Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:25 pm

I love the look of the alternate Legion Builder head, but am really trying to stick to only 2 to 3 figures for now and pay more through BBTS just to avoid being charged right now. Maybe I can stretch it to 3 to 4 just for a Legion builder...
JordanRH
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:47 pm

Mahtion wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:08 am
JordanRH wrote:More heads are coming!
Looks like each of the 3 legion builders are getting a second head, only 1 has been revealed.

I really like this head, reminds me of Mass Effect Salarians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too. I was hoping to see this head sculpt (it was shown a while back) on a figure, I didn't expect to see it so soon!
yorick_skirata
HULK SMASH!

Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:14 am

Another head revealed, the T.U.5.C.C. Sentries:

4 more days until the deadline. I’ll probably buy mine tomorrow or Friday.

My current line up is:

Kraggnar, Sphexx Commander, both Thygar figures and Zeeri.

This new revealed head is tempting me. I’m curious about the others.

One question: from what I read, I will be able to change my order for 60 days, correct? Does that means including previously not preordered figures? Could I, theoretically, preorder some (let’s say, 3), pay them now. Wait about 30 days to include some others and pay them then?
JordanRH

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:26 pm

All the heads have been revealed and now the bubble helmet for the sentry figure makes sense.
I'm glad they included the second head sculpts as the builder figures were my least favourite in the wave, imo the heads make them a lot more interesting (and I may have to order some more).

Mahtion
Customized

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:30 pm

Agreed they are so much better with these alternate heads. I wonder if the heads are interchangeable?

JordanRH

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:40 pm

Mahtion wrote:
Agreed they are so much better with these alternate heads. I wonder if the heads are interchangeable?

I think so, at least for the sentry and science officer as it appears that they share the same male body type. But damn, the wait on these figures is going to be rough, then again that's the norm these days!
KarlSpace
Super Poseable

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:37 am

JordanRH wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:40 pm
Mahtion wrote:

I think so, at least for the sentry and science officer as it appears that they share the same male body type. But damn, the wait on these figures is going to be rough, then again that's the norm these days!
Yes, all the body parts will be swappable, same as Mythic Legions. Though, the males and female figures can't inter-swap unfortunately.

As i understand, these basic bodies for cosmic should share the same pegs and joint sizes as the mythic legions 1.0 body, while the females from this line share the mythic legions 2.0 body size and type.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:50 am

Global instability,the wait,and some of the character designs have me holding off on ordering an All In. I might regret it in 2 years when these show up but I think I’ll just grab a few right now.
KarlSpace
Super Poseable

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:28 pm

I can really only get 3 of the smaller basic figures shipped to Canada directly from the 4HM if I don't want to get destroyed by the shipping costs, so I'm definitely in for Zeeri and the Sentry, and probably the Engineer? I know there are Canadian retailers who will get them (e-collectibles), but I'd love to get that skull, and get them directly from the horsemen. With shipping, those 3 work out to $45 canadian, so not bad at all.

May pick up the deluxe Thygar from e-collectibles down the road, and maybe the handpacks. Not thrilled with the choice not to release individual hand packs, because I'm going to end up with a bunch of hands I don't need, but, they should be really easy to trade away on the Cabal.
yorick_skirata
HULK SMASH!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:47 am

KarlSpace wrote:I can really only get 3 of the smaller basic figures shipped to Canada directly from the 4HM if I don't want to get destroyed by the shipping costs, so I'm definitely in for Zeeri and the Sentry, and probably the Engineer? I know there are Canadian retailers who will get them (e-collectibles), but I'd love to get that skull, and get them directly from the horsemen. With shipping, those 3 work out to $45 canadian, so not bad at all.

May pick up the deluxe Thygar from e-collectibles down the road, and maybe the handpacks. Not thrilled with the choice not to release individual hand packs, because I'm going to end up with a bunch of hands I don't need, but, they should be really easy to trade away on the Cabal.
I’m also from Canada.

My order will probably be of 6 figures, kraggnar, 2 deluxe, 2 regular and 1 builder.

My shipping through FedEx shows as $58.25 (CAD$ 72.06).

Considering the lower price at FourHorsemen, I’m ok with it. About CAD$ 12.00 per figure.
KarlSpace
Super Poseable

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:51 am

yorick_skirata wrote:

I’m also from Canada.

My order will probably be of 6 figures, kraggnar, 2 deluxe, 2 regular and 1 builder.

Considering the lower price at FourHorsemen, I’m ok with it. About CAD$ 12.00 per figure.
That's not bad but it's pretty dang high. I tried to figure out what was going on with their shipping, and somehow they have the system totally dialed in to every figure box and weight. If I get 3 normal size figures, shipping is $21. If I get two normal and one of the more expensive figures like Thygor (that I assume they're packaging in their deluxe size cardback) it instantly doubles. Seems pretty crazy, but it is what it is I guess. I'll be interested to see what e-collectibles prices them at. I know with the last Mythic Legion Builders wave, they were basically a few dollars cheaper or almost even with the four horsemen, and no worries about getting dinged with a custom fee, so that was a nice surprise.
Mahtion
Customized

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:52 am

KarlSpace wrote:
yorick_skirata wrote:

I’m also from Canada.

It's still crazy high. I tried to figure out what was going on with their shipping, and somehow they have the system totally dialed in to every figure box and weight. If I get 3 normal size figures, shipping is $21. If I get two normal and one of the more expensive figures like Thygor (that I assume they're packaging in their deluxe size cardback) it instantly doubles. Seems pretty crazy, but it is what it is I guess. I'll be interested to see what e-collectibles prices them at. I know with the last Mythic Legion Builders wave, they were basically a few dollars cheaper or almost even with the four horsemen, and no worries about getting dinged with a custom fee, so that was a nice surprise.
Yep that’s the most cost prohibitive part of 4H right now. Even with the mark up BBTS ends up being only a little over when you factor in shipping and not having to pay upfront. The only major consideration or pro to order direct from 4H is getting the product sooner but if you can wait BBTS seems more and more enticing.

docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:49 am

I bought a few more of these than I originally intended, but they really do look like beautiful figures. Tried to limit it to ones I'd most likely keep on display long-term. Still could've cut down on them, but once some of those alternate heads started reminding me of Mass Effect aliens I was more in than I planned on.
minitaur
Super Poseable

Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:20 pm

I wasn't going to go all in as previously discussed here, but when I added up the figures I did want to buy, which was all but 4 of them, the price came to around $440 or so. And I realized for $60 more dollars I can get figures that would likely net me $150 to $200 on the secondary market, assuming I don't decide to keep some or all once I see them, or keep for custom fodder parts.

So... I went all in! With a few extra sentries because those look sweeeeet.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:36 pm

I passed on the All In and decided I didn’t need The Green BOOGA,the suited up Thygar,and Vorgga(for now).

Instead I grabbed extra Sentries and Bug dudes which still took me over $500 with shipping.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”