Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:09 pm

Revealed at Power Morphicon today.Image
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Super7: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ULTIMATES!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:28 pm

Looks cool, but already in deep with Hasbro's.
MikeTRobot
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:52 pm

Looks good, but not sure my wallet can handle another Super7 ultimate's line.
Yo.
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:19 pm

Even though I'm satisfied with Hasbro's version I'll pick this Goldar up mainly because I love the multiple hands option on my toys. :lol:

The character selection & price point will definitely limit my choices but I'll probably mix & match between Super7 & LC since the latter is more affordable for army building.

I think we'll soon need another sub-forum for Power Rangers between regular figures, Zords, Hasbro, Super7, Bandai's Mini Pla & eventually Mezco there will be a lot to talk about.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:43 pm

Looks a little too robotic for me.

I’m good with Hasbro. Short of Baboo, Squat, and Finnster, plus Mega and Dragonzords, I’m good.
Child_of_the_90's
Super Poseable

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:33 am

I think I will get this Goldar to go with the put of scale King Sphinx. I did a custom paint job on it and I think this Goldar would pair well if the scale is right.

This is what I wanted Hasbro's Goldar to have. Both wing options, fully painted sword, red paint where it is red on the suit, two head, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:46 am

I'm honestly surprised Goldar was the only figure shown today, I honestly figured that they'd show all of wave one and that the pre-orders would go on sale at the beginning of July. Goldar looks amazing and I can't wait to get him. I can honestly see continuing getting the Rangers via the Lightning Collection and getting the monsters via Super7's Ultimate collection.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:54 am

Goldar's one of the few MMPR characters that moves the needle with me, otherwise I don't really care. So seeing this is pretty cool. I have the Hasbro one but this is something I could definitely see myself buying.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:05 am

...Dammit, I think I'll need this. It's basically what I'd want from a Goldar that the LC didn't deliver on. Full detail, alternate heads and hands...Hell, he'll scale better with the other LC monsters to boot.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:00 am

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great looking… but how is it better than I one I already have?

And yeah “it’s bigger” but Hasbro has the digital file for their Goldar and could re-release him as a $30 monster sized figure if they wanted… I could but two and make them kiss while the original LC Goldar watches for the cost of one ULTIMATES! Goldar…

If Super7 wants to impress me into starting a new Power Rangers collection “Goldar but with shit I’m gonna throw in a drawer and never look at again” might not have been the strongest gambit.
Burkion
Here comes a new challenger!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:22 am

Dr Baghead wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:00 am

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great looking… but how is it better than I one I already have?

And yeah “it’s bigger” but Hasbro has the digital file for their Goldar and could re-release him as a $30 monster sized figure if they wanted… I could but two and make them kiss while the original LC Goldar watches for the cost of one ULTIMATES! Goldar…

If Super7 wants to impress me into starting a new Power Rangers collection “Goldar but with shit I’m gonna throw in a drawer and never look at again” might not have been the strongest gambit.
Better sculpt, better paint, different scale entirely, more accurate, and this one probably won't be a floppy mess.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:07 am

More heads, hands, accessories, better paint.

That said, digital renders are one thing. Final in hand products are another.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:06 pm

It’s clearly better looking than the Hasbro figure, I don’t even consider it a subjective point of view to state that. The paint is better and more accurate and you get more stuff. What’s subjective about the figure is how people feel about the scale, but mostly it’s in the price. It’s better, but is it 30-35 bucks better? Super7 is banking on there being enough hardcore MMPR fans that think an expensive 7” line is indeed worth it, and Hasbro likely assumes casuals will stick with their stuff and that the hardcore will continue to buy both.

As a very casual MMPR fan, I have a complete set of LC Rangers, but I never grabbed any villains. This figure is somewhat on my radar as a result, but I don’t know if I have the appetite for another 55 dollar figure. I want to see what the rest of the line looks like. It makes little sense, but if I like the zord and cherry pick a Green Ranger, then maybe for some reason I’ll be more interested in spending money on Goldar.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:54 pm

Hmmm, very true about the paint…

The Render looks EXACTLY like the LC Goldar, so it was hard to get impressed… but I was looking at my Classics Golden God Skeletor and if Goldar turned out THAT pretty, yeah $60 all day, everyday.

Not a joke, not sarcasm, I realized he’s a different shade of gold than GGSkeles but seriously if he looks that nice, BOUGHT.
starguarded
HULK SMASH!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:12 pm

I'm all-in on these. I was dissatisfied enough with Lightning Collection (missing paint, soft sculpts, weird scale issues, pins) to sell them but this looks amazing. Pricier, sure, but for me I'd rather have less figures that look good than a bunch that I don't feel good about having. And unique character-based accessories are a big thing for me, too, because they increase the display options a lot.

Also the price difference isn't as bad when you consider how Hasbro splits accessories up across releases.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics