McFarlane Image 30th Anniversary Line

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:28 pm

It is the 30th Anniversary of Image Comics in 2022 and a lot of old favourites are coming back. Characters such as Shadowhawk, Witchblade, Darkness and Prophet are getting new comics.

With McFarlane releasing a new, and seemingly popular, Spawn line it got me to thinking about and being hopeful for a 30th Anniversary line.

Savage Dragon is still going strong and nearing 300 issues and there is the aforementioned titles coming back, it is the perfect time for these characters to get some new figures. And Spawn is hot property again, it’s a great time if you are a fan of early image or a fan of current image.

There are quite a few figures that could find a place in this line;

Spawn- Classic McFarlane version but different to the Kickstarter version

Savage Dragon - reuse potential to get Malcolm Dragon and Paul Dragon versions

Shadowhawk

Witchblade

Darkness

Prophet - I have no doubt Rob Liefeld is going to go heavy on the merchandise since Prophet is getting. A movie. I’m also probably the only person who would like to see a Kirby figure as well

Riplclaw - This one is a bit less likely unless Marc Silversti is working on something for Cyber Force for 2022. I’d also love to see an Aphrodite IX.

Rick Grimes - The Walking Dead practically saved Image Comics and a good 7inch Rick Grimes would qualify for a celebration of Image Comics 30th Anniversary.

With McFarlane Toys working with DC it also gives us the potential of unofficial Image Comics characters in the DC line since they have been used recently;

Grifter - In Batman

Midnighter & Apollo - In Superman & The Authority

And I’ll also add The Maxx since he was in a fairly recent Batman miniseries.

Would you be interested in a 30th Anniversary line for Image Comics?
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: McFarlane Image 30th Anniversary Line

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:23 am

Hell freaking yes! I would take them all. It would be better than great if McFarlane could get this going.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:35 am

I'm more partial to recent Image Books, but most definitely.

I'd be super into Deadly Class and Monstress figures, in particular. And Saga really deserves better than the unspeakable things McFarlane did to them last time around.
lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:10 am

Definitely. Only thing I hope is it doesn't become confined to the early Image creators contribution.

They have/had some of the best titles in the past 15 years.

Any and all East of West figures made are bought on sight and day one pre-ordered.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:31 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:I'm more partial to recent Image Books, but most definitely.

I'd be super into Deadly Class and Monstress figures, in particular. And Saga really deserves better than the unspeakable things McFarlane did to them last time around.
For sure. Something that covered the full 30 years of Image would be outstanding.

I’m also rather partial to Geiger and I’d love a figure of that too.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:54 am

Those older Image books are fun for nostalgia’s sake, but I really enjoyed those more recent Prophet & Glory series.

It would be really hard for me to pass up on figures from those books!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:41 am

Misleading thread title is misleading and clickbait-ish. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd love a classic Spawn done as articulated as the new line, as well as a new Dragon. The LCBH figure is nice, but rather dated now.

Shadowhawk would be nice.

I'd love some OG Wild CATS and Youngblood, but those are unlikely to happen (WildCATS possibly in the DC Multiverse line, if it ever veers farther away from Batman).
Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Re: McFarlane Image 30th Anniversary Line?

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:25 pm

Yeah, I'd totally love a new line. Savage Dragon, classic Spawn, Witchblade, and The Darkness are all high on my list of figures I need. (Would totally buy a bucket of darklings..) Would totally also nab Danger Girl, Brass, Shadowhawk, Gen 13, Aphrodite IX, Wetworks, Battlechasers, Youngblood, WildCATS, Crimson, Invincible... if they existed.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:41 pm

Kurt Busiek just announced he's bringing all of his creator owned titles back to Image (they had been with DC/Wildstorm, I guess). I would love, love, LOVE a comprehensive Astro City figure line. If an Image imprint line could license to do figures I would love if Astro City got some attention. Such amazing character designs - so many great characters.
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:39 am

Well yeah, but McFarlane hasn't been interested in the others for some time. I really want Youngblood and Dragon. I have had it circled on my calendar so to speak for a while, but not expecting anything. Now would be the time to do it though, totally agree.
frymasterak
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:08 pm

Would be crazy to get (though I know they arent all image anymore)
1. Classic Spawn
2. Savage Dragon
3. The Maxx
4. Shadowhawk
5. Ripclaw
6. BAF Pitt
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:23 am

I’d like some Image figures, but I dont want McFarlane to make them.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:09 am

supreme-d wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:23 am
I’d like some Image figures, but I dont want McFarlane to make them.
This.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:47 am

Why not, who do you think would be better.
I don't think any other company besides NECA could do the characters as they should be done.
NECA I think would have issues doing bigger Image action figures where as McFarlane has done quite a few bigger figures for a few of his lines.
Plus no other company for less than $25 at the 7 inch scale can give you the detailed sculpts I assume you would want for the figures.
Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:24 pm

drkknght64 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:47 am
Why not, who do you think would be better.
I don't think any other company besides NECA could do the characters as they should be done.
NECA I think would have issues doing bigger Image action figures where as McFarlane has done quite a few bigger figures for a few of his lines.
Plus no other company for less than $25 at the 7 inch scale can give you the detailed sculpts I assume you would want for the figures.
I'd be fine with McFarlane making them (and my wallet would be happier), but I feel most Image stuff would be knocked out of the park by Loosecollector. I'd only trust McFarlane to do it well when he can make articulation that's both functional and looks decent.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”