CyberFrog Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
Junkpile
one man's trash...
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 6833
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:03 am

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:47 am

poncestar wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:01 am
I wasn't going to contribute to this campaign, but now I'm definitely going to drop at least a $100 so I can help trigger some white middle class millennials!
It's funny that you think anyone anywhere gives a shit what you do.
Go get 'em, toughie! :lol:
User avatar
poncestar
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Texas
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:53 am

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:12 am

Junkpile wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:47 am
poncestar wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:01 am
I wasn't going to contribute to this campaign, but now I'm definitely going to drop at least a $100 so I can help trigger some white middle class millennials!
It's funny that you think anyone anywhere gives a shit what you do.
Go get 'em, toughie! :lol:
Yet you cared enough to respond...Your tears are delicious 😋!
User avatar
Piffy
The Fruity Guy
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Femme ain't afraid of nothin'.
Posts: 20436
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:19 pm

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:08 am

*Your

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Samael13
is way smarter than you
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Bean town...
Posts: 6706
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:13 am

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:44 am

This thread is very confusing. Calling people assholes is apparently fine, but calling someone a piece of shit is somehow a bridge too far? And it's apparently not okay to hate someone over their bigoted acts and their being an asshole because then you're just as bad as them? And nothing used to be political in the past (which rather conveniently ignores that a lot of shit was very political if you were, say, Black/gay/female/etc.).

It's funny how it used to be "vote with your dollar," but now, when people urge someone to vote against an asshole being an asshole, it's suddenly "you'd deprive his child of food? You monster, you're as bad as him!"

Not funny haha, but pretty funny.
User avatar
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1079
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:45 am

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:15 am

Samael13 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:44 am
And it's apparently not okay to hate someone over their bigoted acts and their being an asshole because then you're just as bad as them?
You don't like him because he "hates" people.

So, you "hate" him.

I thought "hate" was a bad thing.

Why is his "hate" worse than your "hate?" By definition, you're a hateful person.

Hate is hate.




(For real, when is this thread getting scrubbed by the mods, it's getting uncomfortable in here.)
User avatar
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:32 am

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:11 pm

Since this topic is already veering way off track I'll chime in and continue the nose dive lol.
Green Lantern is my favorite superhero and that's in due part to Ethan Van Sciver's awesome art.
Why can't people make a separation of the man's comments and his art?
I don't agree with everything Van Sciver says and might even question some of his comments, but I can seperate his comments and his art easily in addition to believing in free speech.
A certain comment might stink, but a new drawing he posted looks great... not that hard to distinguish.
He's not using the money from sales to run drugs, a slave ring or murder people.
Like Trump, if people didn't give Van Sciver so much attention most of his comments wouldn't even be relevant.
As for the Cyber Frog fig(s), I've never read any of it, but Cyber Frog looks like a great base for an alien Green Lantern.
#CollectWhatYouWant

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

User avatar
JTMarsh
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 937
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 am

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:13 pm

I hadn't thought that CyberFrog looks like he might be an alien Green Lantern, but I can see it now that you mention it. My understanding is that this was an older character from an indie book done in the 90s that was brought back out in recent years. That said, my purpose for making the thread wasn't about promoting Van Sciver but to make any fans who did like the old indie book aware of the campaign, and also because it looked like a property that fans of the 80s/90s "mutant animal" properties like TMNT, BattleToads, Street Sharks, Biker Mice From Mars, Samurai Pizza Cats, Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters might be interested in. Aside from being aware that he's a polarizing creator, I don't know all the details surrounding Van Sciver and haven't traversed the rabbit hole that encompasses all the things he's said, who he's associated with in the past, or what his views are; and I didn't point point out the campaign as a means for people to bag on one another. The instances in which I've seen his videos in passing he seems more like a carnival barker who enjoys running a podcast. As stated previously, everyone here's entitled to their opinion, can vet whatever info exists about him on their own, and will likely have their own take on the guy. As such, it's your money, I'm not here to tell anyone how to spend it, merely that the campaign exists for anyone who cared.

That said, :
Image
User avatar
Piffy
The Fruity Guy
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Femme ain't afraid of nothin'.
Posts: 20436
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:19 pm

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:28 pm

"I thought y'all loved tolerance, but y'all won't tolerate my intolerance! So much for the party of tolerance, hurr hurr hurr! Freedumb!"

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 15475
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:52 pm

First of all... it's hilarious to see anyone be like 'it bothered you enough to respond!' like that's a got'cha statement coming from someone that is, themselves, responding to things they didn't like. The [email protected]#$ right-wingers are so deeply ensconced in their own hypocrisy that they're beyond being blind to it. I've never, in my life, met anyone else along the political spectrum with so little self-awareness. "I'm going to respond multiple times in this thread to a discussion, but I'm also going to pretend to be so far above it that it actually doesn't even matter, because I'm a Nazi Hipster and therefore I'm only a piece of absolute human garbage -ironically-! My genius is beyond you people that actually care about the things you say and actually have real principles instead of the principle of 'whatever makes sadness in people I don't like.'
Bunch of pathetic losers that think they impact the lives of others WAY more than they ever actually will.


Also, on a different note, it's weird to me that some people ascribe such a breadth of poor behaviour to 'being an asshole' - and then defend supporting someone because 'there's a lot of assholes and we can't cancel every person that's a jerk.' This logic is so deeply, deeply flawed. As if letting the elevator doors close when you see someone running up and thinking black people are less human than white people (just for example) are basically the same thing; just examples of 'being an asshole.' Patently and offensively ridiculous.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3708
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:07 pm

Every asshole has an opinion.

That’s my opinion. :wink:
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 22246
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:34 pm

os189 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:15 am
Samael13 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:44 am
And it's apparently not okay to hate someone over their bigoted acts and their being an asshole because then you're just as bad as them?
You don't like him because he "hates" people.

So, you "hate" him.

I thought "hate" was a bad thing.

Why is his "hate" worse than your "hate?" By definition, you're a hateful person.

Hate is hate.

(For real, when is this thread getting scrubbed by the mods, it's getting uncomfortable in here.)
First thing is I stand by my assertion that he's a POS person. The vitriol he has spewed to others has earned him that title.

Second thing he's not worth the effort it takes to hate a person. He's just not in my daily thought base. That's why I hadn't checked this thread since my last post days ago. I'd said my piece and that was that.

Third thing I wanted to mention: Earlier, you said: "Also, I'm sorry you think your brother is a POS. I can't imagine going through life having bad feelings about my brothers. They're my best friends."

That's great for you. Truly. Zero sarcasm, as it's hard to tell online.

Unfortunately, I have a brother who is 5 years older than me, that never grew up insofar as has never taken responsibility for any of his [email protected]#$ that are too numerous to go into. EDIT: OK, I'm going to name a few so such a strong statement about my brother can be understood.

As a teen, he had to enlist just to get out of going to jail, and found a way out after basic training. Yet to this day, he goes to VFW and tells actually people that served that he did as well. As an "adult", he refused to pay child support for his daughter to spite his ex. He did end up in jail due to that. He lies as often as he breathes, and literally thinks Trump speaks for God. Oh, and he loves to evoke God/religion to get people to give him money when he needs it, which is often. He's a terrible human. But again, I don't waste my time hating on him. He's just not worth that effort. Honestly, I rarely ever even think of him.
User avatar
Samael13
is way smarter than you
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Bean town...
Posts: 6706
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:13 am

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:44 pm

os189 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:15 am
You don't like him because he "hates" people.

So, you "hate" him.

I thought "hate" was a bad thing.

Why is his "hate" worse than your "hate?" By definition, you're a hateful person.

Hate is hate.
Is this supposed to be clever or enlightening? Because, seriously, this is some facile nonsense. As Piffy pointed out, the idea that tolerant people have to tolerate intolerance is just absurd. Hating someone because they kick puppies is not the same as hating someone because they look different than you do. Hating someone because they burn down churches is not the same as hating someone because they burned your dinner by accident. Hating someone because they're a rampant bigot actively advocating for bigotted policies is not the same as hating someone because they live in a different state.

I don't like him because he's an asshole who engages in homophobic, bigotted behavior and encourages it in other people. I don't *hate* him because, most of the time, I don't bother to think about him, but he's a deeply unpleasant person who uses slurs, harasses people, and actively tries to make the world a worse place on a pretty regular basis, so, yeah, even if I did hate him, his hate *is* worse. Hating someone because they do bad things is not the same as hating someone because they're gay or Chinese or a woman.
(For real, when is this thread getting scrubbed by the mods, it's getting uncomfortable in here.)
The main reason it seems to be getting uncomfortable is that you, by your own admission, seem to to be delighting in this devil's advocate "both sides are bad!" schtick. One side is a homophobe who calls people "F_ggot", rails against diversity, actively encourages people to harass women in the comics industry, and regularly hosts streams where he laughs at racist jokes with his comicsgate buddies, and the other side is "people who think that it's not okay to call people f_ggots, harass women in comics, or tell racist jokes." If you think that those two sides are somehow equivalent, then that probably goes a long way to explain your discomfort, in this thread. Nobody here is threatening this asshole's life. Nobody here is doxxing him (which would be hard, since he's a public figure who actively uses his real name in his asshole posts). Nobody here is suggesting he deserves to die homeless in the streets. "He's a piece of shit and I won't support him, financially," feels, all things considered, like a pretty mild response.
User avatar
poncestar
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Texas
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:53 am

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:16 pm

Make that $200.
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 15475
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:25 pm

Waaaaa.... waaaaaaH! Why don't the stupid libs understand how much I'm hurting their feelings?!
I should buy in as a silent partner in this stupid [email protected]#$ bigot's shitty company and then spend all my time telling poncester what a useless, ineffectual little twat he is. I'll be rich.
Put in a grand, you pissy little coward.

"I had to spend my vacation fund on a crappy toy because some lefty online made me feel inadequate."
User avatar
Samael13
is way smarter than you
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Bean town...
Posts: 6706
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:13 am

Re: CyberFrog Figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:54 pm

poncestar wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:16 pm
Make that $200.
Go for it. If you want to give your money to a bully to support a product you don't want because you somehow think that will teach the rest of a us a thing or two, it's your money to waste. I think it's a pretty weird flex, personally, but it's no skin off my nose if you throw your money away.

I get to choose how I spend my money, I don't give a shit how you spend yours. You can offer to pay off his mortgage and buy him a new corvette or burn a hundred bucks in a fire every time someone mentions the word "diversity" for all I care. I mean, I think it's *stupid*, but, hey, a lot of people probably think that my buying toys at all is stupid, so... >shrug<

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”