NECA: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
kboe1313
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:15 pm

You guys think BigBadToyStore, or Entertainment Earth will carry these? NECA's shipping is a little high
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:59 pm

kboe1313 wrote:
You guys think BigBadToyStore, or Entertainment Earth will carry these? NECA's shipping is a little high
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/179319
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/179320
kboe1313
Super Poseable

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:10 pm

Aleks wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:59 pm
kboe1313 wrote:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/179319
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/179320
Heck Yeah! Not having to pay till March 2022 makes the decision much easier!
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:13 pm

Surprised at the price. Granted, BBTS probably has a small markup.

Also surprised they started with two bad guys instead of one bad guy and one good guy.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:21 pm

I was expecting some fancy press shots showing the figures off a bit, but assuming these are prototypes they probably can't move all that well. But Grimsword's knee and elbow armour in particular seems like they'll be extremely limiting, so I was curious to see how much he could actually move.

I'm still pretty bummed about the single joints. For Grimsword they could have been handled like the movie turtles. For Warduke, if having NECA's recent style of double joints on bare skin is such a bother just do them like the Defenders of the Earth. Warduke probably could also stand to be a bit more muscular.

There were these 2 new shots from the BBTS listing for Grimsword.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:26 pm

Really surprised we're getting Grimsword over Strongheart in the initial offering. I'm not mad at it since Grimsword is one of the designs from the LJN figures that I most wanted. But definitely surprised they didn't automatically pair good guy vs bad guy.

I'll be honest, while I love these and they were an instant pre-order, I am a tad underwhelmed by War Duke. I think it's the spaghetti arms look. I'm sure it's because I'm conditioned by the super-hero aesthetic of most of my collection, but Warduke looks like he would struggle in a fight against most of the figures on my shelf. These guys will be on a shelf next to MOTU Classics or Storm Collectibles figures and I'm afraid Warduke may end up looking like Steve Rogers before the serum. I love the designs and everything else about the figures is great.

Really wish I had been patient enough to wait for BBTS to list them before ordering directly from WizKids. One thing that really bugged me is the WizKids site says "free shipping on orders over $50" but then charged $14 for shipping. I tried reading the fine print to find out why my pre-order didn't qualify for the free shipping deal, but didn't find it.

Evan so - these two are ordered and I will happily pre-order any and every AD&D character they produce... especially if they keep doing the LJN figures. I would love to reproduce that entire figure line in 1/10 scale.
Joda
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:35 pm

Guardianmonkey wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:55 pm
Warduke just looks wrong. I don't understand how it can be so "right" but also wrong at the same time. All the proper elements that make up the character are there, they just look totally off with this figure. I've been wanting a good Warduke in 1/12 scale (or close to it), I even bought the Mythic Legions almost-Warduke. But this doesn't scratch that itch. It almost looks like somebody snuck in while Warduke was showering, stole his clothes, and went to a renfaire.
I am right there with you. I always wanted a modern Warduke figure, but this sure as Hell isn't it. After seeing the Mythic legions homage, this is a big step down. Is it the proportions? I don't know, it's just... not right. Hopefully I can articulate why in a future post. But for now, it's safe to say that my refusal to purchase any more NECA products is holding fast. :lol:
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:35 pm

I started playing D&D a bit in the last few years, but I'm not sure who these guys are. I'll admire them from a distance and potentially jump in when I like the character designs more.
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:45 pm

http://www.toyarchive.com/Dungeons&Drag ... gures.html

Give me all of 'em. And make Pulvereye and Valkeer while we're at it since they never got figures back in the day.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:11 pm

I love the simplicity of the name "Grimsword." Makes me very eager for his fellow warriors, Madaxe and Pissedshield.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:20 pm

I've never been a fan of Neca human bodies, and these just don't look good to me. Luckily I'm not a D&D enthusiast, so that makes these an easy pass. Especially for as much as they want for them. Wow!
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:24 pm

Kids sometimes have a random figure and nothing else from that line. That was Warduke for me, Loved the original. To those who say they're disappointed with how it looks, what's wrong with it? To me, it looks like a very faithful update of the original figure.
Detrimental_Fig
CROM!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:28 pm

I am really impressed with how these look, these are how you do an upgrade! I think I'll have to get Grimsword, but Warduke looks amazing too.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:10 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:11 pm
I love the simplicity of the name "Grimsword." Makes me very eager for his fellow warriors, Madaxe and Pissedshield.
Yes all the early D&D stuff has that sweet simplicity that I love.

Compared to the new Mythic Legions stuff that I would need a translator just to remember their names.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:11 pm

Mongoose wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:24 pm
Kids sometimes have a random figure and nothing else from that line. That was Warduke for me, Loved the original. To those who say they're disappointed with how it looks, what's wrong with it? To me, it looks like a very faithful update of the original figure.
These look fantastic as homage figures to an old toy line.Can’t please everyone.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics