Super7 Simpsons

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7 Simpsons

Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:29 am

I like the wave don’t love it but like it I’m really excited for a Simpsons line though but I can see why so many people are disappointed so far
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:36 am

On the site it says the aliens are 8 inch tall, im fine with that height. price is doable for me. if i bite the bullet, i wanna buy Kodos, he has the better heads. dont care for the other figures. If they ever do Apu, im buying it. I have Apu from the old playmates line.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:36 am

Night Wolf wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:36 am
On the site it says the aliens are 8 inch tall, im fine with that height. price is doable for me. if i bite the bullet, i wanna buy Kodos, he has the better heads. dont care for the other figures. If they ever do Apu, im buying it. I have Apu from the old playmates line.
Kodos is female and Apu got canceled so I doubt we see any more merch of him now :cry:
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:14 am

Kane and Kodos have to be like, 12 inches up to the top of their domes. Unless Burns is way shorter
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:45 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:26 pm
I'm disappointed that there is no Simpson in this wave. Next one better give us both Marge and Lisa.
Maggie's a Simpson.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:48 pm

I'm just thinking out loud, but I do sort of wonder how popular this line could have really been from the start. World of Simpsons figures are aplenty at just about every LTS or antique store I go to. I'm not sure the venn diagram of action figure collectors and Simpsons collectors has that much overlap.

That being said, in spite of the price I'm still tempted by Kang and Kodos. I think they'll just have superb "shelf presence".
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:27 pm

If I had a large collection of WoS figures I don't think I'd be that interested in this line, unless select figures were to scale well. I just don't think the big advantage this line will have over it (articulation) matters much for Simpsons, but maybe Super7 will prove me wrong.
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:10 pm

World of Simpsons figures have very little appeal to me, but I appreciate the scope of the line and seeing all of them put together. But the static poses with pretty useless articulation is what kills it for me. They're like the Little People figures. Many can't hold their accessories and if you put two figures together they just look dead and toy like. Why give Bart a skateboard if he can't ride it? He looks silly just standing on it. I appreciate there is an aesthetic here, like classic Star Wars figures, but it's not for me. The promise of a modern line is that you can make Krusty throw a pie, or do a dance, or smoke a cigarette. Plus better sculpting/finishing. Ultimately whether or not Super7 will make something that is worth their price point compared to WoS is yet to be seen. I wish we could see more in-hand figures, even moc ups. The ones they showed of Wave 1 really piqued my enthusiasm, but I'm afraid the finished products might be as shiny and plasticy as the WoS.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:42 pm

AgentLionel wrote:
you can make Krusty throw a pie, or do a dance, or smoke a cigarette.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:13 pm

These can't hold all their accessories either. For example, unless I missed it, Ralph doesn't have a hand to hold the Valentine's Day card.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:07 pm

AgentLionel wrote:
World of Simpsons figures have very little appeal to me, but I appreciate the scope of the line and seeing all of them put together. But the static poses with pretty useless articulation is what kills it for me. They're like the Little People figures. Many can't hold their accessories and if you put two figures together they just look dead and toy like. Why give Bart a skateboard if he can't ride it? He looks silly just standing on it. I appreciate there is an aesthetic here, like classic Star Wars figures, but it's not for me. The promise of a modern line is that you can make Krusty throw a pie, or do a dance, or smoke a cigarette. Plus better sculpting/finishing. Ultimately whether or not Super7 will make something that is worth their price point compared to WoS is yet to be seen. I wish we could see more in-hand figures, even moc ups. The ones they showed of Wave 1 really piqued my enthusiasm, but I'm afraid the finished products might be as shiny and plasticy as the WoS.
I was in the same boat, wanting a new line of Simpsons toys with good articulation, since I missed WoS and they aren't very poseable anyways. I had Moe on pre-order, ready to give the line, and Ultimates in general, a shot. The wave 2 reveal had me ready to add Krusty to my pre-orders, but just as I was gonna place the order, they removed a bunch of accessories from him, and I started having second thoughts.

Then I started seeing in-hand pics of Disney Ultimates and they looked as cheap as the old 90s Disney Store action figures. The plastic looks bootsy, the articulation is incomplete and mofos can't barely stand on their own. Way too many problems for a premium figure line at premium prices.

Of course, I still haunt this thread and peruse the news about this line, just to torture myself, I guess?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:41 pm

Well, I suppose you're not torturing yourself as the first wave will undoubtedly arrive in the hands of reviewers/influencers before they ship to consumers so if they end up exceeding your expectations you'll find out here eventually. And there will undoubtedly still be product available to buy around that time at MSRP, and maybe even clearance eventually if these aren't a hit.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:58 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:48 pm
I'm just thinking out loud, but I do sort of wonder how popular this line could have really been from the start. World of Simpsons figures are aplenty at just about every LTS or antique store I go to. I'm not sure the venn diagram of action figure collectors and Simpsons collectors has that much overlap.

That being said, in spite of the price I'm still tempted by Kang and Kodos. I think they'll just have superb "shelf presence".
WoS was huge when it was happening, though. Everyone seemed like they were buying those.

I do think the meme & strangeness approach with this one is probably the right way to go, though. They're actively looking for shelf presence with a lot of these figures.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:38 am

Burkion wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:14 am
Kane and Kodos have to be like, 12 inches up to the top of their domes. Unless Burns is way shorter
where are you getting that measurement? on the site, it says 8 inches?
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:48 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:37 pm
according to super7's website, the Product Dimensions are as follows:
ralph 4.38"
burns 6.51"
kang 10.95"
kordos 10.95"

so yeah the aliens are huge and the price make sense.

8" inches not 10"

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”