NECA: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons

Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:07 am

Megazarak wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:54 pm
PresidentJuggernaut wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:55 pm
Strongheart looks great, always looking for more knights and I've always liked his look. It doesn't look like the visor of his helmet lowers from the pics we've seen, but I'm hoping it does.
Someone in the comments of the Strongheart post actually asked about that and it was confirmed that it will be able to lower. Definitely happy that's going to be a feature.

Also in the Zarak comments it sounds like that's all he's going to come with? That would be unfortunate, because he comes with less than any other character aside from Grimsword, but Grim's excuse is that he's a brick while Zarak is the smallest character. They seem to want to treat him kind of like an army builder, so including another head or even a masked head would probably go a long way in achieving that. Seems like he could use more gear, too. And double elbows too.
He does have double elbows, look at his render.

Man I too want to see more historically inspired knight figures with plate armor from Neca. With their sculpt, paint and articulation... damn it would even eclipse mythic legions.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:45 pm

Megazarak wrote:

They seem to want to treat him kind of like an army builder, so including another head or even a masked head would probably go a long way in achieving that. Seems like he could use more gear, too. And double elbows too.
Definitely! That is a pet peeve of mine with army builders, they need to come with an extra head if they're not wearing mask so that I can have some variety. A TMNT Foot Solider or MMPR Putty doesn't need to because they're fully masked, but an unmasked goblin dude should have a second head and maybe the hood should be removable. Boss Fight Studio did this right in their Bucky O'Hare line as their army builder Storm Toad figure had two expressions and two pieces of head gear so you could get four different looks right there. Then they added a color variant on top of that.
PresidentJuggernaut
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:33 pm

Megazarak wrote:
PresidentJuggernaut wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:55 pm
Strongheart looks great, always looking for more knights and I've always liked his look. It doesn't look like the visor of his helmet lowers from the pics we've seen, but I'm hoping it does.
Someone in the comments of the Strongheart post actually asked about that and it was confirmed that it will be able to lower. Definitely happy that's going to be a feature.

Also in the Zarak comments it sounds like that's all he's going to come with? That would be unfortunate, because he comes with less than any other character aside from Grimsword, but Grim's excuse is that he's a brick while Zarak is the smallest character. They seem to want to treat him kind of like an army builder, so including another head or even a masked head would probably go a long way in achieving that. Seems like he could use more gear, too. And double elbows too.
That's great to know that it will lower, thanks! And Zarak isn't a character I was as excited about, if he is so meagerly accessorized I'm skipping him.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:17 pm

Strongheart looking amazing with the visor down.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:30 pm

Man I can't wait for this line to just ship already!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Bilbo_Figgins
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:50 pm

This is a dumb question but is Grimsword pronounced GRIM-SWORD or GRIMS-WORD?
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:03 pm

Safe to assume that most fantasy names that include a weapon in the name will have that weapon pronounced in full. Even more so when it's preceded by an adjective describing said weapon or the character. I don't think there's technically anything official, but without a doubt it's GRIM-SWORD.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:25 pm

Bilbo_Figgins wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:50 pm
This is a dumb question but is Grimsword pronounced GRIM-SWORD or GRIMS-WORD?
He's an absolute maniac at Scrabble, so I'd assume it's the latter.
Revox
Here comes a new challenger!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:36 pm

I don’t do 7” lines, and I know almost nothing about D&D outside the cartoon. And yet, somehow as a kid, I had Warduke, Grimsword, Strongheart (never knew that was his name!), the all-white paladin, and some wee dwarf dude with a blue beard. And as soon as I saw Warduke, the memories came flooding back and I had to pre-order him, 7” or no. So hype to get hold of these guys, and would love it if NECA do the cartoon crew too.
bgiles73
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:53 am

Woohoo! I got my shipping notice that the AD&D Lost Wave 4 packs that I ordered have shipped and should be to me by this Saturday! I can’t wait. I sure hope NECA will do a lot more of these in the future. I also hope their 7” scale stuff isn’t too far from shipping too!
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:09 pm

bgiles73 wrote:Woohoo! I got my shipping notice that the AD&D Lost Wave 4 packs that I ordered have shipped and should be to me by this Saturday! I can’t wait. I sure hope NECA will do a lot more of these in the future. I also hope their 7” scale stuff isn’t too far from shipping too!
I got excited when I saw "shipping notice" in your post and then I realized it wasn't for the 7" line, which is the one I'm waiting for. Rats!

bgiles73
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:50 pm

Mister Skeezler wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:09 pm
bgiles73 wrote:Woohoo! I got my shipping notice that the AD&D Lost Wave 4 packs that I ordered have shipped and should be to me by this Saturday! I can’t wait. I sure hope NECA will do a lot more of these in the future. I also hope their 7” scale stuff isn’t too far from shipping too!
I got excited when I saw "shipping notice" in your post and then I realized it wasn't for the 7" line, which is the one I'm waiting for. Rats!

I want them all! Hey it’s a start though. I just hate that it’s looking like all my preorders are going to land at the same time. All this unpredictability is going to sure stop me from doing so again to the extent I have in the future. I just can’t afford to tie money down for so long.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:32 pm

If you like or are even familiar with the vintage figures, I think you will absolutely love the NECA Lost Wave. I mentioned it in my article, but I think these are the best vintage recreations I have seen from a company. Everything is spot on, and if you put these in a pile with mint versions of the old figures, I would struggle to pick out what is NECA and what is LJN.
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble

Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:10 pm

Mine should be here today. Can't wait to get a look at them.
Toy Hound
Customized

Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:31 am

I keep forgetting about these. Would be nice to get them soon, we are a good bit away from that March 2022 release.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”