Looking for some suited bodies

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Looking for some suited bodies

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:39 am

What are some good suggestions for "civilian" suited bodies? I've recently found the WWE Basic figure Triple H, and he looks nice with a head swap. I've seen people talk about some of the newer Marvel Legends stuff (from Loki series, Happy & Obadiah, etc). I'm wanting to have some custom Bruce Wayne's, Clark Kent's, Tony Starks, guys in suits that will look good. Unfortunately, most of the guys I want to make usually wear darker colors, so I'm having a hard time finding variety. And I don't want half a dozen Triple H bodies sitting on my shelves lol

I see DST has a nice 'Man in Black' from Dark Tower, dressed nice but not too fancy, are those heads removable?

I'm new to the customizing game, so my apologies for the question...the obvious answer seems to be "search eBay for it" but I just can't seem to find anything. Lots of Owen Wilson Loki figures, but these guys wouldn't wear his color & I don't want to get into painting yet. And I've heard wrestling figures work well for this, but all I can find is Triple H in a black suit (bought him right up).

Thanks all!
Grins
Avengers Assemble

Re: Looking for some suited bodies

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:49 am

Fortnite figures. I have a couple of white suited mooks with older ML heads on them.
Grins
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:54 am

Oof! The white suited figures are pricey now. They also have one in a red suit that's more reasonable.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:59 am

Look at Buffy figures - Buffy Watcher Wesley is in a suit and common, the Angel Deluxe figure wears a suit, the Angel Lorne figure is in a variety of suits, one of the Giles figure is in a vest/khaki pants combo - lots of options. :)
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:14 am

Grins wrote:Oof! The white suited figures are pricey now. They also have one in a red suit that's more reasonable.
Fortnite, that's a great call! I will look at the red, I have seen the white getting up there. Thanks!
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:17 am

JPC wrote:Look at Buffy figures - Buffy Watcher Wesley is in a suit and common, the Angel Deluxe figure wears a suit, the Angel Lorne figure is in a variety of suits, one of the Giles figure is in a vest/khaki pants combo - lots of options. :)
I didn't know DST made any Buffy/Angel figures, I think I have some hunting to do. Thank you!

Are these the standard DST scale (similar to McFarlane DC), or smaller 6" (like ML?) ? Are the heads easy enough to swap, or do I need to bust out the dremmel?
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:19 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:14 am
Grins wrote:Oof! The white suited figures are pricey now. They also have one in a red suit that's more reasonable.
Fortnite, that's a great call! I will look at the red, I have seen the white getting up there. Thanks!
Jazwares as a Fortnite 2 pack out right now of black & white suited figures for about $40 I think.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:59 am

The Macfarlane Hero Academia All For One Figure. It’s a great suited figure but you’ll need to find another arm to replace the mutated one unless you buy the pricey variant.

McFarlane - My Hero Academia 7 Figures Wave 4 - All for One

Wow after checking Amazon he’s going for $5.70 on Amazon Warehouse right now!!! I just bought 2 more! Great price for a great figure!

I’ll add a mechanical arm or something.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:42 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Are these the standard DST scale (similar to McFarlane DC), or smaller 6" (like ML?) ? Are the heads easy enough to swap, or do I need to bust out the dremmel?
They are 6", not 7" like most modern DST lines, although the Angel figures definitely get taller as the line goes on - Lorne and Wesley were taller with small heads. All of the heads from DST are ball joint except for Willow/Tara/Anya. The Deluxe heads are hard to remove without breaking the joint.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:30 am

JPC wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:
They are 6", not 7" like most modern DST lines, although the Angel figures definitely get taller as the line goes on - Lorne and Wesley were taller with small heads. All of the heads from DST are ball joint except for Willow/Tara/Anya. The Deluxe heads are hard to remove without breaking the joint.
Thank you for the heads up (pun.....intended? Possibly lol). I did notice that Wesley appeared to have a bit of a small melon, but I ordered a few in different outfits. Thank you for pointing these out, I never knew they even existed. Somehow never came up in searches.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”