NECA: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Detrimental_Fig
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:26 pm

Yeah, that's kinda nuts. I've gotten tons of their figures just over the past few months even and haven't had any issues like that. I HAVE seen the issue with the Bebop and Rocksteady, and I think that's a design flaw/plastic flaw they need to address.

I'm not even sure how the Super Shredder could have a broken leg at the waist? The ball joints really take away any stress there. Hell my Ming, outside of some stuck bicep swivels was fine out of the package too. And I think every single movie TMNT figure moves like a dream. Except for like, the weird sharply sculpted lower joint on the Foot. But that's a sculpt thing.
JordanRH
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:46 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:26 pm
Yeah, that's kinda nuts. I've gotten tons of their figures just over the past few months even and haven't had any issues like that. I HAVE seen the issue with the Bebop and Rocksteady, and I think that's a design flaw/plastic flaw they need to address.

I'm not even sure how the Super Shredder could have a broken leg at the waist? The ball joints really take away any stress there. Hell my Ming, outside of some stuck bicep swivels was fine out of the package too. And I think every single movie TMNT figure moves like a dream. Except for like, the weird sharply sculpted lower joint on the Foot. But that's a sculpt thing.
Yeah, I have the original Super Shredder too and that was fine apart from the stiff hand pegs, I guess the Stealth version I bought was a dud. Yeah, my movie turtles are stiff asf, I'm scared of bending the arms as it feels like the joints are going to tear. As for the Defender figures, my mate had broken joints too this is probably because NECA likes to paint over the joints. :(

Tbh, I'm pretty much done with NECA now and have started selling off my collection, imho they make good looking figures but the QC is just not there. However, I am going to keep the core characters from the cartoon TMNT line and the Mirage line figures. :D

In terms of good quality, sculpt and articulation working together I don't think that NECA has come close to their original Mirage TMNT line, and if they were pin-less, had ankle rockers and double jointed arms they would be pretty much perfect (to me).
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:43 pm

I know the main LJN D&D line is what most people want figures from but I hope NECA includes some characters from the mini lines as well.They definitely need a modern updating.

The Bullywugs
Skeleton Soldiers
Goblins
Orc Warriors
Skyla

bgiles73
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:55 am

Reefer Shark wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:14 pm
Yeah, those last two images are definitely what comes to mind when I envision Warduke.

I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg with AD&D figures. Betting more companies will jump in, especially if these sell well for NECA.
I hope this last statement is true. I would love to see Jazzwares give us a line of 4” D&D in the same style as their Fortnite and Halo lines. I’m sure the character selection would go really deep into D&D just like the Fortnite line has with that property!
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:23 pm

bgiles73 wrote:
Reefer Shark wrote:
Yeah, those last two images are definitely what comes to mind when I envision Warduke.

I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg with AD&D figures. Betting more companies will jump in, especially if these sell well for NECA.
I hope this last statement is true. I would love to see Jazzwares give us a line of 4” D&D in the same style as their Fortnite and Halo lines. I’m sure the character selection would go really deep into D&D just like the Fortnite line has with that property!
Dude, that would be really awesome! Im on such a jazzwares high right now with their Halo line, a 3 3/4" DND line from them would be perfect! They could give us affordable Dragons that are actually in scale with the figures, dream come true right there. A more accessible and affordable fantasy line is exactly what I want!
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:55 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:23 pm
bgiles73 wrote:
Reefer Shark wrote:

Dude, that would be really awesome! Im on such a jazzwares high right now with their Halo line, a 3 3/4" DND line from them would be perfect! They could give us affordable Dragons that are actually in scale with the figures, dream come true right there. A more accessible and affordable fantasy line is exactly what I want!
I would buy everything they would make for sure. I wonder who at Hasbro or at Jazwares we could convince to make such a line happen. I like the idea of 7” figures to, but I just think smaller figures would lend itself to being able to recreate some epic battles. That and I have yet to have a Jazwares figure break on me. I have had really bad luck with NECA if I so much as breathe in the figures direction. Not all of them but some.
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:38 am

This guy right here just oozes a sense of D&D ambiance! I hope it’s at least considered by the folks over at Hasbro. Maybe drop Warduke into the Fortnite game to test the waters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reefer Shark
CROM!

NECA: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons

Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:04 pm

bgiles73 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:38 am
This guy right here just oozes a sense of D&D ambiance! I hope it’s at least considered by the folks over at Hasbro. Maybe drop Warduke into the Fortnite game to test the waters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh man, totally! There's actually been a few figures in the Fortnite line that look like the came out of a D&D handbook. There was one female evil knight type character that came in a box set, that is absolutely my favorite in the line. I got her just to go with the Boss Fight medieval stuff. Jazzwares could definitely pull off an amazing fantasy line, no doubt!

*Edit*
pic of the fortnite figure I was talking about above:

Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:02 pm

Taking another look at the figures NECA posted, I'm wondering if the elbow and knee articulation is final yet. Warkduke has single-hinge for both his unarmored limbs, but his armored limbs don't look like they have any articulation in place at all yet.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:15 pm

The armored piece doesn't look final, unless they're trying an overlay, but I don't see NECA doing that. The bare arm may remain a single hinge though as they're double-jointed elbows don't always look great on bare arms unless they're monstrous like Goliath. Warduke may follow in the footsteps of the new Casey Jones which just has single hinges.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”