Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Mahtion
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:15 pm

Jd1000 wrote:I feel like this line is gonna under achieve. There’s so much sci fi stuff out there. Seems the only thing keeping this afloat right now is the exhaustive efforts of the customizers to buy hundreds of dollars of figures just for parts for a couple of extra figures lol.
Even if this is true, customizers buying the bulk of figures would as you say keep the line afloat and not archived. It cant be both sustainable and discontinued at the same time. Is it Schrodinger’s toyline, existing in two states until it’s observed?

I also feel like your point can be attributed as easily to ML since there are tons of fantasy/medieval figure lines out as well and customizers account for a lot of sales currently, especially multiples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:26 pm

They're already almost 3/4 through their goal amount??? Just making things up without any evidence, a Fwoosh tradition.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:11 am

DetectiveHoag wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:00 am
:D
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:12 pm
JordanRH wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:09 pm
If you like army building, Store Horsemen are now offering 6 and 12 packs for the Engineer, Science officer and Sentry figures. Not my thing, but together the 24 would look crazy :lol: e.g. here are some Science officers.

Absolute insanity. Sigh...I don't need both kidneys...
..or both eyes.. or both legs.. or both arms.. or even both lungs. Heck, you could hock your hair too. Sell them all off and buy. Buy! BUY!!
When it’s all over you might look like Slogg, but hey, you’ll have a whole lot of little plastic figures. So it all works out, right?
I already look like Slogg...
minitaur
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:40 am

Do you guys think Cosmic Legions will mix well with Marvel Legends cosmic figures? Like GOTG, Thanos, Haslab Galactus, Silver Surfer, etc, or do you think the detail is too different and will be distracting?
minitaur
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:49 am

I'm on the fence if I should go all-in and then buy a few extras of the ones I want multiples, or if I should only buy the ones I for sure want. The problem with 4Horseman Legions figures is that in the past I've skipped preorders only to see them live, and then overpay. So it might make more sense to buy more than I think I want, in case I do, and any I don't want, keep to resell later, keep to use for custom parts, or keep in case a future figure makes me want to have an older figure to team build.

The all-in price has a discount to individual figures so I didn't do the math but it seems like it's worth it to go all in, even if I dont want them all.

I adore Kraggnar and Slogg and the army builders. I like Zeeri and Olek but don't love them. I do like them enough to buy them though!

The rest are not interesting to me. The bug figures don't seem like they'd fit in with any Marvel Legends Cosmic display (and truthfully maybe none of this line will, due to detail differences). The second Olek seems too similar to the first. The female buck engineers are uninteresting to me. I dont like the look of Vorgga and I can't look at her without hearing Zarya from Overwatch's Russian voice saying "Vorgga, reporting for duty"

I was thinking of being a completionist on the line. I've never been a completionist before since I always got into lines too late. I was going to be a Super7 TMNT completionist but decided against it as the waves progressed in a direction I didn't like. So I was thinking of going all-in plus a few extra army builder dudes. But I have spent a ton of money on toys this year, and even though I can afford it, I probably shouldn't continue on this same path of spending. And I don't have shelf space, I rotate through figures on display, the rest go under my bed in plastic storage containers.

If this were not a new line, if it were a regular Mythic Legions line, then what I do is only pre-order Slogg, Kraggnar, Veeri, Standard Olek, and a handful of Science Officers and Sentries. But because it's a new line with the potential to completionist and the potential for new future figures to team build or parts-swap with these figures, I'm struggling with going all-in or not.

Anyone else struggling with this type of decision?
Mahtion
Super Poseable

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:24 pm

How much longer is the preorder open for?

MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:20 pm

Mahtion wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:24 pm
How much longer is the preorder open for?

About a month I think? It was six weeks and we're what, two weeks into it now?
domu
Also a Shocker Stalker

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:56 pm

minitaur wrote:
I'm on the fence if I should go all-in and then buy a few extras of the ones I want multiples, or if I should only buy the ones I for sure want...
Just get the figures you really, really want.

There's always going to be new stuff coming out. There is no end to being a completionist.
Getting everything doesn't make you any happier. You won't enjoy the hobby any more or less if you buy 5 figures or 25 figures. You'll likely never reach a point where you won't still want something new.

We are all to some extent perfect consumers. Ads don't even need to be targeted at us. We actively seek new things to purchase on a weekly, daily, even hourly basis, visiting forums and Facebook groups and Instagram to see what's new, to find what else we can desire or long for. Then we get it, but we don't stop. We just keep looking for the next thing.

So set some limits (getting only figures you really like is a good start). Accept that you will never have everything you want, and you'll end up wanting less and enjoying what you have more.

This is what I have to remind myself of periodically.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:36 pm

So...this is the third stretch goal reward. It's the skull from, what, last year's teaser? I'm happy to have it. Not what I expected but I'll take it.
Jd1000
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:28 pm

A gold skull? Meh
Mahtion
Super Poseable

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:29 pm

Yeah I was hoping for the actual skull and it could be an alternate head for one of the army builders.

Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 pm

Mahtion wrote:
Yeah I was hoping for the actual skull and it could be an alternate head for one of the army builders.

Agreed. I like the gold skull but it should’ve came with one of the Sentries.

Feels like the Horsemen are cheaping out on the figure pack ins so far.

Oh well.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:17 am

I assume the next goal will be the extra head for Slogg? Who wants to make bets? :lol:
Dek
Super Poseable

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:46 am

domu wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:56 pm
minitaur wrote:
I'm on the fence if I should go all-in and then buy a few extras of the ones I want multiples, or if I should only buy the ones I for sure want...
Just get the figures you really, really want.

There's always going to be new stuff coming out. There is no end to being a completionist.
Getting everything doesn't make you any happier. You won't enjoy the hobby any more or less if you buy 5 figures or 25 figures. You'll likely never reach a point where you won't still want something new.

We are all to some extent perfect consumers. Ads don't even need to be targeted at us. We actively seek new things to purchase on a weekly, daily, even hourly basis, visiting forums and Facebook groups and Instagram to see what's new, to find what else we can desire or long for. Then we get it, but we don't stop. We just keep looking for the next thing.

So set some limits (getting only figures you really like is a good start). Accept that you will never have everything you want, and you'll end up wanting less and enjoying what you have more.

This is what I have to remind myself of periodically.
With absolute sincerity, Bravo, Sir! Bravo!
Samalas
HULK SMASH!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:44 am

Mahtion wrote:

I kinda get both sides to it. I definitely don't care about the coin, and not a ton about the gold skull, but at the same time I understand the need for bonuses that everyone can make use of. If they just did figure specific for every tier you may get nothing out of it if the figures that get extras aren't on your order list.

Kinda locks in Slogg for tier 4 though, curious to see what that will look like.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”