Boss Fight General News

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Boss Fight General News

Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:44 am

I somehow missed the Sam and Max thread, so I'll include that news here. Otherwise, here's a bunch of info from the Boss Fight Facebook Live event tonight that doesn't quite fit in with the other BFS threads.

Sam & Max wave 2 (Scuba Max and Rubber Pants Commandos) are in tooling now. Lots of stuff planned for the brand.

Sunday Morning Comics minifigures are in production now. They're blind-boxed and will be available from BFS when they come out as single blind boxed figures or an entire PDQ. Pre-orders were made available only to retailers.

Bleach
They are not allowed to show anything until it's finalized. Licensing with the Japanese companies is a lot different compared to the US licensors.
They are -roughly- 1:18 scale, but because the characters don't have normal anatomy, they're not actually 4" tall.
Catrina said BFS has 'a few anime licenses' now.

The Little Prince
Arrived in warehouse this week. Will be shipping out after the Zombies finish shipping out.

Factories
BFS has been using the same factory since the beginning. But with the pandemic delays, the smaller factory got hit real hard. BFS has pulled in a few more factories for new projects so as not to overwhelm the original factory, and get things moving more quickly in general.
Things were especially slowed down because their on-site rep lives in Hong Kong and hasn't been allowed to cross the border for a year.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Boss Fight General News

Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:00 am

Do you know what anime licenses they have?

I don’t really follow a lot of BFS but if they started getting anime I’m in to (GitS, Ninja Scroll, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Akira) I’d really be interested.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:04 pm

TheFallen wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:00 am
Do you know what anime licenses they have?

I don’t really follow a lot of BFS but if they started getting anime I’m in to (GitS, Ninja Scroll, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Akira) I’d really be interested.
Bleach is the only confirmed one I’m aware of. They’re likely holding back until they have something they can show or have an idea at when they will, given the backlog. They probably see little benefit in announcing “Hey! We have the Trigun license, but won’t have anything to show you for a year!”
aiborgatel
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 am

It's like BossFight is gonna show something new about their Lucha Libre line
KnightDamien

Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:53 pm

aiborgatel wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 am
It's like BossFight is gonna show something new about their Lucha Libre line
There's actually a thread for Lucha stuff, specifically. And they also showed off a face that's definitely a luchadora. Not sure who it is, though.
KnightDamien

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:37 am

I have failed in my self-assigned role of shameless Boss Fight shill.

Phantom and Tarzan HACKS pre-orders closed today (Thursday the 27th). BFS has been showing off production samples of Phantom and the all-ladies wave of Fantasy HACKS.
Boss Fight has also teased a possible 6 INCH Phantom figure.

Should be some exciting reveals coming up soon in lieu of ToyFair.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:28 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:37 am
I have failed in my self-assigned role of shameless Boss Fight shill.

Phantom and Tarzan HACKS pre-orders closed today (Thursday the 27th). BFS has been showing off production samples of Phantom and the all-ladies wave of Fantasy HACKS.
Boss Fight has also teased a possible 6 INCH Phantom figure.

Should be some exciting reveals coming up soon in lieu of ToyFair.
I've definitely been keeping an eye on their Facebook page. I'm very excited about the all-female Wave 6 of Fantasy, and the possible 6" Phantom.

I hope sometime soon they mention their status on the 2 BBTS Fantasy exclusives, and the other Fantasy figures we had previously seen what feels like forever ago in Wave 6.5 and 7.

Everything they've been showing off looks great though.
KnightDamien

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:58 am

Super Camel wrote: I hope sometime soon they mention their status on the 2 BBTS Fantasy exclusives
Me too. I keep wondering if emailing BBTS might get some kind of update. Expected arrival.. additional pictures of all the accessories..? Something would be nice.
Super Camel wrote: and the other Fantasy figures we had previously seen what feels like forever ago in Wave 6.5 and 7.
I imagine 6.5 isn't far behind 6. We've seen the samples of the new articulation on the 6.5 barbarian already, so he's got to be in production or close to it. Or, knowing Boss Fight, that whole wave might arrive at the same time as 6. I seem to recall them mentioning some things will just show up and won't be pre-order items at all.
aiborgatel
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am

If they came up with showing a 6 inch Phantom I'd be amazingly happy about skipping the Neca's one
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:03 pm

Well, these are disappointing. 5 inch. limited articulation. Ugh.

https://boss-fight-studio-the-store.mys ... ower-stars

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:12 pm

I guess it's good for them to have something that's more of a budget release, but I am one of those collectors that could not possibly care less about 5 POA (or 7, or 8, or whatever these turn out to be) figures. I begrudgingly accepted them as a kid when that's all there was for a brand like Star Wars, but I personally never want to buy another one be it from Super7, Hasbro, Boss Fight, etc. No disrespect for those who like them, like the Tiger handheld reissues of a few years ago, I just can't find any nostalgic attachment for such things.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:33 pm

Yeah, total pass for me on those. I'll stick with my pre-orders for most of those characters in their H.A.C.K.S. line.
stack32
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:58 pm

Does Boss Fight still release action figures or have they moved on to just press releases?
KnightDamien

Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:17 am

stack32 wrote: Does Boss Fight still release action figures or have they moved on to just press releases?
The interesting thing about that is how much stuff is coming that they haven't announced or followed up with yet for the reason you're driving at. They're aware that there's tons of stuff that's just.. MIA right now. They're a small company. There's not much they can do about the delays. They can't just power through them like Mattel or Hasbro.

After all, where's my goddamn April O'Neil, NECA? It's been a year since I pre-ordered that figure. And that's NECA. They're not exactly a tiny company.

So yeah.. they know. But they can't just pump the brakes until everything backlogged at their factories comes through. And in small company terms, it wasn't really that long ago that wave 2 of Series Z came out, and Fantasy 6, as well as Hero HACKS Phantom 1 and Tarzan 1, should all be shipping this quarter. And I think the mini masks and mini cartoon characters came out just recently as well, but I don't collect that stuff so I'm not 100% sure.

Ash Talon wrote: Well, these are disappointing. 5 inch. limited articulation. Ugh.

https://boss-fight-studio-the-store.mys ... ower-stars

I mean... yeah. I'm torn on this. I'm happy for those that like this kind of thing. BFS knows what they're doing and I don't think anyone here can deny that the retro stuff almost always seems to sell. There's a market for it. And the particular form factor of being similar to all the old 5" stuff from the early '90s is actually kind of fun.
But it's really not something I'm interested in and I was a little disappointed that it wasn't ML-style Phantom.
Kassle
CROM!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:42 am

I usually will watch their livestream updates and I get the impression they're a bit gunshy about putting release dates out there after getting burned by factory turnaround backlash and then further impacted by COVID delays. I feel like they are doing their best to bounce back.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”