Super7: 2001 ULTIMATES!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
Nik
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:29 pm

Super7: 2001 ULTIMATES!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:08 am

I'm quite surprised to not be able to find any discussion for this just-announced line, but I'm pretty damn excited!

http://thefwoosh.com/2021/09/super7-200 ... pre-order/
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2247
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:53 pm

Super7 2001

Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:14 am

This announcement definitely piqued my interest, but I have a lot of outstanding preorders with Super7 at the moment. I’m curious what they will do with the property.
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 22605
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: Super7 2001

Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:30 am

Nik wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:08 am
I'm quite surprised to not be able to find any discussion for this just-announced line, but I'm pretty damn excited!
I'm not. :wink: I never once thought, after watching the movie, "I need action figures from this movie."
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1444
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Re: Super7 2001

Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:54 am

Can't wait for Ultimate Monolith!
User avatar
Nik
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:29 pm

Re: Super7 2001

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:12 am

TFitz wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:30 am
Nik wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:08 am
I'm quite surprised to not be able to find any discussion for this just-announced line, but I'm pretty damn excited!
I'm not. :wink: I never once thought, after watching the movie, "I need action figures from this movie."
I was gonna say that stinks for you, but then I realized, I think "I need action figures from this [blank]" every time I watch/play/read pretty much anything, and I spend way too much money making those thoughts a reality, so maybe you've got the right idea there.

Teach me your ways, wise one, before I spent 55 dollars on the Super7 Ultimates Monolith!

In all seriousness, I'm just glad we finally have an option other than all of those expensive Mafex astronauts.
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 22605
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: Super7 2001

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:25 am

One of the greatest things about our hobby today is things like this happen. You can say "There's something for everyone" and it's pretty much literally true.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2886
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: Super7 2001

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:33 am

I remember a trillion years ago Thinkgeek made a Monolith inaction figure as a gag gift. Wonder if S7 is going to go for the same thing with their ReActions.

There's been a strong temptation in my heart to pick up the Mafex astronauts even though I've all but abandoned 1/12. So seeing news of potential 1/10 goodness is lifting my spirits some. We'll see what develops, as always.

Also, interestingly enough, the green Mafex space suit is roughly S7 Ultimates-priced at BBTS. If anyone is interested.
User avatar
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:47 am

Re: Super7 2001

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:36 am

I think astronauts and spacecraft representative of modern or close to modern spacecraft are neglected for the most part. Sure Lego has a few really great NASA craft, but there’s no Matt Mason or Space 1999 toy lines around today. I am happy to hear about this 2001 line and I hope the sequel 2010 might get a few figures too. I would love for Super7 to try to do some of the Space Ships and Vehicles from the movies too. Maybe they could do something similar to what DST did with Star Trek ships. If not though I will definitely look into getting models of the 2001 ships to display with the figures. I wonder if we will get a figure of Dave Bowman as The Star Child?
User avatar
felgekarp
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Re: Super7 2001

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:09 pm

Space Suit Homer getting an immediate re-use I see!
User avatar
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1506
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:08 am

Re: Super7 2001

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:42 pm

TFitz wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:30 am
Nik wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:08 am
I'm quite surprised to not be able to find any discussion for this just-announced line, but I'm pretty damn excited!
I'm not. :wink: I never once thought, after watching the movie, "I need action figures from this movie."
Maybe the stewardesses in their velcro shoes.
dogtownbrigade
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 pm

Re: Super7 2001

Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:21 am

I'd actually be somewhat interested if they're doing reactions.
User avatar
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 21930
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:45 am

Re: Super7 2001

Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:28 am

I bought all the Mafex and I'll buy anything from this too.
User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Super7 2001

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:39 pm

citysushi wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:54 am
Can't wait for Ultimate Monolith!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 9317
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Re: Super7 2001

Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:40 pm

bgiles73 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:36 am
I think astronauts and spacecraft representative of modern or close to modern spacecraft are neglected for the most part. Sure Lego has a few really great NASA craft, but there’s no Matt Mason or Space 1999 toy lines around today. I am happy to hear about this 2001 line and I hope the sequel 2010 might get a few figures too. I would love for Super7 to try to do some of the Space Ships and Vehicles from the movies too. Maybe they could do something similar to what DST did with Star Trek ships. If not though I will definitely look into getting models of the 2001 ships to display with the figures. I wonder if we will get a figure of Dave Bowman as The Star Child?
I wish Hot Wheels had continued to make Martian rovers and such.
User avatar
bgiles73
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:47 am

Re: Super7 2001

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:34 pm

Those Mars probes were cool too but nothing quite near as imagination capturing as having a human flight crew. I remember that toyline from the 80s - Starcom. I sure wish some company would revive that line and expand upon it. It just doesn’t feel like kids are really inspired by Space Exploration anymore. I just don’t understand the lack of interest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”