safer since it's through BBTS, and FMF has a decent reputation, but they have like 100 figures they've pre-ordered this year.
Well, since it's solicited through BBTS we don't pay until the figures are produced and available - so there's no risk for us. I have to assume BBTS feels comfortable going this route as it would be a lot of money to lay out to be left empty handed.

Regarding Pirate Santa - apparently it's an actual niche thing that people are into - lots of ornaments, nutcrackers, decorations and art dedicated to the idea. I'd never heard of it but I suppose if those at FMF are familiar with the phenomenon that's where the idea for the final figure comes from.

One variant that I think might have been popular (but would have required different tooling so was never going to happen this time around) is Summer Vacation Santa - wearing a Hawaiian shirt and Sunglasses. That's another one I might have gone for if it was offered.

Maybe if this does well enough they'll do more next year and cast a wider net - Mrs. Claus, Father Christmas, etc.

Speaking of doing well enough... The FMF home page shows that Jolly (black) Santa is only halfway to goal to be unlocked. How can this be? I need this guy in a big way. There have to be 200 more people that want one too, right?
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:41 pm

The pirate Santa, I can't help but be baffled. I'm a Christmas nut and have never come across such a thing. But whatever, I guess if there are buyers ...

Is the only way to get the pipe is with the black Santa? It doesn't seem to be included with the accessory pack. I'd be down with buying the black Santa if he were more different than just the default Santa. Then again, memories of the Dif'frent Strokes episode with the black Santa may coerce me!
Doober
CROM!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:28 pm

Guardianmonkey wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:41 pm
Is the only way to get the pipe is with the black Santa?
So far yes. Hopefully they offer a small accessory pack with a pipe/caucasian hand, white gloves and bell.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:38 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Speaking of doing well enough... The FMF home page shows that Jolly (black) Santa is only halfway to goal to be unlocked. How can this be? I need this guy in a big way. There have to be 200 more people that want one too, right?
He's not updating as often as when he started. It may very well be funded by now.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:46 pm

PantherCult wrote:
ODBJBG wrote:

Well, since it's solicited through BBTS we don't pay until the figures are produced and available - so there's no risk for us. I have to assume BBTS feels comfortable going this route as it would be a lot of money to lay out to be left empty handed.
This is true, I just wonder if they're going to come close to meeting any of their deadlines.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:14 pm

I mean, they've got a year, and it seems like they've already got some of their ducks in a row. And I've noticed many toy companies appear to be trying to under-promise and over-deliver when it comes to shipping dates. I mean, the Boba Fett preorder from yesterday has a 12/2022 release date - I highly doubt it will show up that late.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:48 pm

Is Boba Fett an Amazon release? I've noticed in the past that when Amazon doesn't have a release date they just default to December of the next year. If these are funded already, hopefully that means they've started getting to work at the factory. Then again, orders could be cancelled before the end of the year so maybe they won't jump right in until it's all wrapped up (and even then it's still a bit confusing as BBTS isn't planning on charging until it ships, but they must just be forecasting low cancellation totals). If they're going right into production though they should have a reasonable chance to get out by next December assuming there aren't any factory politics at play that could push these to the end of the line.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:33 am

I dropped Sgt Santa and Deluxe Krampus. Sgt. was mainly just for the stogie and Krampus was outdone by Mythic Legion.
kboe1313
Customized

Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:36 am

TFitz wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:33 am
I dropped Sgt Santa and Deluxe Krampus. Sgt. was mainly just for the stogie and Krampus was outdone by Mythic Legion.
Did the same exact thing
Doober
CROM!

Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:00 pm

Pirate Santa has the accessories I am looking for, but at $50 just to get those accessories it's making me rethink this whole line. I'm now on the fence.
thewyldman
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:14 pm

I'll keep my Sgt. Santa and traditional Santa preorders, but I think they're milking the mold way too much. Would've been more interesting if Krampus was more of his own thing.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”