NECA: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Avon
Avengers Assemble

Re: NECA: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons

Thu May 19, 2022 7:20 am

They look amazing, but I definitely want to see how they move in a video before taking a punt. Can’t see warduke getting much range at the torso or hips.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Wed May 25, 2022 5:58 pm

Not new 7" figures but an upcoming exclusive. Definitely more one for those who may have collected the old line. This was a wave shown off but never released back in the LJN days.
Edit: just saw that this was posted on the front page, so here's that link http://thefwoosh.com/2022/05/neca-dunge ... four-pack/

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 6:18 pm

Those are cool. But they'll just make me want to track down the other original D&D figures. I wonder if they're going to reissue them as well?
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 25, 2022 6:50 pm

Another swing and a miss for NECA and DnD, in my opinion. I would *love* that Kelek but the other figures are not for me.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 7:07 pm

Bah....these are definitely not for me. I'm all about the 7 inch D&D figures they have announced so far and was initially hoping these would be similar. I have no use for 4" scale figures at all.
KvHulk
Super Poseable

Wed May 25, 2022 7:53 pm

/sigh
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 8:17 pm

I LOVE this idea, but unfortunately it's a property I have no interest in.
bgiles73
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 26, 2022 3:51 am

Ash Talon I am definitely hoping they are considering releasing retro figures of AD&D too. I collected them as a kid and really loved them! I like the 7” figures too they are outstanding but I would love to get a second shot at those figures from my childhood. I hope they will do the cartoon characters in both formats as well and I hope they will do figures like Drizzt and many others. A retro mindflayer would be incredible!
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 6:40 am

I like the idea behind it with a “lost” wave but like others I have only a few of the originals and I’m not really looking for 4” figures like this. I would only want Skylla out of the bunch but rather have her in 7” scale.

More D&D 7” figures please.
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 26, 2022 12:41 pm

Well, I have all of the originals and absolutely LOVE this idea. Can't wait. Bring 'em on.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 2:20 pm

Seems like everyone is getting in on the retro, five POA, type of stuff now especially with prices going up. At least this offering from NECA feels more specific, and thus more relevant, even if it isn't something I am personally into. I'm curious if they'll attempt similar stuff with their other properties, though I can't think of one off of the type of my head that would make sense for this sort of thing (and in a way, their Toony Terrors already is of a similar idea and the Kenner style aliens).
bgiles73
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri May 27, 2022 5:46 am

Misfit wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:20 pm
Seems like everyone is getting in on the retro, five POA, type of stuff now especially with prices going up. At least this offering from NECA feels more specific, and thus more relevant, even if it isn't something I am personally into. I'm curious if they'll attempt similar stuff with their other properties, though I can't think of one off of the type of my head that would make sense for this sort of thing (and in a way, their Toony Terrors already is of a similar idea and the Kenner style aliens).
Actually NECA first started off doing 5 POA reproduction figures of the original 1984 Tron figures and light cycle, true they also did some incredible Hellraiser figures too that gave McFarlane’s Movie Maniacs some “stiff” - no make that some fully articulated competition! NECA also does 8” Mego style figures. So throwbacks to old 80s goodness is in no way unusual for them. As a gamer of Dungeon’s & Dragons from way back I really love both the very awesome 7” Characters that have been shown and I feel really nostalgic looking at these awesome figures. They take me back to some really fun times and there’s no harm in having a little something for everyone!
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 5:18 pm

I had the original figures as a kid. If i still had them, I would order these without question!

It kind of feels pointless to me to get them without the other figures, but Im happy to see them being made. It's a cool idea and great for the collectors of the LJN line. If NECA were able to re-release the other figures, I think I would buy the whole collection.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 7:33 pm

I recently reunited my figures with a good amount of their weapons because everything was scattered around various boxes or bins. The sad part, I no longer have my Fortress of Fangs.
felgekarp
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 28, 2022 12:58 am

I have a box of the original figures I got off of ebay some years ago, when you could get stuff like that relatively cheap so I wouldn’t mind picking these up.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”