The Big Christmas in July Thread for Christmas Themed Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

The Big Christmas in July Thread for Christmas Themed Figures

Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:47 am

So after being reminded about the Great Memory Lane Toy Co. and all their great animated Christmas figures from almost 20 years ago I’m feeling for a Christmas in July thread for figures we haven’t seen made yet and deserve to be.

Top of my list is Mister Magoo’s Christmas Carol starring the legendary Jim Backus.

A great adaption of the classic tale that would make for great figures with limited articulation.

Magoo as Scrooge
Jacob Marley
Ghost of Christmas Past
Ghost of Christmas Present
Ghost of Christmas Future
Bob Cratchit with Tiny Tim

Next I’d love to see figures from Rudolph’s Shiny New Year done just like the old Memory Lane figures.I was always bummed we never got any from that great cartoon.

Father Time
Rudolph
Happy the Baby New Year
Eon
Big Ben
And the others.

Then I’d just like too see a line of artistic figures done in a classic Victorian style of the characters themselves not from any specific media or art.
Here’s some statues from Tim Bruckner from years ago

Finally I’d like to see something from Todd Macfarlane like he did with the Twisted X-Mas line but maybe not as twisted but more Fantasy based with Krampus,a Barbarian Santa, and other classic X mas characters in a Conanesque setting.

InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Re: The Big Christmas in July Thread for Christmas Themed Figures

Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:16 pm

I second the request for Rudolph's Shiny New Year!

Casimir
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:54 pm

The Cursed Dead line teased a Krampus figure a year or two ago. Looked pretty good.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:07 pm

I am a sucker for Christmas themed toy lines, either Christmas versions of beloved characters or figures from Christmas specials I grew up with. My grail line for Christmas toys would probably be figures based on the Disney shorts Toy Tinkers and Pluto's Christmas Tree. I have the line of Walt Disney collectible sculptures for Pluto's Christmas Tree, but Toy Tinkers doesn't get enough love (probably because of the violence in that toon). I love the porcelain figures, but actual articulated stuff would be a joy. And a Donald in his Santa attire from Toy Tinkers? Yes, please!

mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:50 am

Sorry that the old old Holiday/Christmas display thread got purged - but this is calls "Island of Misfit toys"

So anyone have advice on how to fix battery leakage or screws locked by battery leakage?

1) One of my baby Rudolph (Playing Mantis) figures has dead batteries and I can't open the rusty (likely corroded screw). WD40? or some other liquid?
2) One the corroded batteries come out - how best to clean metal contact points? I've used vinegar, but the metal under the corrosion has lost its plating and looks rusted.
3) Not quite action figure - but are thier any groups with advice on fixing holiday mechanical figures and Lemax villages?

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”